Autopsy 2022 Rd 4 Listless Blues Smacked On the Gold Coast

Who played well for the Blues in Round 4 vs the Suns?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

McGovern & Pitto out over the last 2 weeks has taken away strengths that we relied upon to win footy matches

Pittos bullock works and Govs intercept ability have really added to our side, now the Cripps out we are an extremely weakened outfit

Next week is a really 50/50 at best

I’m so Disappointed in our fight today…we got bullied

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pitto a big loss, but you can’t rely on Gov to get through half a season, let alone a full season.

Terrible performance , probably only Saad and Doc were OK. Rest just didnt look interested.

Not sure how many we can drag out of the reserves but i think half a dozen will be lucky to see game time next week.

I said it last night (prior to expressing confidence before today’s game 🤣), but it is possible we haven’t beaten anyone decent yet.

Anyway, I think the old Arr0w saying about things rarely being as bad or as good as they seem holds here. We’ve got things to work on, and hopefully the players take the bit between the teeth and do it.

Just a real stinker today. Lack of a genuine ruck option absolutely killed us.

Would like to see some of the former walk up spots of Fisher, Martin, Plowman put under the microscope internally. They really need to offer more to the team especially when the "big" name players are not firing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pittonet Stocker Dow Philp Durdin
All should come in
I can someone tell me why we went into to season with only one recognised ruckman Pittonet on our list. Tdk is still raw and still a long way off been i top line ruckman
Surely there are some mature ruckman around we should be looking at to bring on to our list if we get injuries

Keep your chin up baggers...

While disappointing... We were never going to go undefeated...
We're a team that hasn't made the 8 for a long time and is still learning how to win...

Our lack of talls (Ruck), defensive zone (abysmal) and clearance (Ruck) is what cost us...

Make a few changes, get some players back and the only way is up...

Well, that was disappointing really.

We could have used OMac and McLovin back in the side. I don't know when Crippa went down with his hamstring, but we turned to shit about the same time.

For the muppets saying that Pitto is useless, we could have used his size today against Witts. TDK still isn't ready. He needs another 10kg on his frame to have any impact really.

As for the players attitudes, we were favourites going into the game and they watched the VFL side smash the Gold Coast reserves and that played more into their "walkover them" attitude. With a bit of luck, Voss will give them the bake of their lives in the room.

JSOS shone out with his never say die attitude. A few of ourother "better" players could learn that attitude as well.

The one good thing about the game is that we didn't let them score 100 against us like we would have done in past years.

Bad: we played like shit. Cripps

Good: My cousin played a ripper

Ugly: Surely that's Chol done

We were so bad last year we sacked our coach. 6 months ago if you said we’d be 3-1 I’d take it in a heartbeat.

Doesn’t, however, excuse the issues that have been apparent the last few weeks and were amplified today. Plenty to work on and plenty to work with. (I’d much rather best Port, anyways).

Williams, Kennedy, Martin All horrific games. What was that from Kennedy ?!!

Young, tdk, Walsh all very poor games.

We looked far more competitive every time jsos went into the ruck.

Never thought I’d say this, but god we miss McGovern.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Rd 4 Listless Blues Smacked On the Gold Coast

Back