Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

lol. There is no argument, so I’ve missed nothing. We paid him out because we had no choice, no legal, enforceable alternative

Our “standards” had no contractual basis so we had to pay him. That’s how much his incidents were worth

WTF

I thought the debate was over his level of Talent and how he wouldn't have been payed out if we thought he was more talented?
It's over why we got rid of him.

I'd say that differs from How we got rid of him or what others would have done in the same scenario.

Is there any examples of ok to s**t players surviving multiple misdemeanors?
It’s pretty clear as sanders has said we thought his bad outweighed his good, (as did I)
I know I misjudged his talent.

I just don't think he ever wanted to play for us.

I thought the debate was over his level of Talent and how he wouldn't have been payed out if we thought he was more talented?
It's over why we got rid of him.

I'd say that differs from How we got rid of him or what others would have done in the same scenario.

No. If he had more talent we’d not have discarded him

Our reasons for discarding were so flimsy we couldn’t even nullify his contract

And both had high values from other teams. They weren’t damaged goods

Ok that seems to be the consensus. I trust you blokes have a better recollection and I admit my memory isnt anywhere near as good on such matters as the rest of you fanatics.

Why am I thinking both players had had off-field incidents prior to being let go? Am I 100% making things up in my own head again?

Disagree .....another year of maturity into Stengle "may" have changed the outcomes .....a sliding doors moment

That said, given the prevailing circumstances ....I was in favour of the club cutting Stengle loose

That year was spent with a massive amount of help on and off field from Woodville West Torrens.
Geelong then provided the structure at AFL level to further develop him and benefit.
Funny how Whately, Derwayne and Danger seem to have lost a year and credit the Cats with a miraculous turn around.
Either way we certainly lost a gun small forward .

Sure, but did it around our Club is what I'm asking?

Not in Crouch’s case. He was a free agent, and he wanted out. We were happy to wish him well for the high draft compensation we anticipated - and that was before his incident

Vince. Maybe? He was down on form, and he was going to return a decent value.

We definitely misjudged and undervalued Vince who was fantastic for Melbourne. Perhaps his partying led us to his misjudge him?

Never heard that before. Wouldn’t have thought they had the resources for that?
Nah it"s been well documented in the media. There's plenty out there from both WWT and Betts on the role WWT played outside of just football...I e. employing him during the week etc

Not in Crouch’s case. He was a free agent, and he wanted out. We were happy to wish him well for the high draft compensation we anticipated - and that was before his incident

We definitely misjudged and undervalued Vince who was fantastic for Melbourne. Perhaps his partying led us to his misjudge him?

I loved Vince and always felt he was kind of hung out to dry by our club considering his level of misdemeanour. Yet another player who I think copped the raw end of our "standards" and who I think we didn't get the best out of.

I don't know how anyone could have misjudged his on field abilty. It was plain as day.

I loved Vince and always felt he was kind of hung out to dry by our club considering his level of misdemeanour. Yet another player who I think copped the raw end of our "standards" and who I think we didn't get the best out of.

I don't know how anyone could have misjudged his on field abilty. It was plain as day.
My recollection is Vince's on field performance had taken a hit as well.
I actually think the kick up the ass Bernie got helped him career wise.

IMO the Crows didn't under value Vince .....it was simply IIRC the fact, after the Tippett Mess, the Club had to get back a Draft pick ....and of course to get a 2nd round pick, you have to give up a player of value .....plus, he was 28 YO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My recollection is Vince's on field performance had taken a hit as well.
I actually think the kick up the ass Bernie got helped him career wise.
He got dropped several times during his last few seasons here didn't he?

Another player who had gotten overly comfortable, as we are seeing with ROB now.

So SEN is reporting the Rumour of Channel 7 as fact ......talk about rumours feeding rumours, at this time of the year

Edit: now FoxFooty follows SEN ....who followed Ch 7

And supposedly we're into Aaron Francis too 🤣

CROWS EYEING POULTER

The Adelaide Crows are keen to lure Collingwood youngster Caleb Poulter back to South Australia, reports 7 News Adelaide.

The 19-year old is yet to be offered a new deal by the Magpies, having only managed one senior game in 2022 under Craig McRae.

Last edited:
Never heard that before. Wouldn’t have thought they had the resources for that?
Not all resources are based around paying people with degrees to ask “ how do you feel about that”
He was provided with employment , transport when needed as he had no license and most importantly a family club environment on and off field by Jade Sheedy especially.

He got dropped several times during his last few seasons here didn't he?

Another player who had gotten overly comfortable, as we are seeing with ROB now.

Yeah I do remember form slump now. He did go off the boil a bit before we traded him.

Really?

