Injury 2023 injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willis is at least out on the track. That info was accidentally divulged by the club in a pic from main training last week.

The cone of silence on Kroeger remains 'impressively intact', though.

:rolleyes:
Extract from link. It appears the return of both Kroeger and Willis is a way off

GQEBRYT.jpg

Feelgood "Injury" News.
No news on Cameron, Stanley, Ceglar, SDK

Cameron is sore but will probably play unless the baby comes.

I think ceglar is just old and not injured.

We know sdk is carrying a knee issue but fit to keep playing.

No news on stanley is interesting i assume that means he is right to go for sunday.

Who knows what they're thinking in October, but that would suggest both players look like getting a contract extension?

We will have enough over 30s retirements and we only have one pick inside 80 this year that its better to keep guys like kroeger one more year.

Cameron is sore but will probably play unless the baby comes.

I think ceglar is just old and not injured.

We know sdk is carrying a knee issue but fit to keep playing.

No news on stanley is interesting i assume that means he is right to go for sunday.
I think Ceglar also has a "baby issue". ie. his partner is due as well. So if past due date and not arrived I doubt he will jump on a plane Saturday? And yes he is old!

If Cegs doesn't go then Stanley will have to play I suspect unless he physically can't...in that case maybe Scratcher might get his chance as a ruckman (which isn't his main game)

I think Ceglar also has a "baby issue". ie. his partner is due as well. So if past due date and not arrived I doubt he will jump on a plane Saturday? And yes he is old!

If Cegs doesn't go then Stanley will have to play I suspect unless he physically can't...in that case maybe Scratcher might get his chance as a ruckman (which isn't his main game)

Yeah i forgot about that. They probably will let ceglar stay home unless he has to travel ie if stanleys out.
So if he travsls as an emg hes probably not playing.
Id be happy for scratcher to ruck against the hawks next week but id want a proper ruck instead vs witts.

My guess is Blicavs will play ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That necessity after the dominant Stanley got injured was a double disaster last week; first, Blicavs got absolutely destroyed in the ruck by DeKoning, and secondly it let Cripps back into the game.
We didn't have much choice. Neale isn't a ruckman. We play him there and Witts dominates.

We didn't have much choice. Neale isn't a ruckman. We play him there and Witts dominates.
I agree that Neil is not a key ruckman, and that is good as he needs to concentrate on being a key forward. Let him play to his strengths.
He needs to be given a chance in the firsts to see how he performs with good players around him.

Was there anything from the club on SDK?

He was subbed out after a heavy knock but no word that he actually failed concussion test. Chris Scott said that he spoke to SDK not long after he was subbed out and he said he was fine.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Was there anything from the club on SDK?

He was subbed out after a heavy knock but no word that he actually failed concussion test. Chris Scott said that he spoke to SDK not long after he was subbed out and he said he was fine.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nope. I think most are assuming he was concussed as he asked what had happened.

I have forgotten what the position is with Sam Menegola. We could do with his calmness under pressure, and his generally good kicking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back