List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Apart from Danger, Selwood, Hawkins and Cameron, they don't have many real big value stars. Guthrie and Duncan are good players but they are hardly elite trade targets. They have a few kids who will get pay rises and guys like Stewart and Blicavs who are really high achievers but they aren't going to be guys who teams throw the kitchen sink at.

Part of the thing that made Richmond and them so good is that they don't have piles of superstars but have ate game that is better than everyone else. Most of the individual pieces aren't that exciting on their own. Melbourne ha a lot of cap tied up in a few really really high end talents.
I love melbourne are sinking plenty of cash into Grundy.

Pick 1 is that top 10 pick
Yes we lose 2 best 22 players and pick 9.

It is what we would do with Pick 1 that is key!
Didn't see the bit that Hill is not being traded? Out of the equation.

Anyway pick one which is really pick two after Ashcroft F/S for 9 and two quality players. Yup great move.

Shit news about Longy officially going. Liked that he had a bit of agro in him, hope he goes well at the Suns

Pick 32 for him is whatever...neither here nor there, seems about right. Hopefully we can stockpile a few more picks inside 40

I’d be surprised if we can’t do something creative with 28 and 32 to move up the order. Or at worst keep them and get some good solid citizens. I like picks that are close together too, allows for more creativity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Supporters are seeing the pick 7 and none of the other major issues with the Bowes trade.
Bowes is owed $850,000 x 2. Extraordinary money for what is essentially a poor man’s Dunstan.
Now, Bowes management had told prospective clubs that he’s happy to smooth out that money over a 4 year contract. So while the next two years may drop down to $700,000 odd you’re still committing extra salary cap to a VFL player in 2025/26.
Once we did the maths we just didn’t think it was worth the TPP hit to take on pick 7 in what is a very even draft between 5-20.
Irresponsible for not bringing in pick 7? Or responsible TPP management?
Well done Saints.

Stop pretending to be Shane Warne, the King of Spin, it's offensive.

Do you actually think that those 2 at that age would be on 700k?

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Joel Selwood is their captain and would have evened out his contract over time. I think he would have been on more than that at another side.

CHRIS Burgess has re-committed to the Gold Coast Suns for two more years after attracting interest from rival clubs following a dominant season in the VFL.

The 26-year-old was starved of opportunity in 2022, managing only two senior appearances after playing 19 games last year.

But after kicking 63 goals in the VFL to win the Jim 'Frosty' Miller Medal and earn selection at full forward in the team of the year, Burgess landed on the radar of several clubs, including Adelaide and St Kilda.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back