2022 Federal Election Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 2 can be found here

Excellent name recognition, likeable and well regarded in his electorate.

Any other candidate and I’d say Labor would be favoured

I miss this in politics. I disagreed with him on a lot, but I remember Fisher used to be similar when he was in the gig. even when deputy, he was never seen as a flog who ditched the locals, and would wear the bluddies and moleskins once every three years. He was the local member and a voice for their community.

And one thing with this kind of poli, they are (were :( ) the type who would compromise with the other side to get decent policy through. The move to white knuckle "my way or **** off and die" policy in this country since Work Choices has been sad.

Last edited:
The nutbugs on the backbench trying their best to insert American culture wars issues into the agenda here isn't going to help them either. The backlash against Deeves from so many different quarters has been really pleasing.
Culture wars resonate in the US. Not as much in Oz. It’s one of Rupert’s biggest mis-steps. The old fogey’s radar is pretty sketchy these days. Piers Morgan and TalkTV will be dead before the end of the year.

I miss this in politics. I disagreed with him on a lot, but I remember Fisher used to be similar when he was in the gig. even when deputy, he was never seen as a flog who ditched the locals, and would wear the bluddies and moleskins once every four years. He was the local member and a voice for their community.

And one thing with this kind of poli, they are (were :( ) the type who would compromise with the other side to get decent policy through. The move to white knuckle "my way or fu** off and die" policy in this country since Work Choices has been sad.
Steele Hall in Boothby is another good example of that. It's always been at least mentioned in dispatches in most elections since he retired, maybe after twenty six it will finally change hands.

So the LNP claims it will pay for its promises using 'efficiency dividends' (cowardly weasel language - that means cuts) to the public service.

That means Morrison is after Medicare, after Centrelink and after Veterans Affairs among others. It means more pain and suffering when needing help from the welfare system and even longer waiting times for veterans to have their claims processed.

As predictable as the sun rising in the east. A re-elected Morrison government will make the under-funding of government departments worse.

Did you see the piece from the faux leftie toe-rag Joe Hildebrand? He pleaded for alp voters in Kooyong to vote Fydro in order to stop the libs becoming too far right under Dutton.

It's like telling a Richmond supporter to help get rid of the Carlton recruiters because they keep recruiting spuds
Wait who thinks Hildebrand is a leftie?

I'll tells you one thing chaps and chapettes, if shitshow Scomo and his sociopathic selection of scumbags gets back in, this* is what politics and government will look like for a generation. Because it will have been demonstrated to be effective.

* gaslighting, punishing demographics that don't vote for you, bold faced lies, pork, corruption, etc.

Reports in the DT that Keneally might be in trouble in Fowler
Who would have thought parachuting an pretty openly racists white woman into a community full of the people she is pretty openly racist about would have backfired!

Even better was her coming out with the whole bill the people in immigration detention, they're mostly criminals anyway line

1652742926317.png

Keep saying the quiet parts out loud Kristina

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another election pamphlet in the letterbox... 100% attack ad on Albanese. No Liberal party branding, no logo, no mention of Scott Morrison, no mention of the local candidate. The only indication it is from the Liberals is the mandatory authorisation.

Gee political advertising is a shitshow.

How gutless.

Another election pamphlet in the letterbox... 100% attack ad on Albanese. No Liberal party branding, no logo, no mention of Scott Morrison, no mention of the local candidate. The only indication it is from the Liberals is the mandatory authorisation.

Gee political advertising is a shitshow.

How gutless.

i thought you would have cancelled your subscription to The Australian by now.

Culture wars resonate in the US. Not as much in Oz. It’s one of Rupert’s biggest mis-steps. The old fogey’s radar is pretty sketchy these days. Piers Morgan and TalkTV will be dead before the end of the year.

Piers is following Alan Jones down the same hole to essentially noone watching him too:

"The ratings for the program on Foxtel’s Sky News Australia have raced to the bottom since it premiered last month. The first episode drew 86,000 viewers (winning the night on the subscription TV service), whereas last Friday the show drew less than 23,000 viewers and didn’t even register on the official OzTAM ratings reports."

I'll tells you one thing chaps and chapettes, if shitshow Scomo and his sociopathic selection of scumbags gets back in, this* is what politics and government will look like for a generation. Because it will have been demonstrated to be effective.

* gaslighting, punishing demographics that don't vote for you, bold faced lies, pork, corruption, etc.
This is certainly true.

And the ones who will complain the loudest about it all down the track, will be the very ones who voted it in!

Wait who thinks Hildebrand is a leftie?

Hildebrand - he never stops telling us of his ALP "sympathies"

I think he's like the alt white idiots on bigfooty who keep telling us that they are centralists who are swing voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back