List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Or offer more money to lure one. What if we keep bringing in guys who don't get it right? I'd at least chase one with a good reputation in a good system. You'd feel more confident having someone who learnt under a gun.
Give Plugger a few packs of VB a heap of Dim Sims and all the Nab game videos and he could pick as good as any recruiter.
I think even you could pull off the gig Gringo - a lot of the time it is just luck.

Have the Saints recruiters gone home? Or will we be active tomorrow?
You will find out soon.

There should be something definitive in the Cleary/Browne/Twomey wrap ups in the next 2 hours

Last edited:
Parkdale boy though. Moorabbin is just 5-10 minutes away via Nepean Hwy.

I don't know about you lot. But i really wasn't tied to the suburb ( or town ) my mum was in throughout my 20s.
Mind you i did stay there for a while...can't beat free rent and washing and home cooked meals.
but.....

Especially if you're an AFL footballer, only guessing here, you might want to bring girls home, and they may not all be the type your mum would approve of.

I suppose if your mum is nice and close to Moorabbin you can drop your washing off on the way home from training.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You will find it soon.

There should be something definitive in the Cleary/Browne/Twomey wrap ups in the next 2 hours

You'd have to assume if there was any chance of anything occurring that we'd have something tonight. Can't see them starting conversations tomorrow and hoping they can get it done!

He defs was gettable a few weeks ago, but it feels as if our stance has changed.
Walsh and Noble probably had something to do with that.

Oh, And of course, Clarko.
Hopefully one day we’ll look back and thank him for doing us a favour.

They packed up shop after The cordy deal
done that's all folks GIF by Real housewives of Atlanta

I would be surprised to see North give up pick 3 in any trade circumstances.

I wonder if we would be prepared to accept Ports future 1st and a sweetener like Norths futue 3rd or a Tristan Xerri type player?

Also some how the club still needs to fill the tall forward/2nd ruckman they stated they were chasing at the start of the trade week?

Its reported that Melbourne are now chasing Schache as they expect to lose Weideman. Our options are quickly narrowing?
If we were going to lose Clarke, a best 22 player, I wouldn’t want to wait for next year to replace him.

I'm not sure it helps at all

Firstly, I'll state that I don't want to trade Clark

But if he were to go an we had a choice between pick 19 or upgrading 9 to 3 (worth 25 according to the draft calculator) I'm going the pick upgrade every day of the week.

I think a better way to look at it would be to look at which kids are available in the draft. Draft experts will tell you there's a clear top 4 before the 2nd tier comes in.

So no club would trade 3 for 9 and 25.

In fact I think if you wanted to move that far up the draft you would need to offer a pick around the 12 mark before a club even considers it.

Even them I doubt it gets done

That tells you how irrelevant the draft points are unless we are wanting to draft an academy player.

That’s fair, it’s only another set of info really. I don’t want us to trade Clark either.

I don't know about you lot. But i really wasn't tied to the suburb ( or town ) my mum was in throughout my 20s.
Mind you i did stay there for a while...can't beat free rent and washing and home cooked meals.
but.....

Especially if you're an AFL footballer, only guessing here, you might want to bring girls home, and they may not all be the type your mum would approve of.

I suppose if your mum is nice and close to Moorabbin you can drop your washing off on the way home from training.

You’re right.

The lure of home is a myth for most people.

You'd have to assume if there was any chance of anything occurring that we'd have something tonight. Can't see them starting conversations tomorrow and hoping they can get it done!
Well we know they spoke today because Rawlings said he would talk to us today and tomorrow when he was interviewed this morning.

Bowes has stated he went with Geelong because they showed interested well before pick 7 was in the picture.

So unless we can get a time machine and go back in time to the start of the year to put in an enquiry, we never stood a chance.
Not really. We could have put a better offer in now.

Money and terms we had a massive massive advantage that it seems we didn’t take.

It’s his decision and ultimately there’s not much ooint sooking about it now but I seriously doubt we did everything we could there.

Well hopefully they have been fruitful!

Knowing our luck not even the Picks will want to come to the club 🤣
Look, my personal opinion is a deal will get done.

My belief is that it’s going to involve either pick 3 or that port first.

Otherwise. It would have been done already - with their initial draft hand.

That interview last night and again this morning from Rawlings was pretty categoric that they want him and he would like to go there.

So we need to be appeased to facilitate it

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back