VFL 2022 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

Bytel is doing pretty well and his tackling has been very strong, but he still seems a touch off his best to me. Always seem to take a fraction longer to do most things that he's been sharper with in the past. Clark, Byrnes and Owens ahead of him I reckon.

Clark is a few levels above all 3. Clear difference in class. Everything he does is so ****ing clean.

Campbell doing really well. It's great to have him for Sandy to protect the mids but also also Heath to rotate through but not need to do too much too early. Speaking of which, Heath has some serious tricks.

Disappointed with Connoly, hasn't been taking the game on enough. Bytel still like like he's going about 60%. Owens OK, not standing out. Byrnes has been very good.

Bytel is doing pretty well and his tackling has been very strong, but he still seems a touch off his best to me. Always seem to take a fraction longer to do most things that he's been sharper with in the past. Clark, Byrnes and Owens ahead of him I reckon.

I’d love to see a table of Byrnes VFL numbers. He’s been tearing it up at the level. As much as I want to see Owens you’d have to have Byrnes as first in line (excluding Clark who is obvious best 18)

I’d love to see a table of Byrnes VFL numbers. He’s been tearing it up at the level. As much as I want to see Owens you’d have to have Byrnes as first in line (excluding Clark who is obvious best 18)

Byrnes gets very little in the way of clearances and contested possessions in AFL.

Been quite a few times where Sandringham players have got in the way of each other for uncontested marking situations. Maybe one of those ones where players are a subconsciously keen to stand out rather than focusing on the team needs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure he doesn't rack up the VFL numbers like Bytel and Owens either. He plays more outside. He's having a good game though.

Byrnes? He's been one of our highest possession getter for weeks.

Michito: The Sequel. 😍

Very strong in the air for a midfielder… and his first couple of steps in traffic, while not “quick”, are just so very explosive…

Paddy Dow is tearing it up for the blues? Can't be a high standard...

Looking at the numbers and knowing what they bring to the team, Leinert and Byrnes are both auto inclusions for mine in the seniors.

Clark is best 18 but am very mindful of injecting players into the seniors that will slow down our run. Would it be a bad thing to build up his fitness base? and unleash him after the bye?

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2022 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

Back