Preview 2022 Rd 17 Carlton vs West Coast Sunday July 10 @ 4:40PM - Team Post #655

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd be resting Durdin for Owies.

In the second half, Corey managed 2 disposals and 1 tackle.

That's simply not good enough. Might be time to let him freshen up a bit.

Let Honey have another run and then swap him with Durdin in a fortnight if required.

Let Honey have another run and then swap him with Durdin in a fortnight if required.

His tracking numbers would be interesting viewing. Looks to be struggling a bit.

Might need a week off...

His tracking numbers would be interesting viewing. Looks to be struggling a bit.

Might need a week off...
Certainly would be.

Don't know how accurate the AFL's pressure acts are but they had him down at 20 (between the green and orange).

Not making enough impact for me.

Not sure why people are calling for dropping
  • Motlop - (3 goals) a small forward that can hit the scoreboard is exactly what we have been screaming out for, since young Betts, Garlett & Yarran...
  • Kemp - Played on resting ruckman giving 10+ cms in height... He conceded less goals than Plowman who played on the smaller 188cm Membry...
Not sure either will be dropped this week...
Agree. No need to drop either of them.

Fair call. He's only a second year player so it would he understandable he might be struggling physically...played basically every game this year so far and his defensive sprint efforts are impressive.

With Owies and even Martin available we finally have options.

• Motlop - (3 goals) a small forward that can hit the scoreboard is exactly what we have been screaming out for, since young Betts, Garlett & Yarran...
  • Kemp - Played on resting ruckman giving 10+ cms in height... He conceded less goals than Plowman who played on the smaller 188cm Membry...

Exactly- I’d be more confident of Kemp halving a one-on-one contest than Plowman.

:thumbsu:

With Weitering back, Kemp will be dropped before Plow.

Plow didn't have a great game but has runs on the board.

If you watch Membreys goals, Plow wasn't really at fault for them in terms of being directly outmarked. In fact, one was directly against Kemp who panicked and gave away a free in the 4th quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you watch Membreys goals, Plow wasn't really at fault for them in terms of being directly outmarked. In fact, one was directly against Kemp who panicked and gave away a free in the 4th quarter.

Yeah spot on. People also forget about the hand off, so the "he played on that player" is rare for the backline as a collective

I get that Kemp played undersized, but no excuse for the likes of Ryder to get a 5-10 metre start/gap, when the opposition are about to enter the defensive 50

Although, with Weitering returning, I would keep both Kemp and Plow against WC this week, given their likely forwards

Last edited:

Are people blaming Plowman for Membrey's goals? He wasn't opposed to Plowman in any of them.

2 were from turnovers, one was a free kick against Kemp in a marking contest and the other was vs Newman in the goal square.

I was at Marvel on Friday night. I have been trying to moderate by emotional reactions after a disappointing loss.
Especially, knowing a win was there for the taking, but for sloppy kicking for goals and stupid turnovers in defence.
Post game, I tried to remain philosophical and reflective.
My wife (a Psychologist) keeps reminding me, it's just a game.

But fair dinkum, if we lose to West Coast! ................I will lose my SH*T :mad:

I was at Marvel on Friday night. I have been trying to moderate by emotional reactions after a disappointing loss.
Especially, knowing a win was there for the taking, but for sloppy kicking for goals and stupid turnovers in defence.

But fair dinkum, if we lose to West Coast! ................I will lose my SH*T :mad:
but its just another game

Too long.
I'd almost say two out of last three losses would certainly not have happened if he was out there.
No way we lose to Pies if he not injured and also believe we would have done Saints with him.
Possibly the other loss too, turned around.

Tell your wife to to take her advice to where the Sun does not shine and let it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back