Game Day 2022 Trade Period Match Thread

Have you installed a Rheem or felt the loving embrace of Continental Tyres safely guide your trip?

• Having a shower in my Rheem right now

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • No, what a stupid poll

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • YOU DONT KNOW ME

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • Luke Jackson

Votes: 65 53.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I f*cking hate Carlton. Their fans are so smug about what a steal he is. Nothing I want more than for him to spud it up again next year.
One of Voss's biggest failures this season was getting the most out of his lesser talents. Carlton were dragged to the 9th place by the upper tier players. I wouldn't be surprised if Acres does go backwards. Also the dude is low key injury prone and Carlton were hit hard by injuries this season.

Pick 7 should get to the giants for Bruhn you’d hope, but still, they’ll get him for nothing.

Maybe. Apparently there is a kid in the draft from that area they are super keen on and wanted the pick 7 so they could potentially get him.

What a joke.

Wouldn’t have had an issue if he went to a struggling club.

Pick 7 should get to the giants for Bruhn you’d hope, but still, they’ll get him for nothing.
Struggling clubs struggle because of their list management. We are/have been an example of that.

No way Bruhn is worth pick 7. Second round likely. Geelong will take a KPP with pick 7 maybe.

I’ll keep saying it two bit amateur corrupt comp the AFL is.
Animated GIF

When did Darcy become a ruck/forward?

For us to claim that he needs greater forward impact.

He's a ruck who rests forward, which is pretty common.
All well and good but doesn’t change the fact that he’s not worth more than the equivalent of pick 25. What he’s worth to us is irrelevant to the price someone else is willing to pay for him - the Doggies don’t care a jot about that.
Pick 15 would be more than what we paid for him as a 25 yo in 2018. We’d have a to give a future second back to them I reckon if we got 15.
I feel there will be some disappointed people here when the trade gets done.

That guy looks like parody account tbh
I thought that the other day but he’s on the inner bigtime. Has got a lot right early on so far this year.
Wouldnt be surprised if it’s Tom Morris on a burner account or someone with contacts anyway

All well and good but doesn’t change the fact that he’s not worth more than the equivalent of pick 25. What he’s worth to us is irrelevant to the price someone else is willing to pay for him - the Doggies don’t care a jot about that.
Pick 15 would be more than what we paid for him as a 25 yo in 2018. We’d have a to give a future second back to them I reckon if we got 15.
I feel there will be some disappointed people here when the trade gets done.
Sometimes you get more than what a player is worth, sometimes you get less. I suspect that is highly correlated to contract status.

Geelong are cheating the cap.
You should let the AFL know. I really have no power to do anything about it.

Also let Garlick know so that we can be more competitive.

Personally I think you are wrong and suspect they have put in place third party agreements for some players similar to Carlton, WC and others. They seem to be AFL approved. We really need to lift our game.

How is it so cut and dry that we would just take a F3 for Acres, he will play every game for Carlton next year if fit and a F3 is like putting down your last $10 chip on the roulette wheel.
How the * do they get bruhn, Henry, and pick 7. How do they have space for his 850k salary? I refuse to believe the absolute bs that their best players are only on 300k.
Are the Suns paying for half his $800k salary also as I thought the whole strength of the Cats was that they stick to a lot of players on the same money or are they " the Subiaco" of the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely sickening if Geelong get pick 7 and Bowes.
That basketcase of a club in GC is ****ing up this entire comp.
They think they are being smart, clearing cap space to keep some of their other players. It’s all part of some grand master plan to win a flag lol.
They are fcukin deluded. It obviously doesn’t occur to them that trading what’s effectively a PP to the premiers will allow them, a direct rival if they ever contend for a flag, to regenerate seamlessly.
Ironically if GC ever do make finals with their fake artificial culture, it’s probably a Cats side in never ending contention that will smash them out of finals ignominiously with the Pick 7 no doubt becoming a star.
By the end of this trade period, the premiers will have added:
Jack Bowes
Conor McKenna
Tanner Bruhn
Ollie Henry
Pick 7.

Whilst losing a few list cloggers like Ratugolea and Narkle.
Thanks Gold Coast 😡

Absolutely sickening if Geelong get pick 7 and Bowes.
That basketcase of a club in GC is ******* up this entire comp.
They think they are being smart, clearing cap space to keep some of their other players. It’s all part of some grand master plan to win a flag lol.
They are fcukin deluded. It obviously doesn’t occur to them that trading what’s effectively a PP to the premiers will allow them, a direct rival if they ever contend for a flag, to regenerate seamlessly.
Ironically if GC ever do make finals with their fake artificial culture, it’s probably a Cats side in never ending contention that will smash them out of finals ignominiously with the Pick 7 no doubt becoming a star.
By the end of this trade period, the premiers will have added:
Jack Bowes
Conor McKenna
Tanner Bruhn
Ollie Henry
Pick 7.

