Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He wasn’t nearly as accurate from out deep but could still kick 50. Just not a Walker style kick

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah I remember Modra covering the distance from 50 pretty easily. Had a nice flat kick. It's just that he did most of his work close to goal as was his leading/marking style.

I think a player needs to give some evidence that he's the best in the country.

Not hint at upside - but show genuine evidence that he's the best of his peers.

There is no world where Phillipou has shown that he's the number one footballer in the country.

I don't think Phillipou was universally the best SA prospect coming Into this year, and due to injuries you could even argue that he's actually had a up and down year. There seems more evidence of that than him being the absolute best.
There is always division on who is the best, Daicos is currently (and previously) widely regarded as the best last year, but Sam Darcy was taken pick 2. Not to mention JHF.

I'm not disagreeing that it's a big call, but it's not delusional, he's just backing himself. He didn't get the chance to play NAB league, so he couldn't provide the evidence.

Don't know that I agree with this "best player in the state over the last 2 year's" performance wise. Teammate Adam D'Alioa probably holds that mantle just ahead of Kobe Ryan. With Phillipou it's more about what he can become in time if he fullfilled his undoubted potential and that's why he's rated so highly by the scribes and seemingly the recruiters.
Fair call, but Phillipou has played some blinder games the past 2 years, and looks to be streets ahead of D'Alioa currently. Ryan didn't even get to the national combine which is unfortunate but the small to medium sized mid is one of the most common spots for a skilled footballer to play.

While I defer to everyone's recollections (his career doesn't overlap with a high level of interest in football on my part), he kicked 18 goals in his entire career, can't have been a regular occurrence.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Always disappointed he didn't go on and become the player he showed glimpses of. I watched a Showdown with a port mate and he laughed when we lined up with Marsh at CHB on Tredders( think it was tredders anyways) and my mate laughed and said Tredders would be kicking 12 on Marsh and Benny towled him up big time. Still remember him side stepping an opponent in the first quarter, then took 3 bounces down the wing and hit up our forward about 30 out...was sensational...and my mate had shut up by then.

Roosters sign Jesse White. No word on whether pick 19 coming too.

There is always division on who is the best, Daicos is currently (and previously) widely regarded as the best last year, but Sam Darcy was taken pick 2. Not to mention JHF.

I'm not disagreeing that it's a big call, but it's not delusional, he's just backing himself. He didn't get the chance to play NAB league, so he couldn't provide the evidence.

It’s absolutely delusional.

If Tyler Welsh keeps tracking the way he is, we may want to use our 2024 1st next year. We could have a flurry of food picks to use to recruit pending North’s 2nd rounder too.
Food picks?

Don't mind pizza, butter chicken, sushi, Thai red Curry, fried rice, parmi, shepherds pie, bangers and mash, Reuben toastie, Banh Mi, Calamari

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Tyler Welsh keeps tracking the way he is, we may want to use our 2024 1st next year. We could have a flurry of food picks to use to recruit pending North’s 2nd rounder too.
As Collingwood showed, if you're a team with a chance to be crap, it's prolly better to wait and see what that pick is before you trade it out. Very good chance 2024 will still be top 10 and could be used before a bid comes.

As Collingwood showed, if you're a team with a chance to be crap, it's prolly better to wait and see what that pick is before you trade it out. Very good chance 2024 will still be top 10 and could be used before a bid comes.
Geez.. if we are still tracking towards a bottom 5 finish in 2024..

we’ve got bigger problems than worrying about where our 2024 pick ends up..

that’ll be 5 years of bottom 5 finishes in a row and 7 without a finals appearance… that’s Carlton levels of shit. and the entire club will need to be nuked and rebuilt from the bottom up… players, coaches, management, CEO, board members.. all tossed out.

that’ll be 5 years of bottom 5 finishes in a row and 7 without a finals appearance… that’s Carlton levels of s**t. and the entire club will need to be nuked and rebuilt from the bottom up… players, coaches, management, CEO, board members.. all tossed out.
Even the 5 years of top 5 picks just about to hit their prime?

that’ll be 5 years of bottom 5 finishes in a row and 7 without a finals appearance… that’s Carlton levels of s**t. and the entire club will need to be nuked and rebuilt from the bottom up… players, coaches, management, CEO, board members.. all tossed out.
if we cant finish ahead of north wc hawks gws essendon GC you right we got real issues

given 23 games, 11 wins is the pass mark for me - I know many will laugh

Just heard Roo say that the AFC have someone joining the club in an off field role. Announced today around 1030.

Fingers crossed Balme. Have been waiting all off-season for the rumour to start again - hopefully he just wanted to sell his book to the Tiger fans before changing allegiances!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back