Game Day 2022 AFL Grand Final Geelong vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Will the crows win a flag in most of our lifetime? I can’t see it

I have zero confidence. Unless you pull a miracle out of the hat like West Coast it's really pushing it uphill as an interstate team.

You can be the best team all year and you'll probably still come up against a Vic side full of star players drafted to interstate teams who got traded to back to the powerhouses.

I'm convinced 119 will forever be safe after that, What an absolute smashing
It really puts that day in perspective doesn't it? Sydney did not even look competitive for one minute today yet still didn't get near 119.

You need 5 Hall of faders. Cats have Selwood, Dangerfield, Cameron and Hawkins. Maybe Stewart too?

Guys like Thilthorpe, Berry, etc need to step up and be that level.

Otherwise … no.
Seeing some of these plebs get medals and knowing Tex and Sloane won't ever get one breaks my heart a bit
Why, they didn't play like they wanted one on the day as did lots of their team mates. They also certainly didn't steel themselves for another crack at it in subsequent years. You generally get what you deserve in elite sports and they certainly don't deserve premiership medals. Both fantastic players but shat the bed when it mattered most.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the last two years of finals series has unfortunately made me realise that the Crows have never been further from a flag and it feels like with each year we're at best treading water in terms of reaching the level of the best sides
It's like a whole different game watching good teams in finals. You kind of forget football can be a pretty game if you spend all year only watching our games.

Next 2 years are critical if this generation is going to get anywhere near winning finals.

Watching the last two years of finals series has unfortunately made me realise that the Crows have never been further from a flag and it feels like with each year we're at best treading water in terms of reaching the level of the best sides
Of course we are further. cos we never bottomed out. If you wanted mid table reset then fine. A lot wanted a complete rebuild. Our admin structure also needed redoing. Did you not want that because a lot did.
now it’s done, remorse? Cmon, there must be more to this .

It's like a whole different game watching good teams in finals. You kind of forget football can be a pretty game if you spend all year only watching our games.

Next 2 years are critical if this generation is going to get anywhere near winning finals.
We would have been "competitive" for a few quarters against Sydney today and the Bulldogs last year....lol

Not really a fan of his music, but he's a great entertainer who knows how to put on a good show. There's only so much you can do in the middle of the G with the crowd all the way in the stands.

I loved his command of the Crowd while being just a mug fannying around on a stage getting 90 thousand people to sing at the same time. It’s as close to “never walk alone” you can get in AFL.

I loved his command of the Crowd while being just a mug fannying around on a stage getting 90 thousand people to sing at the same time. It’s as close to “never walk alone” you can get in AFL.

Yeah same for me. Not usually a big fan of his, but he was sensational today. In fact, Robbie was my highlight of the whole day, given how rubbish the match was.

With the Killers in 2017, he would be the best pregame entertainment the AFL has had.

The keys to this are:
  • well known melodic songs
  • upbeat songs (no sad dreary wispy vocals)
  • someone with a bit of stage presence who can work the crowd and take the p*ss a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2022 AFL Grand Final Geelong vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back