List Mgmt. 2022 List Management and trading thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Bauer’s a nice prospect, unsure if he’s for us though with Gollant on the books. Would look for a more genuine KPF at the end of the year

My fear is that Carmichael goes to the Bombers, we take Turner with our first and pass on our second. Would be very unimaginative IMO

Surely no one else is taking Turner. If we must (and we shouldn't) he will be there at our last pick in the National Draft or even the Rookie Draft.

Just heard cal twomey say where interested in mutaz el nour in the mid season draft tomorrow night. Don’t mind that
I don't mind that either. I don't think we should get hung up on his current position. He looks like a great mark, with X-factor, and could be undergoing a growth spurt. I think we need this sort of variety, especially given the electric form that many of his compatriots seem to be showing currently in the AFL. Get on board! ;)

Surely Dylan Stephens would be high on our radar right now.

He signed a 2 year extension last offseason, however hasn't played since round 3. Quick and also a good user of the footy. Is more of an outside midfielder who would compliment our current group.

Be interesting to see what Sydney would demand as compensation.

BRL121 - Not a fan of him as a player?

Our KPD depth chart is horribly low.

You would think drafting Sam Durdin should be a priority.

But it won't be.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

BRL121 - Not a fan of him as a player?
I didn't see much of his SANFL efforts, but what I did see didn't stand out to suggest a high draft position. He has shown little for Sydney in the AFL, which has confirmed my initial assessment. If we had drafted him, I think by now our board would be starting to criticise the recruiters again.

So, this is definitely not the player we should be itching to trade in! As in the cases of Luko and Rankine, we have been blessed to not have recruited them. We should only trade in players who are AFL-proven and will clearly improve the 22 (see Dawson), not overhyped boys who have not lived up to the hype. Leave speculation to the drafting.

I can't understand why we would be looking at a mature age midfielder such as Turner. I doubt he is going to become an elite AFL midfielder which we desperately need.

We are already compromising the development of our younger mids (Berry, Hately, Pedlar) to accommodate the Laird, Keays and Crouch (stacked midfield) combo. How is Turner going to make us any better both short and long term noting he is in his mid 20's.

I don't know how good the prospects are in this mid season draft but if they don't have the potential to be a ready to go KPD (which is needed right now) or of an age 19-21 who can develop into a quality upgrade of our current squad, what's the point of filling list spots who will not make our best 22 better. We might as well keep the spots open for the National Draft and pick more kids to add to our list. It's not like we don't have players already on our list who could come in and get some more game time such as Cook, Pedlar, Worrell, Gollant, Parnell etc.
Great Post, couldn't agree more. If we do take Turner then that is such a dumb decision. It just reeks of another Jono Beech or Patrick Wilson type selection. He would probably do ok if we brought him in to the side, but he is mid 20's now. Wouldn't be very often that a player his age suddenly develops to a new level and is then at the level required to be a top line AFL mid, which is what we need in our team. We don't need more depth in that position, we already have a bunch of kids waiting in the wings who can't get a game. I would much rather prioritize them over a guy in his mid 20's

I agree that we should be looking to take a young ready to go KPD to cover Butts as a priority.

Not sure if anyone else has posted re Tex's situation, but they're talking about a potential 1 year deal for next year. Is this something we should do, or allow him to move on - if there's a suitor? I'm in two minds - keep him for a year, but slowly transition him out of the best 22 into a mentoring type of role, or let him go, as it does seem apparent that the likes of Fog perform better if he's not there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if anyone else has posted re Tex's situation, but they're talking about a potential 1 year deal for next year. Is this something we should do, or allow him to move on - if there's a suitor? I'm in two minds - keep him for a year, but slowly transition him out of the best 22 into a mentoring type of role, or let him go, as it does seem apparent that the likes of Fog perform better if he's not there.

Jesus.

If a 23 year old key forward with 6 preseasons and over 50 games under him can't perform because a 33 year old shares the forward line - what the actual f*** are we doing.

Id be fine with a 1 year deal. 2 i think might be too much. Im sure his role would be more a mentor role between now and the end of his afc career

Jesus.

