List Mgmt. 2022 List Management and trading thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like it if someone could at least try to give me some reason why we would draft Brett Turner another smallish 26 year old mid when we have so many kids we are not giving a game to and we have let like of Knight, Wilson etc go who where top SANFL players at same age.
Seriously if someone seen a bit of Turner can they just give us some positive about.
Also feedback about Baeur as a fwd who can mark and some size about seems would add something to our midget no goal forward line.

I would like it if someone could at least try to give me some reason why we would draft Brett Turner another smallish 26 year old mid when we have so many kids we are not giving a game to and we have let like of Knight, Wilson etc go who where top SANFL players at same age.
Seriously if someone seen a bit of Turner can they just give us some positive about.
Also feedback about Baeur as a fwd who can mark and some size about seems would add something to our midget no goal forward line.

The only thing I could think of is we're all in on a SANFL premiership.

Ok folks - prediction time! What do we do tonight?

I'm going:
Pick 4: Lachie Carrigan
Pick 19: Pass
No idea what we do tonight, last year I wanted a ruck but was pleased with Parnell, Im just glad we are taking picks at all. A 19yo with future potential like Parnell, Carmicheal has looked really good in the Sanfl, don't want Sam Durdin, not fussed with Turner if its at our second pick.

I'm not sure if it just me being a bit grumpy, but it feels like we have such a culture of entitlement with our players.

Over the years we have had a clear hierarchy. Experienced players are at the top and get rewarded as such - even if they are B grade level talent. Young players, no matter how good, have to wait for their rewards. They should feel privileged to be included in anything we do.

As the experienced players get to the end, are they grateful and do they put the club first? Nope. It's still me, me, me.

Tex has been Captain of the club. He's had a great career and as a former Captain of the biggest club in town, he will have plenty of opportunities post footy. He should be more than happy to go with one year deals. He should be happy to let the club make the call. Instead we get this BS played out in the media? Another club is offering him a deal? Quick better give him a 2 year deal! It's actually sickening.

If Tex and his management aren't behind this (I hope they aren't because it's such a selfish move and would really put me off Tex), then he should come out and put it to bed. He should declare that it's in everyones best interests to look at 1 year deals and to discuss at the end of the year. End of story. Trying to twist the arm of the club that has looked after you so much is just grubby.

This is Pear level drivel

waiting GIF by NHL on NBC Sports

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back