Injury 2023 injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odd.

I'm sure Scott was trying to tell everyone in his presser that the injury was to his upper arm........was early days, but Stengle was clearly holding / nursing his wrist area, and everyone that saw it occur thought straight away it was a busted wrist or forearm.

Odd.

I'm sure Scott was trying to tell everyone in his presser that the injury was to his upper arm........was early days, but Stengle was clearly holding / nursing his wrist area, and everyone that saw it occur thought straight away it was a busted wrist or forearm.
Think Scott was more lower forearm than straight out wrist.

These medium term injuries arent actually too bad in my opinion. We had a few last year too. It allows players to freshen up, other players (in a fairly deep squad) to step up.

I'm an optimist, so giving Ceglar a few games isnt a bad thing. He may find form. It may force the coaches to try rucking Esava in the backline, Ceglar in the middle and Hawkins in the forward line and see what happens. These situations often force tactics to evolve and then when it comes to the pointy end of the season, you have a bigger set of tools to choose from.

Stengle out means Bruin or Dempsey comes in. Atkins looked sore. Knevitt/Bruin may get a go.

X-rays have shown Geelong forward Tyson Stengle has suffered a fracture of the midshaft of the radius to his left arm which he sustained in the Club’s match against West Coast on Sunday at Adelaide Oval.

Stengle will have surgery in Melbourne in the coming days and is expected to be sidelined for the medium term.

Ruckman Rhys Stanley has undergone a CT scan which has revealed a fracture of the right eye socket. Stanley will have surgery in Adelaide on Monday and is expected to be sidelined for the medium term.

OUT: Stengle (inj), Stanley (inj), Parfitt (sub, omit)
IN: Rohan, Ceglar, Knevitt (sub)

With Stanley out we need the height. If Ceglar has to be subbed out we can plop Knevitt in defence and have de Koning/Ratugolea help out in the ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's your time Ceglar

The Stanley one happened right towards the end of the game from memory? eagles player slid right into his head while he was on the ground over the ball - right in front of the umpire - and not even a free kick played. Thought at the time the umpire completely missed it and then the game was over not long after.

Makes a mockery of how serious the umpires are about protecting the head but seem to be so focused on the sling tackle that they overlook incidents like this that can cause serious injury.

Bunnings apparently sold out of duct tape earlier today. Geelong FC have loaded up on all supplies in order to tape Ceglar together for the next few weeks. And you just know that in the hour of need, he'll find a way to get some stupidly rare injury that means he misses games at the exact time we need him to play. It's just a Ceglar thing. The Cats will be filthy that Toby Conway hadn't got a few VFL games under his belt in recent weeks ........... would've been the perfect time to bring him in for a few weeks.

The Shining GIF

Johnny Ceglar!

The Stengle injury worries me. Really hope he doesn't lose any of this touch but broken limbs can be very bad news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back