List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep agree.
We have almost no coverage in the tall defender position at vfl orcafl level if injuries occur.
Happy to take an older tall in that position vs a kid; especially someone whos a close age to mckay and will mature at the same rate.

He would have been a perfect quick replacement with tarrant being out (of course not same skill level yet).

I would have tried to land both Lewis Young and Sam Weideman as the reward far out weighed the risk. Coupled with the loss of Tarrant and history of Combens injuries, they would have been good insurance as a worst case scenario. The fact that we have 6 small defenders that don’t stop small forwards from always dominating against us and 5 small forwards that don’t kick goals or tackle (until Curtis makes his debut), I think we could have atleast targeted a couple of ready made key position players?

They aren’t world beaters, but we need to build a strong squad where our kids have senior bodies around them even when playing VFL.

Lewis Young would have allowed Walker to be a depth player in the VFL and Weideman would have bought time for Comben and security in case Larkey was to get injured.

Can you imagine (I don’t want to say it) but if Larkey or McKay did an ACL?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I would have tried to land both Lewis Young and Sam Weideman as the reward far out weighed the risk. Coupled with the loss of Tarrant and history of Combens injuries, they would have been good insurance as a worst case scenario. The fact that we have 6 small defenders that don’t stop small forwards from always dominating against us and 5 small forwards that don’t kick goals or tackle (until Curtis makes his debut), I think we could have atleast targeted a couple of ready made key position players?

They aren’t world beaters, but we need to build a strong squad where our kids have senior bodies around them even when playing VFL.

Lewis Young would have allowed Walker to be a depth player in the VFL and Weideman would have bought time for Comben and security in case Larkey was to get injured.

Can you imagine (I don’t want to say it) but if Larkey or McKay did an ACL?

Our selling point would be "you'll be good insurance "?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Our selling point would be "you'll be good insurance "?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

The worst case scenario is they would become insurance for other first choice players (Larkey, McKay).

The best case scenario is they become first choice players for 5+ years, provide competition for spots, allow key position draftees time to develop before being thrown to the wolves etc.

The selling point is “we see you as a critical missing piece in the puzzle. You are not valued at your current team. Make this spot your own and be a part of future dynasty with the best under 21 midfield in the comp”.

Sam Weideman climbs the desk to sign and Nick Larkey breathes a sigh of relief that he only will have to play on 3 opponents instead of 4 and goes on to kick 112 goals for the year!

How did logue become David Dench?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would call Weideman down to the training track and get him to matchup on larkey for 20 mins and see what happens. I think he'd make a good CHB. His best season at melbourne was when he was given chance to play up the ground and build his confidence. It's the same thing Geelong did with Cam Mooney when he was struggling.

Gee wouldn’t have minded if we pushed for the pick swap with gold coast for will Broadie. The boy can play. Freo did well.
Can’t believe we wanted McPherson in the deal but weren’t interested as soon as they mentioned Brodie. McPherson currently playing in the VFL, Brodie currently averaging 27 disposals and 7 clearances per game. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Can’t believe we wanted McPherson in the deal but weren’t interested as soon as they mentioned Brodie. McPherson currently playing in the VFL, Brodie currently averaging 27 disposals and 7 clearances per game. 🤦🏼‍♂️
Yet got Greenwood...

Kidding yourself if you don't think Brodie would have had 15 and kicked 0.1 in Round 1 for us before being dropped to the VFL for Bonar, then suffering a niggling quad injury for 6 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back