Autopsy 2022 Rd 7 Blues down the Roos by 50

Who played well for the Blues in Round 7 vs North Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Because Jack Carroll last night was so fun, do we have anyone else who is a good chance to debut this year? Or was Jack the last of the likely debuts?
the truth is far from fun,they actually are deperate for genuine mid depth
Ed unusually has had injury issues
Kennedy can have issues
Carroll still young however has a strong body and workrate orientation,nous he fitted in to AFL with no issues
He will probably want to build further and look towards gaining a spot around the mids going forward
looks a really good draft pick for Carlton

Proven to be a good intercept mark over his career.

Looks good defending on the lead too, his weakness being the 1v1 strength wrestles.

I reckon if we had either Jones or Omac playing 2nd KPD, he'd do well playing the third tall interceptor role of Gov.
Young wasn't developed at Dogs as a full-time KPD, but as a mix of KPD-Ruck. We got him because we promised full-time KPD. Hi is only just over 23 and was probably expecting to develop behind another KPD who is still officially 'on our list'. Give him 12 months, he will be that player.

Big hits by Stock and Young loved it tough hard and fair and shook them both.

Youngs stand and deliver bump I felt through the tv … that was solid! Crushy likes this sort of thing a lot.

Need to start ‘resting’ some players gonna be a long year should be playing finals from here.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
We have had a list off already from covid and minor injuries
i guess if players pull up sore...thats it they are tired and will see that happening a bit
Voss looks to have this group wanting the navy blue.....
true story?
yes i think so 👈

Good to finally beat up on a team, even if they are dog****, we hardly ever to cruise to wins.

Cripps, Saad and McKay were unbelievably good. We are seriously lucky to have them and all three should be in the AA team.

Carroll was amazing on debut. Showed great composure and generally made good things happen.

Two of my whipping boys had their best games for the club (LOB and Plow). Both didn’t put a foot wrong.

Best part of the night was watching the physicality we played with. Young played extremely well and put that fake tough guy on his backside. Young played with dare and confidence I didn’t know he had.

The team responding to cheap shots from Larkey and JHF was also very pleasing.
I hope Norf suffer like we did in our terrible years. They used to sink the boot in as flat track bullies.

Eleni needs a spell. Pulled two frees out of no where to Norf right in front of goal in the second which brought them back into the game. Stole two marks off Harry. Paid random frees all over the park which didn’t make sense. Then to top it off blocked TDK out of the play and allowed Norf to take advantage for an easy goal, something I haven’t seen in 25 years of footy. This is a multi-billion dollar industry which can’t have rubbish umpiring affecting results.

Glad I'm not the only person who thinks this. We get way too cute and dare I say ahead of ourselves.

Everyone knows it was really a 70 pt. point win, just we didn't ice a few goals we should have in the last 2 quarters....

Is that being cute or a bit of mental maturity?

Certainly Crippa looked mightily pissed when he missed a couple in the 4th.

Bank the points and get to work on the Crows....

Saad was very good but Crippa gets the 3 chocolates.

HM to Jack Martin - looked very interested and will kick 4 or 5 sooner or later.

Hope our injured guys are ok - Stock, TDK....

Good overall team effort.

Last edited:
Young wasn't developed at Dogs as a full-time KPD, but as a mix of KPD-Ruck. We got him because we promised full-time KPD. Hi is only just over 23 and was probably expecting to develop behind another KPD who is still officially 'on our list'. Give him 12 months, he will be that player.

The sky's the limit for the lad.

Was very impressed by the hip and shoulder (wasn't a free kick) he delivered on that North player (escapes me who)....

Definitely starting to feel like he belongs.

That he can chop out in the ruck only adds to his value to the team with Pitto out long term.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which poster said in the pre game they'd take 20 and 1 from Jack Carroll? Bang that person.
I'll own up to that. Don't get many things right (or that close), so I'll happily take the plaudits for that one.

Was at the game with both the kids. Little fellow was off his chair seeing a 50 point margin which was so nice to see. Was singing the song out loud on the tram on the way home much to the amusement of the tram. However.....! BB your summary above was exactly how I felt walking away. One of those games that for mine prob threw up a few more questions than answers, however you take it and move on. Where did that structure and tempo of rnd 1 and 2 go? Carroll looked good and Young great progress.
Saw a quiet a few young'uns in the seats around us at the game. One particular lad was quite vocal.

Made me think it's a good time to be growing up a Carlton supporter. Hopefully will seeing a bit of success over the next decade without the (mostly) soul crushing mysery of the last two decades.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is THIS HEAVEN ?......... 5 and 2....... IT FEELS A BIT LIKE HEAVEN. ;) :)

Carroll , all been said. I dont give a toss who is coming back next week....HE STAYS!!

Saad as brave as he is quick and clever. BRAVO :clapping:

Crippa , Big H , Walshy, Dochers, Charlie Boy, Martin, Young .......Could go on and on.
A real team effort.

Yeah, yeah a game we were red hot favorites and this is what was expected but how good was it?
As my 15y/o son said to me.

"Dad this is the first game this year where we haven't been nervous" Too true. (minor anxiety at half time :straining:)

Gotta go 6 and 2 next week!!!!!

Last edited:
was very happy with the good win.

the way i see it we needed to win with a good margin and we did. roos were exposed for a complete annihilation but we arent that team yet. we still arent as slick with ball movement as we should be. we also dont make the best decisions at times.

but this year i feel its about getting that belief that we can be a top 8 side. as our best 22 stabilises we will play more cohesively and generate more scoring opportunities.

ive noticed some of our players are now starting to think a bit more before executing. looking for best option. really pleasing aspect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Rd 7 Blues down the Roos by 50

Back