List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely nothing from cal twomey about Hunter Clark in his latest article

Richmond first pick at present: 53, and no future first for those two gets.

At present they've sold both drafts for 2 players and sure, they're gunning for immediate improvement and it might work out for them, but gee you'd hate to have to fire sale for picks later on a need as them.

Karl as an FA gets to largely state what he wants and to then go there, O'Meara is a shadow, we don't need his type, we need Gresh's without the s**t kicking and suspect durability types, hence De Goey.

Bowes would be the miss if we wanted in on that dance, but we'd be coming from a mile back if what camps have been saying is fact, I wouldn't say we're screaming for it though, our worse issues are a CHF & CHB though the latter is slightly mitigated by Battle and now Cordy in as depth, but we can say win the mids and still be very predictable up forward and get done just due to that predictability. Which again, is largely why the club has also stated that they are looking for quality talls as they see the issue in the front half.

You never do. Does a disservice to the period if you just straight throw up walls and go lalalala, this is Dodo's field and why he's largely derided after all.

If Rawlings comes in and say "pick 3 and future 1st for Clark + Y" you're at that table even if you have no intention to sell whatsoever, so you let it play and if it ends it ends and job done without being a Dodo and pissing people off for being obstinate.
Yeh we shouldn’t have sold the farm and the wool so to speak like the tigers did (that’s a club taking one last big swing) BUT we absolutely sat on our hands outside of DeGoey.

The reports each day always talk about how club x didn’t speak to club y today becagse they were tied up in discussions on someone else. I always assumed that was hyperbole (or it might be if it’s a domino player eg Jackson who unlocked Grundy) but it seems we really can’t have more than one discussion at a time.

I can't see North using 3
They've already said they're happy to trade it for a player plus an early first rd pick. Gunning for us, but I will spew if we give up 9 and Clark.

Clark + 15 should be fine if they really want him, assuming we can get it off the Giants. Fingers crossed that's what Gags is doing, but I'm a nuffie.

Yeh we shouldn’t have sold the farm and the wool so to speak like the tigers did (that’s a club taking one last big swing) BUT we absolutely sat on our hands outside of DeGoey.

The reports each day always talk about how club x didn’t speak to club y today becagse they were tied up in discussions on someone else. I always assumed that was hyperbole (or it might be if it’s a domino player eg Jackson who unlocked Grundy) but it seems we really can’t have more than one discussion at a time.

Re discussions, you can just as far as agreeing to terms it can really one done one at a time. So say you target 3 players;

P1: has head v head in discussions to nut out terms
P2: has follow up to discuss where to meet for tea and discuss how much $
P3: has someone opening a door just to jam it on their fingers for wasting time until they suppliment P2 with a CC.

All 3 can happen at the same time but only P1 will have any docs signed.

As a club we simply said we'd be slow and it's not a focus basically, North came as did GCS, GCS left happy, North is still there confused.

I can't see North using 3
Tend to agree personally I don’t see it happening. Not keen on trading futures and I don’t want to touch 2 or 3

They've already said they're happy to trade it for a player plus an early first rd pick. Gunning for us, but I will spew if we give up 9 and Clark.

Clark + 15 should be fine if they really want him, assuming we can get it off the Giants. Fingers crossed that's what Gags is doing, but I'm a nuffie.
I hope north don’t do that. Not that I don’t think Clark is good I just think the opportunity cost of losing a pick 3 is not something to take lightly. From norths supporters pov of course

I hope north don’t do that. Not that I don’t think Clark is good I just think the opportunity cost of losing a pick 3 is not something to take lightly. From norths supporters pov of course
I can’t see how else you get it done.

The realistic deal is Clark + 9 for 3 + change.

He clearly isn’t moving for a second round pick like your board thinks 😂

If that was the value, he would have moved for that priority pick.

Our aim is to also come out with an improved draft hand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to spam, but it think it’s one of those circumstances where the value he holds with you guys is more than what we should pay. Respectfully of course, same with us when there were flutterings about Zurhaar to us he’s worth a high first in terms of what we’d need to use to replace him but I doubt we’d get that

I remain quite content we are not jumping at shadows in a panic to ‘do something’. We are standing by waiting for an opportunity and will only go if it favours us. At least that’s what I hope.

The club isn’t going to say anything about a rebuild, but we need to draft for a while. Trading our picks for an uneven return would very unwise. We just don’t have the trade capital.

Still a day to go. Sounds unlikely we will do anything, but you never know. And on draft night we’ll be happy to have kept our picks.

You will find out soon.

There should be something definitive in the Cleary/Browne/Twomey wrap ups in the next 2 hours
Has anyone got a link to where this is? Apparently Twomey's had nothing about Clark in it

I can’t see how else you get it done.

The realistic deal is Clark + 9 for 3 + change.

He clearly isn’t moving for a second round pick like your board thinks 😂

If that was the value, he would have moved for that priority pick.

Our aim is to also come out with an improved draft hand.
We don’t have a second and i don’t really want to part with the future picks so I do agree, I can’t see it happening

I remain quite content we are not jumping at shadows in a panic to ‘do something’. We are standing by waiting for an opportunity and will only go if it favours us. At least that’s what I hope.

The club isn’t going to say anything about a rebuild, but we need to draft for a while. Trading our picks for an uneven return would very unwise. We just don’t have the trade capital.

Still a day to go. Sounds unlikely we will do anything, but you never know. And on draft night we’ll be happy to have kept our picks.
Sometimes no move is the best move.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back