Autopsy 2022 Round 19 Blues shaken but not stirred

Who played well for the Blues in Round 19 vs the Giants?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

no - it's not - none of that describes the stuff people have said about his game - you're coming from way too defensive a position - it's ok to disagree
Your opinion is I’m being way too defensive. My opinion is you and several others were way too critical.

Hyper critical. Backed by the fact both coaches gave him votes to place him in the top few very good players on the ground while you had him 22/22 for us. But it’s just their opinion too. They could also be wrong.

1st Quarter

what took you so long seinfeld GIF

2nd Quarter

Angry Hate GIF

3rd Quarter

Season 18 Episode 10 GIF by The Simpsons

4th Quarter

i'll take it tv land GIF by YoungerTV'll take it tv land GIF by YoungerTV
Disappointed there was no Sean Connery gif.

sometimes different people see different things - ie umpires - seems a waste of your time trying to disprove your own thoughts - you need to be prepping for your next track-watching expedition..........
I mean there’s plenty of time for my pre-season prep.

No mostly, mostly, I’ve actually been worried about Cripps quite a lot lately. I have not bagged him but he’s been ‘off’. I watched this game live, and then late at night when my partner is asleep I watch it again and try and enjoy it with less stress. Then at some point I wander in here and I was blown away by the negativity towards Cripps as I felt it was a return to form. No big deal. And so I watched it again, hoping to be correct YES. But not to be correct for the sake of it. Because I was hoping his form had improved. And I think it has. Not perfect I agree. I also agree he could have handballed more to space like he does at his best.
His two goal kicking rubbish efforts were disappointing. I don’t care about the dead few mins at the end.

So overall I was and am pleased with how he moved, his pressure, his defensive running, his ball getting, and I think he used it a lot better than stats and first views suggested.

That’s all. No big deal. I’ll leave it be. Frumpy thinks I need to get a life.

So I think I’ll jog off and watch the vfl replay.

Can anyone point out all the ‘tries too much and should have done somehting else’ moments? I recall ONE. I don’t count his missed shots on goal as ‘trying too much’ - he should have had all those shots. I remember him trying to break a tackle he shouldn’t have.

Has anyone catalogued all his crimes?
In the lead up to GWS last goal. A GWS player takes a mark at their defensive side of the centre square and Cripps jumps pasted him rather than standing the mark allowing GWS to go quick which lead to an uncontested mark 30m out from goal.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oh please let’s not glorify the past. Wayne Johnston wouldn’t deserve to carry Cripps’ bags to the ground. Crippa is a mile better than Ratts ever was. I loved Kouta and he had about 2 amazing years. FFS.
If I was glorifying the past, walsh would not be on the list.

Last edited:
100% BB. Traditions evolve. Heck, Easter was a pagan ritual, now....cats and hawks are locked in .

There is uniqueness AND tradition, Saad has unique traits on the peg, just as Christou found Kouta 60m away, and Val kicked it to the centre (I think?). And we celebrate Saad's elite traits, absolute weapon, through this ritual.

Compare it to Matty Watson as someone said who had a big kick and....(crickets)....eergh...or worse Josh Bootsma who, correct me if I'm wrong, we also started bestowing the woof on him when we were desperate, in the dark years.

“bestowing“ the woof is the problem.

Not sure our autopsy thread is coping very well with winning regularly.

Just how many pages do we need to discuss the "woof"?

add to that Plowman, Cotts, Setters and LOB had good enough games not to be dropped.....nothing else to really talk about is there? 🤣

Not sure our autopsy thread is coping very well with winning regularly.

Just how many pages do we need to discuss the "woof"?
Yeah... the barking at one another, with some baying for change, while others growl and howl, and with all the yip yap, when we can be roaring about prospect of playing finals again...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh please let’s not glorify the past. Wayne Johnston wouldn’t deserve to carry Cripps’ bags to the ground. Crippa is a mile better than Ratts ever was. I loved Kouta and he had about 2 amazing years. FFS.
You really need to put a grin smiley when your making a joke. It's a good joke I admit.

Seriously though The Dominator has few peers when it comes to grabbing a game and turning it both off his own boot and as a teamplayer that was highly skilled and ferocious, and took the hardest knocks for the team.

Not just Carlton people that think so either. It was the whole football world.

I mean there’s plenty of time for my pre-season prep.

No mostly, mostly, I’ve actually been worried about Cripps quite a lot lately. I have not bagged him but he’s been ‘off’. I watched this game live, and then late at night when my partner is asleep I watch it again and try and enjoy it with less stress. Then at some point I wander in here and I was blown away by the negativity towards Cripps as I felt it was a return to form. No big deal. And so I watched it again, hoping to be correct YES. But not to be correct for the sake of it. Because I was hoping his form had improved. And I think it has. Not perfect I agree. I also agree he could have handballed more to space like he does at his best.
His two goal kicking rubbish efforts were disappointing. I don’t care about the dead few mins at the end.

