List Mgmt. 2022 List Management and trading thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So.. what does everyone here want from tomorrows MSD?..

Give us your favoured shopping list..

I want Carmichael with our first.. knowing Culley will be gooorne by then..

And Kantilla with our second.. or Turner.. if one of them are still on the board..
Kantilla? So we can play him in the SANFL next to Newchurch, never to be seen again?
Turner? No thanks. Nothing against him, but just don't see how he is going to help.

Carmichael yes. Then fill a whole in our list.

Knowing us, we will take Massimo and then pass on our second pick.

Kantilla? So we can play him in the SANFL next to Newchurch, never to be seen again?
Turner? No thanks. Nothing against him, but just don't see how he is going to help.

Carmichael yes. Then fill a whole in our list.

Knowing us, we will take Massimo and then pass on our second pick.
Why is everyone so keen on Carmichael? He’s a slow moving mid I think we have a few of those already.

And Kantilla with our second.. or Turner.. if one of them are still on the board..
Tell you want I don't think we need is a 25yo slow-averaged paced, inside mid who we think can play forward pocket.

So many holes to fill.............but the glaring issue to me is a KPD, who knows if we have irons in the fire to trade for one in the off-season though.

Also need an athletic ruck to develop.

For those more in the know, these names that we are being linked to, is there any chance of them playing for us this year, or are they more the prospective types?

So many holes to fill.............but the glaring issue to me is a KPD, who knows if we have irons in the fire to trade for one in the off-season though.

Also need an athletic ruck to develop.

For those more in the know, these names that we are being linked to, is there any chance of them playing for us this year, or are they more the prospective types?
I'd rather a prospect than a 25 year old plug in now type. 20-22 year old would be perfect.

I think Turner with our second pick is inevitable

First pick will be interesting. Other than Carmichael, we haven’t really been linked with anyone. Hope that if Carmichael is gone by our pick that we don’t just select Turner with our first and pass on our second (although that would be very on-brand for us)

I think Turner with our second pick is inevitable

First pick will be interesting. Other than Carmichael, we haven’t really been linked with anyone. Hope that if Carmichael is gone by our pick that we don’t just select Turner with our first and pass on our second (although that would be very on-brand for us)
Seems like we've gone out of our way to make that 2nd spot by pushing Seeds onto the LTI which is the kind of smart thing we wouldn't normally do.

Agree on Turner though, fair enough for a 2nd pick though I'd be going with Voss if he's there

I can't understand why we would be looking at a mature age midfielder such as Turner. I doubt he is going to become an elite AFL midfielder which we desperately need.

We are already compromising the development of our younger mids (Berry, Hately, Pedlar) to accommodate the Laird, Keays and Crouch (stacked midfield) combo. How is Turner going to make us any better both short and long term noting he is in his mid 20's.

I don't know how good the prospects are in this mid season draft but if they don't have the potential to be a ready to go KPD (which is needed right now) or of an age 19-21 who can develop into a quality upgrade of our current squad, what's the point of filling list spots who will not make our best 22 better. We might as well keep the spots open for the National Draft and pick more kids to add to our list. It's not like we don't have players already on our list who could come in and get some more game time such as Cook, Pedlar, Worrell, Gollant, Parnell etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't understand why we would be looking at a mature age midfielder such as Turner. I doubt he is going to become an elite AFL midfielder which we desperately need.

We are already compromising the development of our younger mids (Berry, Hately, Pedlar) to accommodate the Laird, Keays and Crouch (stacked midfield) combo. How is Turner going to make us any better both short and long term noting he is in his mid 20's.

I don't know how good the prospects are in this mid season draft but if they don't have the potential to be a ready to go KPD (which is needed right now) or of an age 19-21 who can develop into a quality upgrade of our current squad, what's the point of filling list spots who will not make our best 22 better. We might as well keep the spots open for the National Draft and pick more kids to add to our list. It's not like we don't have players already on our list who could come in and get some more game time such as Cook, Pedlar, Worrell, Gollant, Parnell etc.
Agree. I'd rather go for a guy who has a 20% chance of being in our best 10 players than a 80% chance of getting a guy who is 20-25 on the list.

Couldn't agree more with this post stating why would we in mid season draft recruit another mid or small player that would not be much or not have same skills etc as current kids with many listed in the attached post that cannot get games now including first rounders Cook and Pedlar.
Posters on here dont want Murray or Frampton but simple fact is there is no others to pick .
A KPD or KPD is what should look at as worked with Butts and Murray as rookie or mid season pick ups and in past with Rutten and Bock.

Would be totally ridiculous to pick a midfielder tomorrow, we already have a conga line of young midfielders that can't get any meaningful midfield minutes. Throwing another joker into the mix for the last 11 games is pointless.

Grab the best KPD available and just bloody play him in the senior team, we've seen what happens when we have no Butts - would also free Doedee up a bit not having to defend someone 10cm taller than him every game.

Having said that I expect the AFC to select a slow mid that will play 2 games in the forward pocket before the season ends and we pass on our other selection.

We should have a poll on what people expect us to do - not what we should be doing.

Last edited:
There was a rumour we tried, but couldn't get anyone to bite on our asking price.
We tried to swap 6 with Carlton they wanted Stephens but then Sydney took him and we still tried but Carlton only wanted to give up their future 2nd to move up and we wanted their 1st and they said you're dreaming.

Bauer the 191cm forward and Turner.

Carmichael at 3 just before us

Not sure we need either of those, though Bauer has some tricks and is pretty good on the deck.
Yeah Bauer’s a nice prospect, unsure if he’s for us though with Gollant on the books. Would look for a more genuine KPF at the end of the year

My fear is that Carmichael goes to the Bombers, we take Turner with our first and pass on our second. Would be very unimaginative IMO

Ditts has aparently has also said it the Suns after Tex..

They can have him..

Straight swap for Luko and Rankine thanks!..

Cant see Tex turning his whole life upside down, with the young family he has, just to get another year of football in..

This is what Thommo did, leant on media mates to leak about how in demand he is. This time next year it’ll be Sloane if he’s played a decent game or 2. It’s our senior player culture, me first, second and the rest of the placings. VB forced Walsh to remove the captaincy from him, it’s just who we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back