Game Day 2022 Trade Period Match Thread

Have you installed a Rheem or felt the loving embrace of Continental Tyres safely guide your trip?

• Having a shower in my Rheem right now

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • No, what a stupid poll

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • YOU DONT KNOW ME

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • Luke Jackson

Votes: 65 53.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is why we commit to not trading Lobb until Jackson is through, then rush Lobbs trade last day.

They will ask for what we get out of Lobb.
Won't matter if we delay.

Demons don't have hand. They screw with us, the eagles get him for nothing.

Remember when Melbourne asked for picks 5,6 for Hogan. Then we traded pick 6 to Port.

you know what?

With Guys like Lobb, Logue, Tucker, Meek and Acres wanting to apparently leave.... Lobb, Tucker and Meek are all contracted until 2023. If Acres goes to Carlton as Expected, I rather keep Tucker for one more season. Let Tucker play 8-12 games next season.

If Logue Leaves, I seriously keep Lobb and Meek for one more season until 2023.

If Luke Jackson does land at freo, then Lobb is free to go.

I wish this would just hurry up and all be over.

Well we cant play tough man tony abbott tactics on the Trade table if guys like Logue and Acres are out of contract.

We could with Brad Hill as he had 2 years left. Had he stayed at freo, he would only be on $300,000 a year. Peter Bell was a tough negotiator on that deal. We didnt get a couple of 1st rounders he demanded, but it was a nice package in the end.

Brad Hill and 2020 3rd rounder for Blake Acres, Pick 10, pick 58, 2020 2nd and 2020 4th.

The top 10 tells me the coaches rate defensive effort very highly, Schultz wasn’t our best forward but his defensive efforts were outstanding. Likewise with Walters, they both rated higher than Lobb who kicked the most goals. Logue’s scores came from his defensive efforts against Curnow, Cameron and Playing a defensive forward role on the interception kings of opponents.

I’m surprised Brodie wasn’t in the top 10. In the Doig Medal count …..Mmmmm but did ok in the count by the umpires..

View attachment 1524119

View attachment 1524120

Last edited:
Well we cant play tough man tony abbott tactics on the Trade table if guys like Logue and Acres are out of contract.

We could with Brad Hill as he had 2 years left. Had he stayed at freo, he would only be on $300,000 a year. Peter Bell was a tough negotiator on that deal. We didnt get a couple of 1st rounders he demanded, but it was a nice package in the end.

Brad Hill and 2020 3rd rounder for Blake Acres, Pick 10, pick 58, 2020 2nd and 2020 4th.
Agree, contract status gives you hand or no hand.

Logue we just take F2 and move on. Got a feeling it will be Logue and Tucker for F2. Nice to get a F3 for Tucker.

Acres is an interesting one. Blues don't want to trade pick 28 and most likely F2. They will offer F3 which is actually pretty useful pick. Only redeeming feature we might trade to Gold Coast for high third pick in 2022.

Lobb we have hand and pick 29 won't be enough. We and should do a Puttin.

Meek we have hand as well. Hawks won't deal pick 24. Maybe a F3 which we should reject. Got to be F2 or we don't deal.

The top 10 tells me the coaches rate defensive effort very highly, Schultz wasn’t our best forward but his defensive efforts were outstanding. Likewise with Walters, they both rated higher than Lobb who kicked the most goals. Logue’s scores came from his defensive efforts against Curnow, Cameron and Playing a defensive forward role on the interception kings of opponents.
Logues scores didn't come from his defensive efforts down back. Those blanket games on Curnow and Cameron were in the first 8 rounds, where he wasn't even in the top 10. It was more like the Brisbane and Melbourne games where he would've gotten all those votes.

I think apart from those two games he didn't offer very much in the forward line. Obviously the coach somehow saw it differently, but I don't think anyone here can comfortably say he was our third best player at the end of round 18.

I realise you have connections in the brass, but Blind Freddy could see this as a weakness.
In fact, its the weakness that's been there for 6 or 7 years.
The fact that people think Fyfe is the saviour to our goalkicking issues is enough evidence.
I was there in 2013, when we kicked 1 goal in a half at the GF.
Right in front of Me (GILF)
Yep, I understand. Thought I would share anyway. Sadly I’ve been told not to expect too many surprises this trade period, but we all know things can pop up out of nowhere.

Why are we looking at him?

What has he done to earn near 500k, let alone 700 to 800k

Luke Jackson (Melbourne)​

Out of contract, ruck

CHANGES FROM 2021 TO 2022:

Disposals:
12.8 to 14.8 (10 per cent)

Contested possessions: 6.5 to 8.2 (21 per cent)

Hitout to advantage rate: 12.2 to 9.8 (-24 per cent)

Clearances: 1.5 to 2.4 (38 per cent)

Score involvements: 4.6 to 5.2 (12 per cent)

Wants to return home to Western Australia with Fremantle the likely destination. The 2021 Rising Star winner is considered to be one of the most exciting young players in the AFL and Melbourne are going to demand a high price for the 20-year-old who didn’t have the year many expected of him in 2022 but still showed some improvement.
This is why you need to actually watch football.

He’s the definition of an average AFL player. He’s kicked 35 goals once in his 9 years in the AFL. He’s 30 years old. Has never even got within an asses roar of an AA squad selection, let alone the team. The dogs are likely buying 60 games of frustrating inconsistent football with Rory Lobb.
I did a recent list on here and ranked him as approx the 15th best key forward in the AFL heading into next season. That could well be generous to him actually.
If we get anything more than the equivalent of pick 25 we will do very well.
Allows us to have an effective ruck duo.

Allows other forwards not to line up against the best defender.

These are pretty obvious benefits Lobb brings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve been told that goal kicking forwards are a priority for us.
Shocked Cosmo Kramer GIF

He’s not a pure ruck either, he’s a ‘mid/ruck’ with Darcy being a ‘ruck/forward’ they’ll rotate. It means Amiss, Treacy etc can be pure forwards. Strategically, it could be a real weapon.
When did Darcy become a ruck/forward?

For us to claim that he needs greater forward impact.

He's a ruck who rests forward, which is pretty common.

you know what?

With Guys like Lobb, Logue, Tucker, Meek and Acres wanting to apparently leave.... Lobb, Tucker and Meek are all contracted until 2023. If Acres goes to Carlton as Expected, I rather keep Tucker for one more season. Let Tucker play 8-12 games next season.

If Logue Leaves, I seriously keep Lobb and Meek for one more season until 2023.

If Luke Jackson does land at freo, then Lobb is free to go.
If we can land picks that gets us Allan and Broadbent I'm fine with it.

I’ve been told that goal kicking forwards are a priority for us. No surprises, and not sure what that means exactly. We are keen to get sturt into the team, he just has to live up to his end of the bargain with his defensive work.

*Keeping

For one more year at least

What a joke.

Wouldn’t have had an issue if he went to a struggling club.

Pick 7 should get to the giants for Bruhn you’d hope, but still, they’ll get him for nothing.

“According to the report, the deal will see Richmond part with both picks 12 and 19 for Taranto.

It is expected the Tigers will receive a future later pick along with the midfielder.”

so 13 and a future two will be more than enough for Jackson who is the inferior footballer here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back