If a 23 year old key forward with 6 preseasons and over 50 games under him can't perform because a 33 year old shares the forward line - what the actual f*** are we doing.
True, I'm not defending Fog...but if there's a trend that develops (last weeks game may have been a once-off) then the powers that be may take that into consideration. Personally, I think we're way too slow up fwd if we play Tex, Fog and TT in the same side, so there's a potential imbalance there. I'd prefer to see more of Gollant in one of their spots to be honest.

So aparently Jai Culley reacons West Coast, who all the media pundents have claimed will pick him tonight, hasnt shown any interest in him.. and so, even though he said he’d be stoked to go to WC, he’s not expecting WC to pick him..

Wonder if he is just saying that to save himself the shame if by chance he doesnt end up being the number 1 pick..

Strange regardless..

Big win for North or the bombers if it does end up that way though/.

True, I'm not defending Fog...but if there's a trend that develops (last weeks game may have been a once-off) then the powers that be may take that into consideration. Personally, I think we're way too slow up fwd if we play Tex, Fog and TT in the same side, so there's a potential imbalance there. I'd prefer to see more of Gollant in one of their spots to be honest.
Well so far it's a trend with precisely 1 data point. The absence of Tex didn't help Fog's abysmal performances from R1-3.

Okay, so there's maybe 18 months between them but both mature players.

Player 1 (av): Disp: 31.1 Ranking points 118

Player 2 (av): Disp: 24 Ranking: 108

Why would we look at Brett Turner if we let Riley Knight go??

I'm not sure if it just me being a bit grumpy, but it feels like we have such a culture of entitlement with our players.

Over the years we have had a clear hierarchy. Experienced players are at the top and get rewarded as such - even if they are B grade level talent. Young players, no matter how good, have to wait for their rewards. They should feel privileged to be included in anything we do.

As the experienced players get to the end, are they grateful and do they put the club first? Nope. It's still me, me, me.

Tex has been Captain of the club. He's had a great career and as a former Captain of the biggest club in town, he will have plenty of opportunities post footy. He should be more than happy to go with one year deals. He should be happy to let the club make the call. Instead we get this BS played out in the media? Another club is offering him a deal? Quick better give him a 2 year deal! It's actually sickening.

If Tex and his management aren't behind this (I hope they aren't because it's such a selfish move and would really put me off Tex), then he should come out and put it to bed. He should declare that it's in everyones best interests to look at 1 year deals and to discuss at the end of the year. End of story. Trying to twist the arm of the club that has looked after you so much is just grubby.

Tex has been Captain of the club. He's had a great career and as a former Captain of the biggest club in town, he will have plenty of opportunities post footy. He should be more than happy to go with one year deals. He should be happy to let the club make the call. Instead we get this BS played out in the media? Another club is offering him a deal? Quick better give him a 2 year deal! It's actually sickening.

If Tex and his management aren't behind this (I hope they aren't because it's such a selfish move and would really put me off Tex), then he should come out and put it to bed. He should declare that it's in everyones best interests to look at 1 year deals and to discuss at the end of the year. End of story. Trying to twist the arm of the club that has looked after you so much is just grubby.

Tex has previously taken a pay cut to keep other players.

Tex has been our top goal kicker in 2019, 2020, 2021 and is leading in 2022.

Tex was a top 3 goal kicker and captain of our club in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.

And you have the balls to call him selfish for wanting a little more security and a longer contract. After all the bullshit we have pulled as a club over the past 5 years, why should he be loyal.

Tex has given to the AFC a lot more than the club has given to him.

Tex was a top 3 goal kicker and captain of our club in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.

And you have the balls to call him selfish for wanting a little more security and a longer contract. After all the bullshit we have pulled as a club over the past 5 years, why should he be loyal.

Great points except the last two, unnecessary. His relationship with the club has been mutual, it's win win.

He'll get another year, all good.

Not sure I agree. Tex has been very well compensated and has been the face of the club. He is well set up for post football media.

The reality is that we would be negligent to offer him a contract right now. There is absolutely no need and this BS of using the media to try and manipulate the club is very selfish. It's also leaves a bad taste I think.
If he plays out the season and is going well, he gets another year. If 2023 is again good, then sure, another year in 2024. But there is no need to play it this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back