Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah yes, self-belief. We can’t have any of that invading the 4 walls of mediocreville. Keep drafting the Chayce Jones’ and Fischer McAsey’s of the world who know and accept they’re s**t.
I think a kid who had a good but not great year thinking he's already shown enough to be the number one pick in the country is a BIT concerning.

Self belief is great. This is a bit delusional though.

Is there any harm in saying the same common sense stuff that draftees normally say?

You're quite the optimistic if you think Ned still has the possibility of breaking out. I'm a believer in 2nd year blues and improvement isn't always linear but Ned hasn't shown any glimpses or upside to build off to begin with. He's an absolute headless chook. I think his perceived pressure is grossly overrated too.

Would much rather sift through the delisted pile for the hopes of another Keays, Hinge type player than waste more time on those two. Shows how bad we're struggling for depth with these blokes making the cut.
IMG_0703.JPG
Ned's perceived forward line pressure.

Can't believe an AFL footballer can't kick over 30 metres when plenty of parkland guys roost it over 50.
Modra and Betts had 40m limits I guess but had a few other special traits that got them through but.
Modra a 40 metre limit?

He wasn’t nearly as accurate from out deep but could still kick 50. Just not a Walker style kick

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Robran on the other hand could cover Tex like distance.

Robran kicked a couple of absolute monsters from well outside 50 in the 98 prelim. And it's not like they just scraped over the line, either.

You should have tried to do the old pack kick to kick with him on the front oval at school - especially being a few years younger and much smaller at the time. Lets say he was hard to beat to the mark and boy could he roost a ball

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think a kid who had a good but not great year thinking he's already shown enough to be the number one pick in the country is a BIT concerning.

Self belief is great. This is a bit delusional though.

Is there any harm in saying the same common sense stuff that draftees normally say?

It's not delusional.

He's played for the past couple of years and been the best player in the whole state.

He's 7 months younger than the consensus best, Ashcroft.

He played injured in the Nationals so didn't get to prove himself completely, but picked up 10 touches in the first quarter against Vic Metro.

He's playing in the midfield and is 192cm. He gets heaps of possessions and kicks heaps of goals in games. He a prototype of the most fashionable and possibly dangerous position in modern football.

Why wouldn't he be confident? How many times does a player outside the top 5 end up being best in class? Half the time? How many times is it not the number 1 pick? 80% of the time?

He's touted to be top ten in the country this year, so he's statistically a very strong chance of being best in class.

So delusional to you is the difference from top ten to number 1, a difference of 10 spots. Even though he's better than 150,000 other boys his age....

It's not delusional.

He's played for the past couple of years and been the best player in the whole state.

He played injured in the Nationals so didn't get to prove himself completely, but picked up 10 touches in the first quarter against Vic Metro.

He's playing in the midfield and is 192cm. He gets heaps of possessions and kicks heaps of goals in games. He a prototype of the most fashionable and possibly dangerous position in modern football.

Why wouldn't he be confident? How many times does a player outside the top 5 end up being best in class? Half the time? How many times is it not the number 1 pick? 80% of the time?

He's touted to be top ten in the country this year, so he's statistically a very strong chance of being best in class.

So delusional to you is the difference from top ten to number 1, a difference of 10 spots. Even though he's better than 150,000 other boys his age....
Don't know that I agree with this "best player in the state over the last 2 year's" performance wise. Teammate Adam D'Alioa probably holds that mantle just ahead of Kobe Ryan. With Phillipou it's more about what he can become in time if he fullfilled his undoubted potential and that's why he's rated so highly by the scribes and seemingly the recruiters.

It's not delusional.

I think a player needs to give some evidence that he's the best in the country.

Not hint at upside - but show genuine evidence that he's the best of his peers.

There is no world where Phillipou has shown that he's the number one footballer in the country.

I don't think Phillipou was universally the best SA prospect coming Into this year, and due to injuries you could even argue that he's actually had a up and down year. There seems more evidence of that than him being the absolute best.

Last edited:
He was also wearing a chefs hat and holding a balfours pie.
I'm sure its all above board
computer-delete-emails.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back