List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
that’s probably the editor as opposed to giving himself that label

I’ve seen all AFL reporters referred to as gun reporters the last few days. Either it’s the editor or a direction from the afl website.

Either way it’s bizarre that whoever is responsible can’t see it makes afl.com all look like massive flogs.

Interesting that most of the mids for this years draft are under 185cm’s.
Seems like with the addition of Erasmus, Johnson and Brodie we can now concentrate on other areas of need.
A good time to not have a top ten pick, and we have the size, height to compete
with the competitions best Bulls.

Interesting that most of the mids for this years draft are under 185cm’s.
Seems like with the addition of Erasmus, Johnson and Brodie we can now concentrate on other areas of need.
A good time to not have a top ten pick, and we have the size, height to compete
with the competitions best Bulls.
Where are we getting our top ten pick from? Packaging next year’s first with our 18?

I wonder how the shape of our trade period might change.

Typically we have had a required best 22 player wanting to leave, often involving a large salary increase at their destination club.

That has often been paired with us bringing in a talented but damaged player wanting to come home.

Now we are looking likely to be flush with talent, beyond the best 22, and it is even debatable what our best 22 is.

We also have stacked our backline and have some very good players who are AFL quality, but may struggle for opportunities.

If I was Adelaide for example I would be coming for Cox and Crowden.

If I was WC I would be very interested in Hughes and Hamling.

Lobb has advertised his trade availability and Lloyd is also likely to be looked at.

Most of those guys aren't best 22 locks.

I wonder how the shape of our trade period might change.

Typically we have had a required best 22 player wanting to leave, often involving a large salary increase at their destination club.

That has often been paired with us bringing in a talented but damaged player wanting to come home.

Now we are looking likely to be flush with talent, beyond the best 22, and it is even debatable what our best 22 is.

We also have stacked our backline and have some very good players who are AFL quality, but may struggle for opportunities.

If I was Adelaide for example I would be coming for Cox and Crowden.

If I was WC I would be very interested in Hughes and Hamling.

Lobb has advertised his trade availability and Lloyd is also likely to be looked at.

Most of those guys aren't best 22 locks.

Hughes signed a 3 year extention at the start of last year and Cox signed a 2 year extention a couple months ago, wouldn't expect either entertaining a trade so soon after signing until 2024. Meek also just signed a deal until 2023 knowing he'd be second to darcy. Crowden is an interesting one though because I think he's a great inside mid but just doesn't really get the opportunity here with brayshaw, serong, fyfe.

Hughes signed a 3 year extention at the start of last year and Cox signed a 2 year extention a couple months ago, wouldn't expect either entertaining a trade so soon after signing until 2024. Meek also just signed a deal until 2023 knowing he'd be second to darcy. Crowden is an interesting one though because I think he's a great inside mid but just doesn't really get the opportunity here with brayshaw, serong, fyfe.
I know all that, but Cerra and Langdon are almost the only un-contracted players we've traded.

I'm also not throwing them up for trade, but if good players end up not getting opportunities it can happen (Clark and Brodie both contracted when traded).

I know all that, but Cerra and Langdon are almost the only un-contracted players we've traded.

I'm also not throwing them up for trade, but if good players end up not getting opportunities it can happen (Clark and Brodie both contracted when traded).

Not so much focus on them being in contract, but more so the fact that they all signed only a few months ago. Anticipating more moves at the end of 2023 rather than end of this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Despite rumours thrown around here, my understanding from a family member is that Jackson isn’t looking to come home.

McDonald could well be a different story. Pre-season draft is a legit strategy but is very rarely used. Jack Martin and Kurt Tippet aside it is basically a non event over the past two decades.

There is no way on earth West Coast could try and manufacture trades for both McDonald and Jackson. The trades (both of them individually) would require more than the trades for Tim Kelly, Jesse Hogan, Jeremy Cameron, Lachie Neale and Adam Cerra (ie a top 10 pick and a later first round pick). I have no idea where West Coast would be able to get about 3 first round picks and some seconds to manufacture the trades. Everyone knows they (openly suggested by their recruiting staff) that they need to hit the draft.

