Injury 2023 injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surely nothing structural for SDK since he came back on?

Radio thought Stewart was a medial, which could be anywhere from 2-10 weeks.

If its a medial it probably wont be more than a month if its a PCL (which i hope it isnt) then it would be months.

Sdks was such an odd incident ie no collision at all. My first worry was acl but they wouldnt have sent him back on if it were. Sounds like he maybe has jarred the knee scott said he did the same thing at training weeks ago which gives me confidence he can play through it.

If its a medial it probably wont be more than a month if its a PCL (which i hope it isnt) then it would be months.

Sdks was such an odd incident ie no collision at all. My first worry was acl but they wouldnt have sent him back on if it were. Sounds like he maybe has jarred the knee scott said he did the same thing at training weeks ago which gives me confidence he can play through it.
If it's a jarred knee he could be pretty bruised and sore so backing up on Thursday isn't ideal. But with Stewart, Henry and Kolo out we're very thin back there so probably need him to play if he's only 90%.

I thought from my very unprofessional and limited knowledge SDK looked a little PCL like... running backwards and going down like that.

Stewy looked ankle eversion - syndismosis - but looks like the ankle gave way and the knee took the brunt and the plane he went down on suggested MCL - to what degree who knows.

Hawkins no guess from me and Stengle was bloody lucky to still have a head.

GO CAtters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It give sdk trouble in training then the 2 practise matches and 1st rd, so something is going on

Any chance that Oscar Murdoch could debut early due the injuries to our defenders?
Think they have Whyte ahead of him. But of course different player and Oscar maybe more of a need.

Reckon they will shuffle what they have (2e and blitz) and bowes before any major change

Last edited:
So it feels now like the only forced change will be Stewart for bowes.

Kolo not available.

SDK will play if he gets through training. To my eye he looked hampered but maybe that is something he can play through.

I think they can shuffle defence if they have both SAV and SDK. 2E can go back and they have bews Zuthrie as well as atkins MOC and Bowes who can play back. Of course Blitz is emergency option (and Reece can drop back if blitz on the ball).

Reckon that could all work unless SDK can’t launch. Then we might have trouble.

Only other change they could consider is Parf for another sub. But maybe don’t have huge choices? Would be Whyte, Simpson or Dempsey as options to replace Parf. Wonder though whether they give Parf a few more cracks at it?

So it feels now like the only forced change will be Stewart for bowes.

Kolo not available.

SDK will play if he gets through training. To my eye he looked hampered but maybe that is something he can play through.

I think they can shuffle defence if they have both SAV and SDK. 2E can go back and they have bews Zuthrie as well as atkins MOC and Bowes who can play back. Of course Blitz is emergency option (and Reece can drop back if blitz on the ball).

Reckon that could all work unless SDK can’t launch. Then we might have trouble.

Only other change they could consider is Parf for another sub. But maybe don’t have huge choices? Would be Whyte, Simpson or Dempsey as options to replace Parf. Wonder though whether they give Parf a few more cracks at it?

I hope, hard as it may be short term, that they are conservative with SDK if necessary.

I hope, hard as it may be short term, that they are conservative with SDK if necessary.

I think when the opposition has curnow and mckay he has to play unless it will make his injury worse.

I think when the opposition has curnow and mckay he has to play unless it will make his injury worse.
Agree. That is what they will do (and trust the club that they know what they are doing). If they want to rest him it might be in the following 3 weeks against poorer teams (although maybe not if we are 0 and 2).

My only concern is that if he can’t do much more than he did when he came back on then frankly not much point having him out there. He didn’t once in second half make a contest - just no jump at all….

I am assuming he will be better for a week training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back