Game Day 2022 AFL Grand Final Geelong vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Alister Nicholson is a great commentator, just calls the game and actually knows the players. Should get more games next season.
Mostly agree but I think his “excitement” sometimes feels a bit manufactured. Not quite natural

I bet if he played for the Crows you would be saying
“Why the **** was a young guy who dominated the WAFL before the draft and was selected at Pick 8, left to cool his heels in the Twos all season?
Typical bloody Crows”.
Except Amiss was injured

I can’t remember one where all finals were absolute quality and tight most of the game
It's been the best season to watch in years as far as neutral games go. The AFL should leave the rule changes for a bit, as it has been pretty watchable this year.

“Why the **** was a young guy who dominated the WAFL before the draft and was selected at Pick 8, left to cool his heels in the Twos all season?
Typical bloody Crows”.
Piss off.

Rompingwins said that was their 7th finals win ever? Crazy stat.

I hate Brisbane but would be good to see them roll Melbourne next week and Freo drop the Pies to eliminate the MCG tenants. Annoying that if Melbourne win they will get their home prelim final against Geelong.

Typical bloody Crows”.
While they sniff around the top four all season? Probably not

While they sniff around the bottom four all season?

Typical bloody Crows”.
I bet if he played for the Crows Scorpus would know he injured his kidney in May and needed surgery……

Fail Jack

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad to see McRae come out and complain about the non-HTB calls in the Geelong Collingwood match

I've noticed a trend that most premiership coaches (eg Clarkson, Hardwick, Beveridge, Scott) always call out dodgy umpiring

Bodes well for their future that he isn't going to just sit there and let his team cop that

We are so, so far off finals football. Our skills are putrid.
Yeah I kept having that same thought in a lot of this week's final quarters. Players everywhere putting their hand up to be the man, and some amazingly difficult clutch goals going straight through the big sticks. Sitting here wondering "How many blokes on our team would've kicked that..."

Been some bloody entertaining footy this weekend. Also pleased to see THREE interstate teams come up with the chocolates. Two vic teams bow out. As it should be!
All four Melbourne sides lost - nice!

Two of the most unlikeable whinging coaches eliminated - extra nice!

Some super football played, huge pressure, great skills displayed, we are a fair way off that level as a team while we keep gifting games to players who won't reach that level. Most of us know who these plodders are

Freo are building a scarily good side. They already have a young clearance-winning midfield, great runners up forward (Freddy) and in defence (Young and Walker) a solid defence and they have a KPF for the future in Amiss.

And you’d imagine they’d add Jackson over the summer. Really good young core they have.

Yeah I kept having that same thought in a lot of this week's final quarters. Players everywhere putting their hand up to be the man, and some amazingly difficult clutch goals going straight through the big sticks. Sitting here wondering "How many blokes on our team would've kicked that..."
This finals series has demonstrated just how far off we are from the top 6 sides.

The gulf is enormous.

I bet if he played for the Crows Scorpus would know he injured his kidney in May and needed surgery……

Fail Jack
He played THREE pre-season games in the WAFL then rounds 1,2 and 3. He came in to debut against the Kangas, kicked two goals and was then dropped back to the WAFL. Don’t you just hate it when Kids are given one game and then dropped?

….. And then he was injured.

I’m sure that the usual suspects would have been very supportive of the Crows if we had done that.

Many Freo supporters were demanding that they played him from the get go.

Yet another elite comment George.

He played THREE pre-season games in the WAFL then rounds 1,2 and 3. He came in to debut against the Kangas, kicked two goals and was then dropped back to the WAFL. Don’t you just hate it when Kids are given one game and then dropped?

….. And then he was injured.

I’m sure that the usual suspects would have been very supportive of the Crows if we had done that.

Many Freo supporters were demanding that they played him from the get go.

Yet another elite comment George.
“Left to cool his heels in the Twos all season”

Either you didn’t know about the kidney injury or you did and were trolling. Actually I suspect it was both. Trying to save face, you’ve done some research and found he was dropped before he went for kidney surgery.

And no dropping a young player after one game isn’t good, do you think it is? But then again that wasn’t the point of your FIGJAM post was it Jack?

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2022 AFL Grand Final Geelong vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back