List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
we can do a few things in the next couple of months

1. Retire lynch to open up a msd pick 1
2. Put polec on inactive list to open a second MSD pick
3. Fill the Remainder 2 cat b spots (tassie indigenous players or some Irish jet) on 6 month contracts if they show something extend it otherwise cull at years end
I've said this, but unless polec is injured and consents to being placed as inactive, it ain't happening. It's enshrined in the players eba

We may…SHOULD… be in a position to overpay some FAs for 2-4 years.

Throw 4 years at MCStay? I would. $$$

Massive go at Angus Brayshaw with promise of mid role? 100%

Kane lambert? Absolutely. $$$

Jayden short? Give him something to think about $$$ Hell yes.

Bailey dale? $$$

We have to attack based on what we can offer. Money and any role they want basically.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
pick 1 - Wardlaw
PP - project KPB
FS - Boomer Jnr
Goldy to Geelong
Zurhaar to Freo for Logue
McStay as FA and recruit as KPF to play the Waitey role in the forward line or swing him back and play the Howe role if needed.
Short as FA

That‘s on our club for not making him feel like this was his home. Swans outworked us. Standard.
His dad retired from NMFC when Nick was two years old.

He's lived in Sydney since he was six.

He'd barely have seen the old man in blue and white, compared to seeing him come home from work every night in a red polo.

Sydney is his home.

His dad retired from NMFC when Nick was two years old.

He's lived in Sydney since he was six.

He'd barely have seen the old man in blue and white, compared to seeing him come home from work every night in a red polo.

Sydney is his home.
Wouldn’t happen at another club with 200+ duel premiership player. We’ve had a disconnect from that duel premiership group I reckon. It’s a shit system anyway that Blakey was a swans academy player, not what the academy system is designed for.
The fact we have to watch the son of a duel premiership player run around for the flipping carried colas shits me to tears. Let alone the fact he is bloody good with the ball and is exactly what we require right now.
Anyway, tipping we will never agree on this, and that’s ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is pretty annoying.

“It’s more about the core players around 24-25 years old that aren’t coming on either. It’s not about the ones that have just been drafted.

“Why isn’t Jy Simpkin improving at the rate he should be? Why isn’t Luke Davies-Uniacke improving at the rate that he should be? Why has Nick Larkey gone backwards? He drops more marks than any player in the league right now.”

Okay so Larkey is marking poorly at the moment. That's obvious. But the rest of it is bollocks. For a start we have two players in the 24-25 year old group. Jy (24), who was putting up career best numbers before yesterday and Ben McKay (24) was good for keeping us 5-10 goals closer to the Cats yesterday.

That's it dick head!

LDU's had his best start to a season ever and Larkey is on track to record his highest goal tally in a season.

This is all factually wrong.

Sure we are shit, but these guys have no idea why.

Just looked at the player list online and worked out what a non-plodder, AFL ready 22 might look like.

B: Perez McKay Corr

HB: Hall ? McDonald

C: Stephenson Cunners Taylor

HF: Thomas Comben JHF

F: Curtis Larkey Zurhaar

R: Goldy LDU Simpkin

I/C: Powell, Phillips, Ford, ?

Contingent on the current development stages of players and assuming that everyone's healthy. Not saying that Xerri, for example, won't be able to reach a level of not being a plodder. It's just that right now he's a bit rubbish.

With those two question marks, I certainly think it's a bit of a damning indictment that we can't put out a 22 that doesn't contain someone who we'd consider a depth player on talent and output. We've targeted the midfield during the rebuild, but the biggest gaping hole is quite clearly that Josh Walker CHB spot. Is McGuinness our only hope for that spot at the moment? If so, we're in for a fair bit more pain to come. Hopefully we can target players of that ilk and keep building this team, cos I look at that lineup and I like most of what I see

This is pretty annoying.

“It’s more about the core players around 24-25 years old that aren’t coming on either. It’s not about the ones that have just been drafted.

“Why isn’t Jy Simpkin improving at the rate he should be? Why isn’t Luke Davies-Uniacke improving at the rate that he should be? Why has Nick Larkey gone backwards? He drops more marks than any player in the league right now.”

Okay so Larkey is marking poorly at the moment. That's obvious. But the rest of it is bollocks. For a start we have two players in the 24-25 year old group. Jy (24), who was putting up career best numbers before yesterday and Ben McKay (24) was good for keeping us 5-10 goals closer to the Cats yesterday.

