List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to jinx this but just want to understand what the return rate on a player like Jason Horne-Francis might be if he decides to leave after his first 2 years. Any comparable trades?

(1) Fremantle traded its first three draft selections for Hawthorn's key forward Trent Croad, along with injury prone former East Fremantle junior Luke McPharlin. Two of those selections were used by Hawthorn to draft four time premiership players and club captains Luke Hodge (#1 selection) and Sam Mitchell (#36).

(2) The Dockers will receive pick six and a future third-round selection for Cerra, who was taken with pick 5 in the 2017 national draft and has played 76 games in four seasons.

Imagine the treatment JHF would get every game from every opposition team if he ran home to SA year 2 from a team in a rebuild.

I don't know how many times it needs to be pointed out that part of why he went pick 1 was his character. He was also desperate to go pick 1, normally (unless you're heading to Footscray) that is to the worst team in the league.

We are one Larkey injury away from playing a 1 gamer as our #1 forward.

We are one McKay injury from playing a bloke who's been delisted twice as our chief KPD.

They have absolutely torched our list. We turfed out experienced, key players, to the point they left on bad terms after years of great service, and didn't replace them with a remotely like for like replacement.

We are one McKay injury from playing a bloke who's been delisted twice as our chief KPD.

They have absolutely torched our list. We turfed out experienced, key players, to the point they left on bad terms after years of great service, and didn't replace them with a remotely like for like replacement.
This is what worries me re a priority pick.....AFL will say we caused the current damage our list is in.

Yep. It's inexcusable imo.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cut too deep. Without managing to find a way to collect extra pics to help rebuild.
That's where a guy like Goldy could have been useful. Too late now. Should have got more for Brown.
The lack of small forwards and tall defensive cover is damning.
If list managers couldn't see that relying on Walker was playing with fire, I'm not sure what they were watching.

North should genuinely consider trading their first round pick this year (assuming it's top 5~) for an established player.

I said it last year before we solidified the #1 pick and that meant JHF, but I would love NMFC to make a genuine push to bring Harry McKay over to North from Carlton to play with his twin Ben.

Harry up forward as our #1 KPF.
Ben down back as our #1 KPD.

Stuff dreams are made of.

North should genuinely consider trading their first round pick this year (assuming it's top 5~) for an established player.

I said it last year before we solidified the #1 pick and that meant JHF, but I would love NMFC to make a genuine push to bring Harry McKay over to North from Carlton to play with his twin Ben.

Definitely the stuff dreams are made of.
Give me one good reason why Harry would consider the switch?

Assuming its top 5? I guarantee its number one!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Priority for the next 3 years needs to be the backline. The back 6 we fielded today is the worst I can remember at AFL level. In a time where all the contending sides coaches are talking about the importance of their backlines and defending, it is very concerning in regards to our build.

If Luff thinks going into another season with Walker, Corr & McGuinness as KPD support to McKay, is a good idea, then he should be sacked on the spot.

It is not f*kn complicated. You aren’t improving without a good backline in the modern game.

End of the day, we have to trade players who have value to get additional picks, I love Zurharr but we have too many problems to keep him without taking something else critical away, outside of him if him I wonder who else would actually entertain value

We have to trade pick 1. I don’t care if it’s a gamble! We need key position players, not mids.
Wardlaw, the projected number one, meant to be an Oliver clone......You don’t pass that up.
I personally don’t think we’ve built a premiership midfield yet.
Agree also with our backline issues....think we’ve got maybe 2 defenders at the moment. The rest are either garbage or pretty suss.

I don't get the whole "you [internet pundit] didn't predict that [X player] would be a star, so you can't criticise our list management team" stuff. I really don't.

Besides the fact that a couple of posters here (not me) literally did predict Brodie's potential, it is not our job to predict these things. The good clubs do it - they see something in players that others don't.

You could easily say "no one could have predicted that Richard Tambling would be a dud and Franklin would be the best forward of his generation." You could just as easily say "no one could predict both Scully and Trengove would be flops."

The simple fact is the Gold Coast offered to pay us to take a bloke who has launched himself into the status of one of the best contested midfielders in the game. Our staff, paid to do this type of thing, did not see it. Fremantle's did. We had first dibs and said no.

You don't build a good football club out of identifying talent that any ol' forum commentator could see. We keep missing and we will not make it.

Last edited:
I don't get the whole "you [internet pundit] didn't predict that [X player] would be a star, so you can't criticise our list management team" stuff. I really don't.

Besides the fact that a couple of posters here (not me) literally did predict Brodie's potential, it is not our job to predict these things. The good clubs do it - they see something in players that others don't.

You could easily say "no one could have predicted that Richard Tambling would be a dud and Franklin would be the best forward of his generation." You could just as easily say "no one could predict both Scully and Trengove" would be flops.

The simple fact is the Gold Coast offered to pay us to take a bloke who has launched himself into the status of one of the best midfielders in the game. Our staff, paid to do this type of thing, did not see it. Fremantle's did. We had first dibs and said no.

You don't build a good football club out of identifying talent that any ol' forum commentator could see. We keep missing and we will not make it.
We didn't say no, I thought they offered us Darcy Macpherson, but forgot to ask him first.

We didn't say no, I thought they offered us Darcy Macpherson, but forgot to ask him first.
Someone earlier in the thread said that Brodie was offered as an alternative to Darcy. Freo ended up taking the salary dump deal that we had lined up before McPherson said no.

Last edited:
Cut too deep. Without managing to find a way to collect extra pics to help rebuild.
That's where a guy like Goldy could have been useful. Too late now. Should have got more for Brown.
The lack of small forwards and tall defensive cover is damning.
If list managers couldn't see that relying on Walker was playing with fire, I'm not sure what they were watching.
Supercoach scores.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back