Player Watch 2022 AFL National Draft Discussion - read the pinned post

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn selecting with their first pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
National AFL draft Monday November 28(first round only).
All other selections to be held on Tuesday November 29.
The pre-season and rookie drafts will then take place at 3pm (AEST) on Wednesday November 30.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you go into detail why you're so high on George, have you coached him?? He isn't expected to go anywhere near pick 6 so it would be a reach especially coming off an acl, and it's probably a risk we can't take that early.
No don’t know the kid never coached him, Saw 3qtrs at Latrobe Uni Bundoora playing for the Bushies earlier in the year bagged 5 in a losing side extracting the urine, looked like he could kick 20. Seen enough.

The kid is a jet. Best in his class, could easily go Pick 1 if he wasn’t injured, most upside out of anyone in this years draft, it’s not even a question of his quality. He’s AFL ready, would have debut this year for any AFL team. Just my opinion.

Get him in at pick 7, he’s the best available talent at that pick, injury has nothing to do with talent. If medicos tick off on it pick 7 should be best available. He’s the best available.

I attended the 2kms time trials today. There were some very good sub 6 minute times and some disappointing 8 minute plus times. There was one run that really caught my attention. Anthony Munkara completed 2 laps and was looking comfortable running towards the rear of the group of 10 runners. I then noticed he was missing at the end of the third lap before observing him being assisted from the field from a position early in the third lap. At the end of the session I asked an Essenscum recruiter I know what happened to AK and he immediately said he had pulled his hamstring. The way he said it left me wondering if it quacks like a duck and waddles like a duck?

At what point can Essendon match a bid on Mankara?
Is he their NGA?

I think only if a bid is after 40

(Last year or the one before, it was 20...no restriction on northern academies, funnily enough)

I attended the 2kms time trials today. There were some very good sub 6 minute times and some disappointing 8 minute plus times. There was one run that really caught my attention. Anthony Munkara completed 2 laps and was looking comfortable running towards the rear of the group of 10 runners. I then noticed he was missing at the end of the third lap before observing him being assisted from the field from a position early in the third lap. At the end of the session I asked an Essenscum recruiter I know what happened to AK and he immediately said he had pulled his hamstring. The way he said it left me wondering if it quacks like a duck and waddles like a duck?
They've been hiding him for the 2nd half of the season. Dodo being Dodo.

They've been hiding him for the 2nd half of the season. Dodo being Dodo.
Ok, but at least Dodo is having a go !! It could be argued, Just like we did with Newcombe.
What Houdini has done has just stated the obvious, which I have no doubt has been noticed by others including HFC recruiting staff.

Darcy Jones with great testing, breaking Stephen Hill's agility record + doing extremely well in the vertical jump.
I want him at 24 and he may be available due to his size. Good speed, great skills, X-factor but diminutive. See a lot of Shai Bolton about him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darcy Jones with great testing, breaking Stephen Hill's agility record + doing extremely well in the vertical jump.
I want him at 24 and he may be available due to his size. Good speed, great skills, X-factor but diminutive. See a lot of Shai Bolton about him.
2.91 on the 20m sprint as well

Reckon he shoots up to late first/early second territory Bangers? 175cm players usually go later but that testing makes a statement.
I think he's already in early second round territory tbh, and like Sheldrick last year it just takes one club to like him at the right time to be seen as a bolter, but I think clubs already knew how athletic he is so not certain this changes much

I don't know why you'd count Cunnington or Greenwood, they're both about done.

They have Simpkin and LDU as hard running mids, and Wardlaw and Tsatas have the scope to be better than both. Phillips and Powell will be just nice players in comparison.

Today's AFL is all about midfield dominance and speed. There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that if North hold 2 and 3 on draft night that they take Wardlaw and Tsatas.
Only reason they wouldn't look at Wardlaw is the fact they might be scared of his hammies, if JHF leaves and they can get another high end pick, they'd probably look at Cadman & one of Wardlaw, Sheezel + Tsatas.

Absolutely. He looks very good.

If we can get MacKenzie, Darcy Jones & say Pick 25-27 (D'Aloia?) we'd be absolutely laughing.

There are plenty of red flags with Mankara. Have I missed something?
Played 1 championship game and barely touched it then went away for the season? Now failing to complete the endurance testing? Please correct me if I've gotten any of this wrong.

This draft is so important for us that I just can't imagine us taking a risk that huge. Especially if we only have 6 and 24 to play with.

There are plenty of red flags with Mankara. Have I missed something?
Played 1 championship game and barely touched it then went away for the season? Now failing to complete the endurance testing? Please correct me if I've gotten any of this wrong.

This draft is so important for us that I just can't imagine us taking a risk that huge. Especially if we only have 6 and 24 to play with.
Possibly the feeling is that Essendon are hiding him away.

Not that I necessarily believe it...but who would put it past those cheating, stinking scum-sucking pig-dogs?

Possibly the feeling is that Essendon are hiding him away.

Not that I necessarily believe it...but who would put it past those cheating, stinking scum-sucking pig-dogs?
Showed plenty against Collingwood VFL then completely disappeared ....hhhmmm

Any draft watchers have any inside info on injury or personal issues to put our minds at ease?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back