That's it dick head!

LDU's had his best start to a season ever and Larkey is on track to record his highest goal tally in a season.

Jy's disposal numbers are down a bit on his career average, but his scoreboard impact and clearance numbers are career highs; it is true LDU has fallen back in some categories from his 2021 numbers, which were career highs, but plenty of time left in the season before declaring he's not making progress. One incident does not a season make, but I haven't seen LDU bend one on his non-preferred from 30 metres until Saturday

In any event, our clearance work (where Jy, TT, LDU and Greenwood are clearly doing the heavy lifting) isn't the problem - we rank +1.8 vs the opposition, might not be outstanding, but it's at the feet of a ruck with less than 20 games to his name, and better than most other stats

Jy's disposal numbers are down a bit on his career average, but his scoreboard impact and clearance numbers are career highs; it is true LDU has fallen back in some categories from his 2021 numbers, which were career highs, but plenty of time left in the season before declaring he's not making progress. One incident does not a season make, but I haven't seen LDU bend one on his non-preferred from 30 metres until Saturday

In any event, our clearance work (where Jy, TT, LDU and Greenwood are clearly doing the heavy lifting) isn't the problem - we rank +1.8 vs the opposition, might not be outstanding, but it's at the feet of a ruck with less than 20 games to his name, and better than most other stats
+JHF who would have to be close to leading clearances for us this year.

Just looked at the player list online and worked out what a non-plodder, AFL ready 22 might look like.

B: Perez McKay Corr

HB: Hall ? McDonald

C: Stephenson Cunners Taylor

HF: Thomas Comben JHF

F: Curtis Larkey Zurhaar

R: Goldy LDU Simpkin

I/C: Powell, Phillips, Ford, ?

Contingent on the current development stages of players and assuming that everyone's healthy. Not saying that Xerri, for example, won't be able to reach a level of not being a plodder. It's just that right now he's a bit rubbish.

With those two question marks, I certainly think it's a bit of a damning indictment that we can't put out a 22 that doesn't contain someone who we'd consider a depth player on talent and output. We've targeted the midfield during the rebuild, but the biggest gaping hole is quite clearly that Josh Walker CHB spot. Is McGuinness our only hope for that spot at the moment? If so, we're in for a fair bit more pain to come. Hopefully we can target players of that ilk and keep building this team, cos I look at that lineup and I like most of what I see
I agree, that side looks alright on paper. Maybe Anderson could slot into that side? I honestly believe we didn't realize how much we were going to miss Cunners. There is nobody on our list that is capable of doing what he does, consistently, at least at the moment. He is very good at bringing others into the game, IMO.

Priority for the next 3 years needs to be the backline. The back 6 we fielded today is the worst I can remember at AFL level. In a time where all the contending sides coaches are talking about the importance of their backlines and defending, it is very concerning in regards to our build.

If Luff thinks going into another season with Walker, Corr & McGuinness as KPD support to McKay, is a good idea, then he should be sacked on the spot.

It is not f*kn complicated. You aren’t improving without a good backline in the modern game.
Agree with this but the first thing we need to fix is our lazy mids that don't pressure the opposition or track back. The best defenders in the league can't stop midfielders that are running free and under zero pressure.

We were lucky when we had tarrant, thompson, and spud playing together. But the negative of those great defenders was it breed laziness in our midfielders. They felt they could handle it and wouldn't need help, so they didn't. And it still hasn't changed.

We definitely need a strong backline with a good system that covers for one another (not the crashing into one another and everyone going up trash we see now). Plus midfielders that will help.

Agree with this but the first thing we need to fix is our lazy mids that don't pressure the opposition or track back. The best defenders in the league can't stop midfielders that are running free and under zero pressure.

We were lucky when we had tarrant, thompson, and spud playing together. But the negative of those great defenders was it breed laziness in our midfielders. They felt they could handle it and wouldn't need help, so they didn't. And it still hasn't changed.

We definitely need a strong backline with a good system that covers for one another (not the crashing into one another and everyone going up trash we see now). Plus midfielders that will help.
Yet you’re happy with Jy?

There's a lot of space between wanting to get rid of him and not being happy with his output this season. Jy has too much potential to be offloaded
Well it’s a combination of players that have value and players who are not performing to that value.

One way running ✅
Poor disposal ✅
No impact ✅

This is pretty annoying.

That's it dick head!

To compare us to Carlton who have been rebuilding for 7 years longer is just stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back