Tim English is their man and won’t cost them too much and they can do the trade and keep their early pick.

We should have a good crack at Logan McDonald. Gus Brayshaw as a Free Agent is another one Id have a good crack at as well.

Despite rumours thrown around here, my understanding from a family member is that Jackson isn’t looking to come home.

McDonald could well be a different story. Pre-season draft is a legit strategy but is very rarely used. Jack Martin and Kurt Tippet aside it is basically a non event over the past two decades.

There is no way on earth West Coast could try and manufacture trades for both McDonald and Jackson. The trades (both of them individually) would require more than the trades for Tim Kelly, Jesse Hogan, Jeremy Cameron, Lachie Neale and Adam Cerra (ie a top 10 pick and a later first round pick). I have no idea where West Coast would be able to get about 3 first round picks and some seconds to manufacture the trades. Everyone knows they (openly suggested by their recruiting staff) that they need to hit the draft.

Tim English is their man and won’t cost them too much and they can do the trade and keep their early pick.

We should have a good crack at Logan McDonald. Gus Brayshaw as a Free Agent is another one Id have a good crack at as well.

We are already agonizing over who to leave out of our side, given a full list to choose from.
Who would we drop from a premiership outfit to make way for McDonald ?
The rebuild is complete. It’s just future proofing next couple of drafts.

We are already agonizing over who to leave out of our side, given a full list to choose from.
Who would we drop from a premiership outfit to make way for McDonald ?
The rebuild is complete. It’s just future proofing next couple of drafts.
I'd imagine it'd be replacing Lobb who is almost certainly leaving at some point the next two years

I'd imagine it'd replacing Lobb who is almost certainly leaving at some point the next two years

Of course Mundy needs to be replaced but we have the talent already for those two.
We have been debating Meek and The new recruits from this years draft.
We won’t be doing heavy trading to gain players.

Of course Mundy needs to be replaced but we have the talent already for those two.
We have been debating Meek and The new recruits from this years draft.
We won’t be doing heavy trading to gain players.
I'm a big believer you need to trade and draft to succeed but I know plenty on here basically just want to draft, and given our trading history (league worst IMO) I cant blame them. As you said before, I think we have everything, as we should after 7 years, we can afford to use draft capital on established talent and I drool at the idea of Darcy/Jackson being 50/50 ruck and forward each, it could be ****ing awesome

Further to my comment above I’ve just noticed this article pop up on the West Australian.

Further to my comment above I’ve just noticed this article pop up on the West Australian.

Without reading it because of the paywall, I assume it's like a 6 or 7 year deal at A LOT of money. I was told that offer has been on the table for a while and he's not keen on signing it and very much wants to come back. But as always, that doesnt mean what I've been told is true.

If we didn't have Darcy then I'd be all in on Jackson

As it stand I do want him but selling the farm isn't the go, Are these two supposed to split being the ruckman for 10 years 50/50? I feel as though one of them will get disgruntled and leave, I'd hate to force Darcy out

If we didn't have Darcy then I'd be all in on Jackson

As it stand I do want him but selling the farm isn't the go, Are these two supposed to split being the ruckman for 10 years 50/50? I feel as though one of them will get disgruntled and leave, I'd hate to force Darcy out
Jackson plays like a midfielder with the size of a ruckman. That type of player is invaluable and would automatically make our team better. The combo of Darcy/Jackson would be a historical duo. We don't need to sell the farm. We have Meek and Lobb as trade capital along with this years and next years first.

Jackson plays like a midfielder with the size of a ruckman. That type of player is invaluable and would automatically make our team better. The combo of Darcy/Jackson would be a historical duo. We don't need to sell the farm. We have Meek and Lobb as trade capital along with this years and next years first.
I know what he plays like, he would be our ruckman though, then what do you do with Darcy?

As much as people think he is decent forward, in reality he has very little forward craft, he is a much better ruck, we would be stuck with 2 first rucks

I absolutely think we would have to sell the farm to get him, Dees won't let him go cheap and WCE will bump our offer up significantly, Jackson is the perfect replacement for NicNat, he trends as what NicNat should have been if he had a footy brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back