List Mgmt. 2022 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals: Kinnear & Dalrymple - we march to no drum but our own!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm suggesting we could move pick 20 back about 3-5 spots, and then move pick 41 up about 11 spots (at a minimum). IF we are confident that it gets us what we want. We're comparing pick 23-25 and 30, with pick 20 and 41. Again, I'm not suggesting we do this for the sake of swapping picks, it would have to be to get 2 players we rate, rather than 1 and having to hope we get something decent at 41. I care about outcomes more than looking like we've won a pick swap.

And in any case, I've said that I'd just prefer to get Barnett at 20. Then we keep 41, or would have to use next years picks to move that one up if we wanted to.

It’s still not enough coming back to us for a trade back. There’s nothing between 30 and 45 in this draft. You are very likely to get the same player at 40 than you would at 30. You don’t sell your picks for 2c in the dollar

It’s still not enough coming back to us for a trade back. There’s nothing between 30 and 45 in this draft. You are very likely to get the same player at 40 than you would at 30. You don’t sell your picks for 2c in the dollar
You really don't seem to be reading what I'm saying. I'm saying that we could move 41 to 30 if we thought it would net us Gruzewski (a specific need), if we rate him, because he will be gone by 41. We might think he'll be gone before that, so yeah we'd want to get more in that case. And we could do that if we rated someone like Keeler, but don't think that he'll go before 23-25, so could drop back a bit, still grab him and then pick up Gruzewski.

Again, for the umpteenth time, I'm trying to suggest scenarios where we can get particular players in to fill needs. I don't believe we need to be seen to "win" pick swaps, if we achieve what we set out to achieve.

And again, you're making unfounded claims about draft depth, which will in very high likelihood be proven wrong over time.

You really don't seem to be reading what I'm saying. I'm saying that we could move 41 to 30 if we thought it would net us Gruzewski (a specific need), if we rate him, because he will be gone by 41. We might think he'll be gone before that, so yeah we'd want to get more in that case. And we could do that if we rated someone like Keeler, but don't think that he'll go before 23-25, so could drop back a bit, still grab him and then pick up Gruzewski.

Again, for the umpteenth time, I'm trying to suggest scenarios where we can get particular players in to fill needs. I don't believe we need to be seen to "win" pick swaps, if we achieve what we set out to achieve.

And again, you're making unfounded claims about draft depth, which will in very high likelihood be proven wrong over time.

You still don’t sell for bargains that’s really poor strategy. You don’t drop down unless there is a good reason (in other words it’s in your favour). I’m happy to do your thing IF there is a future second coming our way. That’s what it will cost. It costs a bit to move up

You still don’t sell for bargains that’s really poor strategy. You don’t drop down unless there is a good reason (in other words it’s in your favour). I’m happy to do your thing IF there is a future second coming our way. That’s what it will cost. It costs a bit to move up
23-25 and 30 (at the latest), for 20 and 41, plus us getting a future 2nd as well, is a ridiculous trade that no-one in their right mind would make with us (it would probably take several parties anyway, and this would represent way too much value for us for anyone to agree).

And yes, I believe it would be in our favour, if say we rated both Keeler and Gruzewski, to drop down and then come up with our 2 picks, in order to get them both. I am literally saying it is a good reason.

Anyway I'm talking about specific players/needs, you're talking about winning re: draft pick value. So there's no real point continuing.

23-25 and 30 (at the latest), for 20 and 41, plus us getting a future 2nd as well, is a ridiculous trade that no-one in their right mind would make with us (it would probably take several parties anyway, and this would represent way too much value for us for anyone to agree).

And yes, I believe it would be in our favour, if say we rated both Keeler and Gruzewski, to drop down and then come up with our 2 picks, in order to get them both. I am literally saying it is a good reason.

Anyway I'm talking about specific players/needs, you're talking about winning re: draft pick value. So there's no real point continuing.

