Preview 2022 Rd 17 Carlton vs West Coast Sunday July 10 @ 4:40PM - Team Post #655

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changes:

Ins: Weiterbot, Owies and Stocker

Outs: Honey (stiff, but had a taste and has not absolutely grabbed his spot like Mots did Friday night), Kemp and Newnes. Newnes is stiff and whilst he gives his all, he’s not a half back and eagles have some good small forwards that Stocker is better equipped to play on. We really miss Boyd / Williams as outside of Saad none of our backs have good speed / agility and every forward line possesses this (ours included).

Cerra was massively down Friday night and just seemed a bit off the pace, personal opinion is that he plays the bigger grounds better and I think this week will suit his style of play.

Blues by 20.

Remember when Setanta would get it in front of goal and then enter another dimension before kicking a point?
I remember the 2011 elimination final against Essendon and after the bombers had kicked the first 3 goals of the game Setanta marked in the goal square in a pack decided to play on and almost got smothered..but it went through. Could have been costly, I remembered at the time.

Richmond’s best team fields an average (not great nor poor) midfield. No martin, Prestia, Cotchin and it can only be described as ‘poor’. As a result they got murdered in the clearances 45:31 yet still won comfortably. I thought WC pressure around the ground was poor and their fitness off. We need to play confident football to our game plan and I think we will win comfortably.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Irrelevant conversation.
The simple fact is Cerra needs to start earning his money.
IMO - he lacks intensity, doesn’t run defensively and isn’t displaying the clean skills we expected.
Cerra is considered the best defensive runner on the team. Mentioned numerous times the last few weeks.

Have hit a bit of a wall in our season with 2 wins from our last 5, for multiple reasons.
Going to be a challenging run home where we find out about our list and certain players.

Finals far from a guarantee.

Shows what a difference it makes whether you win or lose those tight games. Earlier in the season we found a way to win them all. Lately we have lost 3 from 3. Makes a big difference.

Have hit a bit of a wall in our season with 2 wins from our last 5, for multiple reasons.
Going to be a challenging run home where we find out about our list and certain players.

Finals far from a guarantee.

Our best shot is to win against the Eagles, Giants and Crows. Then take 1 game from Cats, Dees, Lions and Pies giving us a total of 14 wins.

If we lose 1 of the first 3 I mentioned, it becomes difficult to make the 8.

Shows what a difference it makes whether you win or lose those tight games. Earlier in the season we found a way to win them all. Lately we have lost 3 from 3. Makes a big difference.
Massive difference in 8pt swings, could of been 3 games ahead of Saints & 2 games ahead of Pies if we win and Suns don’t choke....

Our best shot is to win against the Eagles, Giants and Crows. Then take 1 game from Cats, Dees, Lions and Pies giving us a total of 14 wins.

If we lose 1 of the first 3 I mentioned, it becomes difficult to make the 8.
Don’t rule out us losing to Eagles, Giants and Crows but beating Cats, Lions, Demons & Pies....🤪😂

Massive difference in 8pt swings, could of been 3 games ahead of Saints & 2 games ahead of Pies if we win and Suns don’t choke....

Only ourselves to blame unfortunately

Collingwood, Richmond and Saints all immediately below us on the ladder and we lost to all 3 recently.

They, plus Sydney, are the main teams we are competing against to make the 8.

Win even just 1 of them and finals would be basically assured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back