List Mgmt. 2023 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't think of big sliders turning into good players. Late in the draft you probably want someone who is improving. I havent really looked at the draft but players like Joe fonti, callinan, Visentini, Charlestone and Freejah seem to fit the bill.

Apparently there was a list put out 2 weeks ago, not the final list though.

Former/Current Port players that nominated as of Nov 2nd. No Jed Hagan yet.

Sam Davidson - Wanderers (NTFL)
Joel Garner - St Marys (NTFL)
Harper Montgomery - Port Adelaide (SANFL)
Taj Schofield - Subiaco (WAFL)
Cody Szust - Port Adelaide (SANFL)
Boyd Woodcock - Southport (VFL)
Once you nominate, you are nominated for 3 years I believe, Hagan would thus have to be nominated via his past nomination.

**edit: found an article that confirms this is not the case anymore. Each year they must nominate.

Last edited:

North Melbourne manipulating the draft order as much as I do on the AFL video games.

Still remember getting pick 2 for Jimmy Toumpas, then trading pick 2 for pick 1. What a broken game.

The draft has become an absolute farce with Academies, Father/Son and compensation picks. Imagine having a mid-first round pick in this draft that nets you a second round level player in previous years.

WHERE BIDS COULD COME ON DRAFT NIGHT

It could be a long opening night of the draft, with as many as 28 picks to be used as a fourth Suns academy prospect bolts into first-round contention.

As a result of a busy trade period, there are 22 first-round picks in according to the current draft order. North Melbourne was handed two compensation picks – one for losing Ben McKay to Essendon (Pick 3) and an end-of-first-round selection as part of an AFL assistance package (Pick 22) – while Adelaide (Pick 20) and St Kilda (Pick 21) were also given end-of-first-rounders for losing free agents Tom Doedee and Jade Gresham respectively.

But with two father-son prospects and as many as four Suns academy products in the mix to attract first-round bids, the first round now looms as a busy night.
Crows keen to move up as Dons, Cats ponder shuffles down order: when first-round bids could come: AFL Draft Watch

I get the argument that clubs still have access to the same available talent pool, but with so many handouts, the available talent pool shrinks more and more each year and clubs are getting access to maybe the 25th best player with a late first round pick.

I have no qualms about us trading down in this draft. At least with a pick that might be in the 50s we are getting actual value for the selection.

House of Footy full phantom draft has us taking Will Patton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am super keen to see what Hardwick can do next year with the very exciting list he has with some young guns coming into the team draft with their concessions.
I would have preferred to see Hinkley waste all the young talent they accumulate. Surely they needed a Daddy there?

House of Footy full phantom draft has us taking Will Patton.

Will Patton is a solid pick up that late in draft, unfortunately not top of our needs list , don't know much about Kade De La rue as a small forward at 56 on that list. Such a port name. (not)

Will Patton is a solid pick up that late in draft, unfortunately not top of our needs list , don't know much about Kade De La rue as a small forward at 56 on that list. Such a port name. (not)

Will Patton is a ridiculous slider.
Wouldn't knock him at all at the price.

As it currently stands our back 6 is a mess and it is an area of need until it isn’t.

I don’t think he slides this far though.

Kade De La Rue has plenty of fans after the 2nd round. He’d be a nice pick up.

Ideally with the hand we have Id grab him and Vigo.

Rookie Me has us looking at Vigs, Luke Lloyd and Nick Williams.

Port Adelaide's hand is smaller than Donald Trump's. I wonder if the club has set yet another dubious record in taking the lowest ever number of points into a draft.

I am super keen to see what Hardwick can do next year with the very exciting list he has with some young guns coming into the team draft with their concessions.

After the way Hardwick conspired to shaft Stewie Dew I could give a rat's what he does.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2023 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back