That’s the point it has to favour us. Your idea is us losing or at utter best breaking square. Nup not taking that risk when trading down you need to be the ones winning that trade. It’s your pick not theirs. A future second with a f4 th going back is decent

That’s the point it has to favour us. Your idea is us losing or at utter best breaking square. Nup not taking that risk when trading down you need to be the ones winning that trade. It’s your pick not theirs. A future second with a f4 th going back is decent
Yes, because you aren't reading what I'm writing and seem to see pick swaps, not as a mechanism for us to get players we might want/need (in a hypothetical), but to somehow come out on top in vague "draft value" terms.

Over It Ugh GIF

Yes, because you aren't reading what I'm writing and seem to see pick swaps, not as a mechanism for us to get players we might want/need (in a hypothetical), but to somehow come out on top in vague "draft value" terms.

You are the one wanting to trade an asset for half the price that every single other club does. I’m fine with trading back but it has to be on our terms not theirs. Thankfully we won’t do this on draft night anyway and we will take our two first rounder to the draft unless there is a deal IN OUR FAVOUR and those three words are the key. There’s better talents at that range than shifting back for a Hail Mary. I’ll be happy with two mids if that’s what happens

You are the one wanting to trade an asset for half the price that every single other club does. I’m fine with trading back but it has to be on our terms not theirs. Thankfully we won’t do this on draft night anyway and we will take our two first rounder to the draft unless there is a deal IN OUR FAVOUR and those three words are the key. There’s better talents at that range than shifting back for a Hail Mary. I’ll be happy with two mids if that’s what happens
We just fundamentally disagree over what "in our favour" means. I believe we need to build a team, where all positions are filled and we have depth. You believe we need to protect draft capital at all costs, even if it means only bringing in players that won't necessarily help us win flags.

We just fundamentally disagree over what "in our favour" means. I believe we need to build a team, where all positions are filled and we have depth. You believe we need to protect draft capital at all costs, even if it means only bringing in players that won't necessarily help us win flags.

We will do that and we don’t have to move at all! Take the two first rounders best available and take the best tall at 43, simple. That is unless one of those two talls that are expected to go drop to our 14. It’s simple, easy and it protects us. Trust the recruiters they have said the talls haven’t come on and that happens so don’t expect 2-3 talls if you expect it prepare to be disappointed

We will do that and we don’t have to move at all! Take the two first rounders best available and take the best tall at 43, simple. That is unless one of those two talls that are expected to go drop to our 14. It’s simple, easy and it protects us. Trust the recruiters they have said the talls haven’t come on and that happens so don’t expect 2-3 talls if you expect it prepare to be disappointed
I've said before that I don't expect the recruiters to do what I want or what we need. We already know that Dalrymple loves mids above all else. That's why we've been drafting so many.

I've said before that I don't expect the recruiters to do what I want or what we need. We already know that Dalrymple loves mids above all else. That's why we've been drafting so many.

And it’s worked gone from bottom 4 to a GF since he’s been here. Yeah the GF was ugly but no one was beating Geelong that day.

LOL. What a reach. He probably had some say in Stephens. Other than that, his midfield picks weren't the reason we came up the table.

Depth is everything. We will get talls it might be next year. It’s not an essential need we have traded in Francis

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne having a pick before us is VERY annoying. If Freo had that pick they wouldn’t pick him (they took a KPF last season in the top 10).

I wouldn’t be against getting the best small forward at our second first rounder it’s not a massive need but with Paps being less of a small forward it’s a need, Jacob Konstanty the one for mine.

Except Melbourne also recruited a KPF in the first round last year (Jacob van Rooyen).

Except Melbourne also recruited a KPF in the first round last year (Jacob van Rooyen).
JVR is also a KPD. I think he played a decent amount forward this year, but also as a KPD. He was actually more of a KPD at draft time, but anyway, remains to be seen where he ends up. Dees have also lost Weideman, McDonald not getting any younger and neither is Brown.

Getting Grundy kicks the ruck need down the road, but I could see them wanting to get in a KPF.

Swing man can play forward or back. Jefferson would replace Brown in a year or so

Okay all your smarties - time to put your reputation out there and double down

I have never claimed to be more than an idiot with an ill-informed opinion that I have just pulled out of my arse.

God I cannot wait to laugh at my predictions in a fortnight

surely LP1 is favourite to win this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back