Injury 2023 injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Stewart only missed 2 or 3 week back around 2017 with a bad eye socket injury.
My guess is Stanley will be back weeks before Stengle.

Not sure of the reasoning, but according to the tissues, Stanley will have his surgery immediately in SA whereas Stengle will have his in Melbourne in a day or two.

What the * is medium term,my guess somewhere between a month and season.

I guess it's a bit hard to put a more solid time frame on things until after both guys have had their surgery and they can see how they pull up from that

We've got 7 weeks until our bye, and I'd expect that medium term would mean returning before then

I guess it's a bit hard to put a more solid time frame on things until after both guys have had their surgery and they can see how they pull up from that

We've got 7 weeks until our bye, and I'd expect that medium term would mean returning before then
Stanley yes Stengle doubtful but limited information on the actual break.

We can get by without Stanley, our matchups to come are Ladhams(Rubbish),Draper(Improving but hardly a world beater),ROB(Plays as many shit games as good) and then Richmond without a Ruckman.

We can get by without Stanley, our matchups to come are Ladhams(Rubbish),Draper(Improving but hardly a world beater),ROB(Plays as many s**t games as good) and then Richmond without a Ruckman.
I would just limit Celgar ruck work TK the middle and boundary lines and let Hawkins and Sav take the other two ends

We can get by without Stanley, our matchups to come are Ladhams(Rubbish),Draper(Improving but hardly a world beater),ROB(Plays as many s**t games as good) and then Richmond without a Ruckman.
Draper- can't agree. High quality, one of the best in the comp, and one reason Bombers sit second.

Generally the prognosis is good.
Various factors influence the outcome.
Found this...
The majority of midshaft fractures of the forearm require orthopedic consultation, with the main exception being uncomplicated "nightstick" fractures of the ulna (with little to no displacement or angulation) (image 1) [6,12,24]. Many midshaft forearm fractures are unstable; in other words, even when placed in a cast, they are prone to displacement due to the rotational and linear pull of the many muscles that insert on the forearm. These fractures require surgical fixation to avoid poor alignment and possibly nonunion. Even minor deformity of the radius or ulna can cause significant loss of supination and disability. In addition, given the high-energy trauma involved in many forearm fractures, significant soft tissue injury is common and alone often warrants orthopedic consultation.

Generally the prognosis is good.
Various factors influence the outcome.
Found this...
The majority of midshaft fractures of the forearm require orthopedic consultation, with the main exception being uncomplicated "nightstick" fractures of the ulna (with little to no displacement or angulation) (image 1) [6,12,24]. Many midshaft forearm fractures are unstable; in other words, even when placed in a cast, they are prone to displacement due to the rotational and linear pull of the many muscles that insert on the forearm. These fractures require surgical fixation to avoid poor alignment and possibly nonunion. Even minor deformity of the radius or ulna can cause significant loss of supination and disability. In addition, given the high-energy trauma involved in many forearm fractures, significant soft tissue injury is common and alone often warrants orthopedic consultation.
Hopefully there's no significant loss of supination

My guess is Stanley will be back weeks before Stengle.

Not sure of the reasoning, but according to the tissues, Stanley will have his surgery immediately in SA whereas Stengle will have his in Melbourne in a day or two.

That would be more because stanley probably cant fly until he has the surgery..doubt it means anything recovery time.

Teams have been targeting young sam.

Also noticed stewart telling sav where to be.
I don't think he liked it
I thought he did. He followed Stewart’s directions and found himself in excellent positions. And ended up getting coaches votes because the backline organised itself to be accountable and let him take the intercepts. Any one of them could have done it, but they made sure it was Sav that got the practise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back