List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

We need to start winning every trade
pick 25 and a st kildas future 5th is what it should be This is a team who just gave up pick 7 and a top 10 player
100%

gags aint getting it done. desperately need a decent list boss.

What will pick 32 be once all the top of the table free loaders have pushed it further down the order? 50?

And we give them a 4th round back. s**t.
The opposite will happen actually.
All of Brisbane's 20-something picks will be absorbed in bids for Ashcroft and Fletcher and Pick 32 might end up being 29ish at a guess.

Apart from Danger, Selwood, Hawkins and Cameron, they don't have many real big value stars. Guthrie and Duncan are good players but they are hardly elite trade targets. They have a few kids who will get pay rises and guys like Stewart and Blicavs who are really high achievers but they aren't going to be guys who teams throw the kitchen sink at.

Part of the thing that made Richmond and them so good is that they don't have piles of superstars but have ate game that is better than everyone else. Most of the individual pieces aren't that exciting on their own. Melbourne ha a lot of cap tied up in a few really really high end talents.
You’re hard on Geelong gringo imo some of these guys are absolute superstars. Blicavs is an absolute freak, he can play anywhere is a two time b&f in a great team. The fact that they take less than they’re worth doesn’t diminish how good they are. I think teams have sniffed around and been given the stiff arm, it’s hard to pry players out of the place. You live on the surf coast and play home games in Geelong that’s a great deal if you’re not enamoured by the bright lights of Melbourne.

Melbourne are an interesting team because they’re paying a few a fortune so you’d think others would be getable but they seem to be doing well keeping the players they want. Jackson is overrated and they’ll pick up some good young players as a result and add Grundy at the same time. May, lever, Gawn, petracca, Oliver, brayshaw who else would be on big money there ?.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't see the bit that Hill is not being traded? Out of the equation.

Anyway pick one which is really pick two after Ashcroft F/S for 9 and two quality players. Yup great move.
Only a suggestion mate.
But I'm sure both Clark and Hill were at one stage tied to possibly being traded to the Roos. Whether that was through the Media or the players themselves.
Like I said it is what we would do with Pick 1, that is Key.

I’d be surprised if we can’t do something creative with 28 and 32 to move up the order. Or at worst keep them and get some good solid citizens. I like picks that are close together too, allows for more creativity.

Binns and Phillips would make me happy with those picks.

32 for Long is about what he's worth, shame we couldn't twist GCs arm a bit more to get a better deal.

Seeming like a nothing trade period for us. Our only hope now is GWS are willing to give away a pick for a salary dump.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back