Whilst losing a few list cloggers like Ratugolea and Narkle.
Thanks Gold Coast 😡
What smells is that Gold Coast is cap stress and Geelong has room.

Agree, contract status gives you hand or no hand.

Logue we just take F2 and move on. Got a feeling it will be Logue and Tucker for F2. Nice to get a F3 for Tucker.

Acres is an interesting one. Blues don't want to trade pick 28 and most likely F2. They will offer F3 which is actually pretty useful pick. Only redeeming feature we might trade to Gold Coast for high third pick in 2022.

Lobb we have hand and pick 29 won't be enough. We and should do a Puttin.

Meek we have hand as well. Hawks won't deal pick 24. Maybe a F3 which we should reject. Got to be F2 or we don't deal.
You are correct on Lobb and Meek.

We will tell the Hawks 2nd round pick otherwise no deal. We can get a third or better next year and keep him on the list. He may in reality be an early third value but depends how much Hawks want him. I reckon you’re spot on F2 for Meek. That is also what Twomey was saying late last week.

Pick 11 way too high and pick 30 (it had dropped one pick already) is way too low.

Could be that we upgrade three picks.

Looks likely Carlton will get pick 48 (for Liam Jones). That and F3 being central to deal for Acres… ie 48 & F3 > Acres & F4. That rates Acres around pick 35 which is late second.

Then for Lobb trade

11, 30, 38 > 13, 48, Lobb (rates Lobb around pick 15). Lobb won’t be dealt as you say until Jackson is in the bag. Fair enough for Melbourne to wait for some of the picks to come through but they won’t see the Lobb picks unless the deals are done concurrently.

There should be absolutely no scenario where we trade out anymore than acres before we get the Jackson deal done. It'll end up being 5 guys out, melb will want all the picks we get for them, so we lose 5 guys and first round picks for one player.

You are correct on Lobb and Meek.

We will tell the Hawks 2nd round pick otherwise no deal. We can get a third or better next year and keep him on the list. He may in reality be an early third value but depends how much Hawks want him. I reckon you’re spot on F2 for Meek. That is also what Twomey was saying late last week.

Pick 11 way too high and pick 30 (it had dropped one pick already) is way too low.

Could be that we upgrade three picks.

Looks likely Carlton will get pick 48 (for Liam Jones). That and F3 being central to deal for Acres… ie 48 & F3 > Acres & F4. That rates Acres around pick 35 which is late second.

Then for Lobb trade

11, 30, 38 > 13, 48, Lobb (rates Lobb around pick 15). Lobb won’t be dealt as you say until Jackson is in the bag. Fair enough for Melbourne to wait for some of the picks to come through but they won’t see the Lobb picks unless the deals are done concurrently.
I don't disagree with your main point and the trades seem about right.

The point system is faulty and shouldn't be used. It underrates higher picks and overrates lower picks.

Look at the pick swaps and higher picks generally are 20-50% points.

What smells is that Gold Coast is cap stress and Geelong has room.

GC's grand retention plan has seemingly been to drastically overpay mid-tier players to make it almost impossible to say no...ala Griffin Logue.

They had to do something to stem the bleeding but the short sightedness is really going to keep smashing them in the face when their genuinely good players see that a guy like Jack Bowes is owed ~900k by the club.

Imagine being so spoiled for draft choices that having to pay a club with pick 7 to get a player off your books isn't an instant termination for your list manager.

GC's grand retention plan has seemingly been to drastically overpay mid-tier players to make it almost impossible to say no...ala Griffin Logue.

They had to do something to stem the bleeding but the short sightedness is really going to keep smashing them in the face when their genuinely good players see that a guy like Jack Bowes is owed ~900k by the club.

Imagine being so spoiled for draft choices that having to pay a club with pick 7 to get a player off your books isn't an instant termination for your list manager.
and imagine that strategy be talked about glowingly by journos etc, feels like i've lost my mind

Yep, I understand. Thought I would share anyway. Sadly I’ve been told not to expect too many surprises this trade period, but we all know things can pop up out of nowhere.
Okay, this has just taken me one step closer to melting. Bell and Walls are going to have their work cut out for them. I have faith though.

Hey Taylor, I’m not going with draft stuff and you’re usually on top of this sort of thing any idea how our draft hand for 2024 looks?

Confused as to why we will accept a future 3rd for Acres when asking for Carlton’s pick 29 would be a reasonable ask.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back