Autopsy 2022 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Unless Lloyd is a body language expert there is really no way of knowing just based on how they looked when the anthem played.

Lots of athletes get emotional when hearing it doesnt mean they are overawed or scared.
Yeah I looked at the footage and I reckon it’s far from conclusive, not only that we looked particularly nervous, but also that Geelong looked particularly confident.

We did have some spares 'watching' nearby though.
Cringeworthy .. same mistake twice, one after another...

View attachment 1519251
At the end of the day Hawkins is Tom M's man.
Both time he was in the picture & not watching any other player & both times no where near Hawkins.

At the end of the day Hawkins is Tom M's man.
Both time he was in the picture & not watching any other player & both times no where near Hawkins.

If hawkins is rucking v Hickey then Tom M can't be competing against him for the bounce

Back at work today but still flat.

Never had a weekend where the first half was so good but the second half so bad. The vibe in Melbourne from when I got down on Thursday night was awesome, the parade Friday and pubs were great. Saturday was fantastic too until about 2.35pm...

Better it happened now at the start of our window than in 2-3 years time, but just got to hope we don't get scarred from this.

Hopefully it is the experience we needed before we are peaking and we don't get overawed on GF day again. We are still so young and beaten by a hardened, experienced side.

Round 1 feels an eternity away but we will be okay. Go Bloods!

Back at work today but still flat.

Never had a weekend where the first half was so good but the second half so bad. The vibe in Melbourne from when I got down on Thursday night was awesome, the parade Friday and pubs were great. Saturday was fantastic too until about 2.35pm...

Better it happened now at the start of our window than in 2-3 years time, but just got to hope we don't get scarred from this.

Hopefully it is the experience we needed before we are peaking and we don't get overawed on GF day again. We are still so young and beaten by a hardened, experienced side.

Round 1 feels an eternity away but we will be okay. Go Bloods!
How do you know our window is in 3 years

They might not get another chance

I can't believe that some on here have turned into PIES sooks about ground and crowd size it's pathetic .
One thing we can do in future is straight after the Prelim , just come down and train here for the week , obviously Hotel in city and use the nearby Port ground as the surface is outstanding . It showed in lockdown how close we were when staying together . Brisbane were actually going to do it .
Time for not just player review , but behind the scenes as well someone stuffed up .
Let's still celebrate an 18 win season and 1 terrible loss shouldn't define us.
Nice take on that Bedders

Beat the Sydney ruck you beat the Swans. They also put time in Mills and Rowbottom like no one else has. Every contest just went their way in the centre. Ball bounced to them.
That is what annoys me the most about Pete Ladhams brainfades. He would have been useful, at least against Hawkins in the ruck (where he kicked those two in the first). His presence and body wouldn't have allowed that to happen imo. Was critical to the game, start off crap you have the work cut out for you.

We somewhat tried to even the contest in the second, which I thought we had. Had a slight sniff in the 3rd if we'd kicked the first couple but in the end the mountain was too big to climb.

what annoys me is how classy geelong are in victory - like selwood posing for picture , getting drinks man on the ground and nice moments

almost prefer they were a pack of assholes 🤣

Either way, it also seemed like the coaching staff were frozen in the heat of the moment. After they scored 3 quick goals in the 3rd, it seemed like they were out of ideas. Didn't know what hit them.

Unexpected, even with the early season struggles we always found a way to make it respectable or complete the comeback even if we were 6-7 goals down. Even against Brisbane we clawed it back to under a goal before Neale went beast mode.

Anyways...

what annoys me is how classy geelong are in victory - like selwood posing for picture , getting drinks man on the ground and nice moments

almost prefer they were a pack of assholes 🤣
He also went a shook hands of all officials and obviously players after the game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If hawkins is rucking v Hickey then Tom M can't be competing against him for the bounce
That is true but I think the question would be based around if he wasn’t what the **** was he doing ? He was no orphan when it come to sitting back taking in the atmosphere and enjoying the very rare Melbourne spring sunshine on Saturday. All as bad as each other. Stunned Saturday, oblivious Sunday and hurting yesterday. Today just ****ing angry.

Had a chat to a current assistant AFL coach I see regularly.
He says otherwise & that we would have trained for that scenario like 16 other clubs do & that was the moment the young guys would have dropped their heads once it happened for a second time.

That’s true it’s all about
Hickys fault imo

He would of known 💯 what Hawkins did in the front half
Thats fine Punts but the overgrown man child is a beast and regardless pressure or at the very less perceived around both stoppages should have been there. It was pathetic from all players with a couple of mtrs radius around that stoppage.

That is true but I think the question would be based around if he wasn’t what the **** was he doing ? He was no orphan when it come to sitting back taking in the atmosphere and enjoying the very rare Melbourne spring sunshine on Saturday. All as bad as each other. Stunned Saturday, oblivious Sunday and hurting yesterday. Today just ****ing angry.

oh he was shithouse, but i would hope he had a tall cats player manned up somewhere

Agree. Everything has to align. Be it luck with injury, further improvement from young talent and timing with list demographic. No good of having 22 of the best young players in the Comp with no Senior experience. How long can Rampe, Parker, Hickey, Franklin, LLoyd and blokes hang around in this so called window ? List timing is everything.

Had a chat to a current assistant AFL coach I see regularly.
He says otherwise & that we would have trained for that scenario like 16 other clubs do & that was the moment the young guys would have dropped their heads once it happened for a second time.

but I mean once two rucks are nominated , Hickey and Hawkins , mccartin literally can't be in that contest

where do you want him to be ? standing in front waiting for hawkins to finish the ruck ?

window stuffs a pile of shit, we aim to be up there every year (we do a decent job of it)

the list needs work every year, we may have a grand final day issue, but club has shown it contends most years (some better than others )

it doesn't automatically happen either , but thinking it's ok we are ahead of plan , nah doesn't work like that either , we have to also be looking to improve every year

window stuffs a pile of s**t, we aim to be up there every year (we do a decent job of it)

the list needs work every year, we may have a grand final day issue, but club has shown it contends most years (some better than others )

it doesn't automatically happen either , but thinking it's ok we are ahead of plan , nah doesn't work like that either , we have to also be looking to improve every year
Couldn’t agree more

Hate the window timing talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back