Caleb Poulter​

Height: 192cm
Weight: 79kg
D.O.B: 12-10-2002
Leagues: SANFL Reserves, SANFL Under 18s
Image Credit: Mark Brake/The Advertiser

POSITION:
Midfielder/Forward
DRAFT ANALYSIS: “Poulter is a prototypical tall midfielder with a good inside/outside mix, who is also capable of impacting up forward.” – Eli Duxson
Woodville-West Torrens and Henley High prospect, Caleb Poulter is most often utilised as midfielder who provides grunt on the inside, but also threatens to open games up with his skills on the outer. At 192cm and 79kg, he has shown he can be a formidable target either around the ground or in the forward line, which serves as another showing of his versatility. He also spent some time on the wing, further displaying his neat blend of inside and outside attributes. After steadily increasing his draft stocks since representing South Australia at Under 16 level in 2019, he burst into the 2020 season with an impressive 34 disposals, one goal, 10 tackles, seven clearances, seven marks, and six inside 50s in Round 1 of the SANFL Under 18s. Since then, he not only received opposition attention, but also caught the eye of recruiters en route to bolting into first round contention. His outstanding performance in the South Australian Under 18 All-Stars fixture only consolidated such status.
STRENGTHS:
  • Tackling
  • Penetrating kick
  • Presence/impact
  • Clean hands/disposal
  • Scoreboard impact
  • Overhead marking
  • Versatility
IMPROVEMENTS:
  • Four-quarter performance
  • Consistent execution by foot
Poulter has come on significantly over the last couple of years and has already shown large improvement from an impressive bottom-age season to now. He averaged 17.2 disposals, 3.4 tackles, 3.7 marks, 2.5 clearances, and 3.6 inside 50s from his 13 games at Under 18 level in 2019 and managed 11 goals. The 2020 season saw him play four games in the Reserves as a reward for his Under 18 performances, where he improved on his previous season to average 25.2 disposals, 4.7 tackles, 5.5 marks, 3.4 clearances, and 4.8 inside 50s from his 12 games.
Scoreboard accuracy, and consistently executing by foot are areas that Poulter could work on to ensure his presence up forward translates into greater scoreboard pressure. He managed to score in every Under 18 game bar one, but only managed 10.13, with five games of no goals and at least one behind a key factor. He is a lovely kick, but he tends to blaze away when within range of the goals. So, while he does the hard work in manufacturing an opportunity, conversion is still something that could increase his already big impact on games. His four-quarter consistency is not a glaring issue, but when he rotates between midfield and forward he can sometimes drift in and out of the game. In saying that, when he is on, he can turn a game on its head so if he can keep that level for longer periods, it is dangerous for an opposition team.
Poulter’s ability to damage on the inside and outside is indicative of his strengths. His tackling and clearance work allows him to get first hands on the ball, distribute it, or even go himself. His penetrating left boot is also a handy feature of his game as he has found himself linking his side between the arcs and sending them forward on many occasions. When forward, he is an awkward matchup as he is too tall for a small or medium defender, but not quite the focal point of an attack either. He is very strong overhead, credit to a sizeable vertical leap, and finds space quite easily on the lead, but is just damaging when the ball hits the ground.
Part of Poulter's terrific ability to accumulate is the various ways in which he can find the ball. He covers plenty of ground when utilised through the middle, able to float up and back to mark uncontested, or provide a target with his aerial prowess. Alternatively, he is incredibly clean with at ground level and so efficient in heavy traffic, able to win the ground balls and quickly release by hand to teammates in space. As an overall package, Poulter has an arsenal of weapons difficult to match and could be the next tall midfielder to take the game by storm once he hits the elite level.
DRAFT PROJECTION: 15-30
Poulter's rise has culminated in his standing as a first round candidate, especially after showing his class against the best his state has to offer in the All-Stars game. He has all the tools to become an ideal modern day midfielder; tall, athletic, balanced, high-impact, high-marking, and more. On top of that, he is the kind of player who will inevitably attract fans, with his style easy on the eye, flashy boots difficult to miss, and flowing mullet already a talking point. Should he slide into the second round given he remains somewhat of a prospective pick, he could well prove a steal at anywhere between picks 20-30.

https://central.rookieme.com/afl/advertise-with-us/
#19 Caleb Poulter
WWT Eagles/South Australia | Midfielder/Forward
12/10/2002 | 192cm | 79kg

One of this year’s brightest bolters, Poulter has rocketed up draft boards after an eye-catching start to his top-age season. The big-bodied midfielder brings a serious presence through midfield, able to win plenty of the ball himself while also hunting the opposition with tackling pressure. Add to his midfield craft the ability to take big marks overhead, hit the scoreboard with his penetrating left boot, and utilise his terrific athletic base, and you have a prospect who can wreak absolute havoc at his best. With some senior football also under his belt in 2020, Poulter has stood up and been noticed quickly. It has been a steep rise since his Under 16 carnival in South Australian colours last year.
September Ranking: #23

Just by reading this (and this alone), does he have the potential to be a “connector” player aka Lynch, Seedsman? We need another one of those type players IMO.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

The more points for Michalanney we can get, the better

We can go down the Poulter route if we don't think we'll bid on MM, who I can't see going before pick 30, but we don't have a whole lot of mid-to-late-draft bidding collateral, as it stands
I've watched Michalanney in a few games this year... is he worth bidding on? I've not been overly impressed I have to say.

I thought he wanted to stay?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back