Player Watch 2022 AFL National Draft Discussion - read the pinned post

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn selecting with their first pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
National AFL draft Monday November 28(first round only).
All other selections to be held on Tuesday November 29.
The pre-season and rookie drafts will then take place at 3pm (AEST) on Wednesday November 30.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also not likely to be reflective of the way he'd deal with a tag at the higher levels. Umpiring would be better, plus he's still got an undeveloped frame and will likely grow a few more cm, not to mention he likely wouldn't have had this kind of attention before.
Christopher Mcdonald Lol GIF

If he slips through to our second pick, then it's going to be hard to pass up on him, given his tremendous talent. Yes, he doesn't have the greatest pace or the best kick, and he's a bit reliant on certain aspects of his game, but very few others can compete against his clearance numbers out of this draft cohort. He also doesn't mind a tackle, and he's very consistent. I would love for us to add him to our team, especially if we select Cadman on draft night.

Also not likely to be reflective of the way he'd deal with a tag at the higher levels. Umpiring would be better, plus he's still got an undeveloped frame and will likely grow a few more cm, not to mention he likely wouldn't have had this kind of attention before.
He’s going get sat on by much better players at AFL level.

First point, this is schadenfreude. I wish the English language had a equivalent but we don’t.

Next point: anyone who could not get past 5 minutes did not want to understand what Kninghtmare was saying

Yes he is difficult to listen to with his whiney piss-ant style of chat, but did you actually hear how BigFooty shut him down… and the reason why. No?

I got to 6 minutes and then had seen enough.

Knightmare, for all of his faults, provided ideas. Right or wrong, he gave an opinion.

For all those thinking his loss is nothing answer me this question…..

When you leave will anyone notice?
Go back and look at the post I quoted. Absolutely nothing to do with knightmare 🤦‍♂️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have a need for a genuine small forward with some pace and clean hands. Sheezel is likely out of our reach, but I do wonder where Charlie Clarkes draft range will end up.

Caught me eye with 8 early disposals in the wet in one of the championship games. Kicked 17 goals from 10 games (Sheezel 22 from 9 by comparison).

I've seen some rankings having him around the 30 mark and others not including him at all.

Humphrey shooting to 7 - coupled with the fact that Cal bases a lot of his info on insider words from teams - seems to indicate we have shown quite a bit of interest. I cannot honestly see anyone ahead of him falling to us other than Clark, who I have warmed up to a lot recently. Watching his game against the Jets. There's a sense of genuine despair in his eyes when he loses. He hates it, and despite his team doing absolutely nothing to help him he kept fighting for every inch. If we end up getting Bruhn it might be a bit irrelevant, but he works hard in packs and gets effective disposals from the guts. Does he do it in a flashy, athletic, burst-of-speed way? No, but he gets the ball and gets it to our runners while being a very strong mark overhead and being capable of kicking it long and hard or short and sharp.Very classy player that I would be thrilled to have.

Humphrey shooting to 7 - coupled with the fact that Cal bases a lot of his info on insider words from teams - seems to indicate we have shown quite a bit of interest. I cannot honestly see anyone ahead of him falling to us other than Clark, who I have warmed up to a lot recently. Watching his game against the Jets. There's a sense of genuine despair in his eyes when he loses. He hates it, and despite his team doing absolutely nothing to help him he kept fighting for every inch. If we end up getting Bruhn it might be a bit irrelevant, but he works hard in packs and gets effective disposals from the guts. Does he do it in a flashy, athletic, burst-of-speed way? No, but he gets the ball and gets it to our runners while being a very strong mark overhead and being capable of kicking it long and hard or short and sharp.Very classy player that I would be thrilled to have.
Interesting discussion point.

Do we go for the riskier, match winning type player with reasonably limited exposure such as Humphrey or a locked and loaded 200 game midfielder in Clark.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

Interesting discussion point.

Do we go for the riskier, match winning type player with reasonably limited exposure such as Humphrey or a locked and loaded 200 game midfielder in Clark.

Hmmmmmmmmm.
I never thought I'd say this, but it all comes down to Tanner Bruhn I feel. As much as we all love to dump on Titch, he does provide the in-and-under extractor role that will allow Newk, Moore, and Ward to showcase their talents effectively. The issues with Titch lie with his lack of versatility and kicking, both of which Tanner should be able to develop into in the right environment. If we have our contested extractor locked in we likely don't want to bring Clark into a situation where he cannot fill that role. Especially since CMac was drafted with the eye of becoming a clearance midfielder and Worpel still has a chance to regain his spot, if we get Bruhn I expect nothing is stopping us from picking up Humphrey. You need some x-factor to win flags, and Humphrey has the sufficient upside to take a punt if we aren't getting a top talent like Tsatas, Cadman, or Sheezel. Worst case, Hump never makes it into the midfield and becomes a power forward who gets to learn from Bruesty and Gunner without taking up midfield time to develop him into an AFL player. Best case he's the best player in the competition.

As much as I dislike selwood I would love to have him on my team and Clark reminds me of him.

Wardthorn for me.
I laughed off the hamstring injury concerns about Wardlaw but I wasn't aware of the extent of them. Explosive player with hamstring issues is high risk, probably more than most injury issues. Hard to not see the chance of a Nathan Freeman in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back