So overall I was and am pleased with how he moved, his pressure, his defensive running, his ball getting, and I think he used it a lot better than stats and first views suggested.

That’s all. No big deal. I’ll leave it be. Frumpy thinks I need to get a life.

So I think I’ll jog off and watch the vfl replay.
As someone else without a life when rewatching the replay, I don't think there were any cases of Cripps burning team mates.

In the 3rd he could have handballed backwards to LOB to take the kick inside 50 but chose to stream forward and kick with his left to a contest inside 50. Would have resulted in kicking inside 50 from 10-15m further back and been slower to get there.

In the 1st he hb to Cerra inside 50 who was tackled immediately. He should have just hacked it forward.

Sure some of his kicking wasn't great but I don't think there were necessarily better options. He just needed to executed better.

Happy for someone to point them out.

You really need to put a grin smiley when your making a joke. It's a good joke I admit.

Seriously though The Dominator has few peers when it comes to grabbing a game and turning it both off his own boot and as a teamplayer that was highly skilled and ferocious, and took the hardest knocks for the team.

Not just Carlton people that think so either. It was the whole football world.
Dom probably the best pure HFF in the club's history. Named there in team of the century, and no-one in the past 20 years would have ousted him. In fact, would be very few changes to the team from the past 20 years. Juddy prob gets a run, and in time, Walsh & Cripps would be in the running.

Crippa's kicking wasn't great, both on the eye and stats, 38.5% DE, but Walsh wasn't great either 42.9%, Cerra 50%

I guess this goes to having more composure, picking the right targets, when to kick or HB, still plenty to refine

T’was a strange old game. GWS still have a few midfield weapons and some of the pressure around the ball had us rushing and trying to do too much to quick.

Crippa needs to give first or second option and I’ve noticed Walsh getting done for HTB a few times recently, trying to take the tackler on and break lines.

Fisher did give us a different dynamic and Cerra did work his way into the game.

Hopefully with Pitto back it gives the mids a cleaner look in at centre bounces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T’was a strange old game. GWS still have a few midfield weapons and some of the pressure around the ball had us rushing and trying to do too much to quick.

Crippa needs to give first or second option and I’ve noticed Walsh getting done for HTB a few times recently, trying to take the tackler on and break lines.

Fisher did give us a different dynamic and Cerra did work his way into the game.

Hopefully with Pitto back it gives the mids a cleaner look in at centre bounces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walsh quite often burns a teammate and will do a u-turn/kick around the body to a contest. Needs to give the handball to the teammate who has better vision and time to hit a target.

There was a perfect example in the 1st qtr when he burnt LOB who would have been on his left with plenty of time. Walsh kicked around his body to a contest. LOB just looked at walsh with arms out and said something, presumably 'wtf mate, handball' and fair enough i reckon

It is interesting the Saad is finally getting the credit he is due in the media even if it is about 15 weeks too late.

Kano has him as the best hbf in the league. Knows his football that Kano :)

Big reason why i hate footy media - saad has a great game, now he is the best hbf in the league but hadnt really been mentioned until now....prety shit reporting isnt it....

If he had an ok game, he wouldnt even be mentioned this week as being in the top 3 hbfs

they just talk shit with a short memory, gold fish like.

If someone is doing an AA team weekly, then that has more weight than someone doing it at the end of the year

Yeah... the barking at one another, with some baying for change, while others growl and howl, and with all the yip yap, when we can be roaring about prospect of playing finals again...
Or the "how can we fit Dow into a winning team by moving eight other players to secondary positions?"

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I really don't think he was great.
He went at 55%, but his possessions were 10 contested to 23 uncontested.
He got his goal from a 50mp, burned 2 other shots, and all his other possessions contributed to a total of 3 scores. He had 7 clangers.

I thought Setterfield was much better.
Was massive at the start of the last term. Had about 6
Big reason why i hate footy media - saad has a great game, now he is the best hbf in the league but hadnt really been mentioned until now....prety s**t reporting isnt it....

If he had an ok game, he wouldnt even be mentioned this week as being in the top 3 hbfs

they just talk s**t with a short memory, gold fish like.

If someone is doing an AA team weekly, then that has more weight than someone doing it at the end of the year

Was the same with Blicavs and Daicos last week. Were supposedly locks for the AA team after playing good games. Neither should be anywhere near it.

Big reason why i hate footy media - saad has a great game, now he is the best hbf in the league but hadnt really been mentioned until now....prety s**t reporting isnt it....

they just talk s**t with a short memory, gold fish like.

Yep, Lloyd today named Saad at 2 for League HBFs saying "the last month Saad has been phenomenal".

Saad's West Coast and Geelong games might have been his 2 worst for the year, but he was fantastic against the Giants.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Round 19 Blues shaken but not stirred

Back