Injury 2023 injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still no willis update.
Here we go again...more of the same sooking from the usual suspects. Willis actually played a game for the club less than eight weeks ago. And yet we've still got posters here speculating about what's going on with him. The club is now forthright about these issues, remember? So when there's something to report (like the fact that he's injured, for example), we can be sure the GFC will provide an update on his status.

In the meantime, don't forget that he'll come back when he's ready, OK? Sheesh...

:rolleyes:

Here we go again...more of the same sooking from the usual suspects. Willis actually played a game for the club less than eight weeks ago. And yet we've still got posters here speculating about what's going on with him. The club is now forthright about these issues, remember? So when there's something to report (like the fact that he's injured, for example), we can be sure the GFC will provide an update on his status.

In the meantime, don't forget that he'll come back when he's ready, OK? Sheesh...

:rolleyes:

I haven't followed this matter particularly, but with the club being as forthright as it is, I'm going to assume the club has already explained his 8 week absence as being due to an injury, and would therefore be close to providing an update on how that injury is progressing, and an expected return date based thereon?

I'm not even convinced he is injured... Not that anyone is trying to convince me that he actually is though.

Just let the imagination run wild I say.

I'm not even convinced he is injured.
I'm beginning to believe he never made it out at the end of die hard and we've been lied to all these years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny you mention Die Hard... Legit rewatched 1, 2, and 3 in the last month.
Going WAYYYYYY. OT here but so sad to see Bruce and his health issues now.

It’s not completely OT as it’s a brain injury… but still… hard to watch.

Wish him the best.

Go Catters

So, what's going on with Menegola? I haven't seen any reports of further injury. He didn't play in either side on the weekend. Few will convince me that he shouldn't have been a serious consideration for inclusion in the AFL, and no one will convince me that leaving him out of the VFL was a good idea.

Going WAYYYYYY. OT here but so sad to see Bruce and his health issues now.

It’s not completely OT as it’s a brain injury… but still… hard to watch.

Wish him the best.

Go Catters

People no longer being they way you remember them.I guess you more than most of get to the mortality up close. We look at the their godlike status capture for the evermore and forget the time stops for no one. I watched Pulp Fiction again recently and it sort of hit me when I was watching that part when the were inside Jack Rabbitt Slim's ... where they were served by stars that were all refelctions of the past when at their peak appearance. Was that Bruce at his best in that QT classic? When he was not the main star?

His best days are gone, the same with players that we have cheered for in the past.

Sad reflections... looking back can do that also watched a little bit of the 94 PF North Geelong. By todays standards ... it was ruthlessly reckless . head high shots and cheapies everywhere. I look at that game and remembered being at that game ..and didn't realise how brutal it was. It probably should not surprise that guys like Barnes and Ablett have reported issues now. Max Rooke went so hard is it any wonder that there is long term issues.

So, what's going on with Menegola? I haven't seen any reports of further injury. He didn't play in either side on the weekend. Few will convince me that he shouldn't have been a serious consideration for inclusion in the AFL, and no one will convince me that leaving him out of the VFL was a good idea.
He was riding his bike around Brisbane, judging by social media. Suspect he was the emergency kept in reserve.

If the rumours of Cameron carrying a shoulder injury that requires surgery is true, then we are in a world of trouble.

It’s obvious he’s carrying some sort of shoulder injury, it’s very noticeable he’s in discomfort going for marks ( one handed). Maybe rest him for the Freo game unless the damage is done and it won’t get worse.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Menners was very good last week in the VFL... Kinda surprised we didn't get another match into him just so he could consolidate on that good form and build some extra match fitness... Was strange he missed imo by what would I know?

Managed on the weekend - considering he was named an emergency he likely was in a position to play if required, but based on his injury history from the last 18 months, they decided to take the cautious approach & give him a weeks rest after a month of VFL

There's still 3 rounds of VFL & 5 of AFL remaining before finals, and maybe they want to make sure he's right for pointy end of the season - even if that means a weeks rest once a month or so

Lloyd... no LAppin on KROCK pre game said Menegola could have played if needed.
Tehy held him back for knee preservation - his knee has to be managed going forward in temrs of load and overuse and that he could have played but they are playing the longer career game with him and he should play next week.

Whether you agree with the management perspective is up to you - but thats the explanation.

Go Catters

People no longer being they way you remember them.I guess you more than most of get to the mortality up close. We look at the their godlike status capture for the evermore and forget the time stops for no one. I watched Pulp Fiction again recently and it sort of hit me when I was watching that part when the were inside Jack Rabbitt Slim's ... where they were served by stars that were all refelctions of the past when at their peak appearance. Was that Bruce at his best in that QT classic? When he was not the main star?

His best days are gone, the same with players that we have cheered for in the past.

Sad reflections... looking back can do that also watched a little bit of the 94 PF North Geelong. By todays standards ... it was ruthlessly reckless . head high shots and cheapies everywhere. I look at that game and remembered being at that game ..and didn't realise how brutal it was. It probably should not surprise that guys like Barnes and Ablett have reported issues now. Max Rooke went so hard is it any wonder that there is long term issues.
Way OT but Bruce at his best for me was Moonlighting.... liked Hudson Hawk too althought everyone else hated it...

And of course John McLaine.

GEt better Bruce and get better Jezza.... fix that shoulder!!

GO Catters

Way OT but Bruce at his best for me was Moonlighting.... liked Hudson Hawk too althought everyone else hated it...

And of course John McLaine.

GEt better Bruce and get better Jezza.... fix that shoulder!!

GO Catters

LOL. Him and Cybil ... nitro and glycerine. I liked him in unbreakable too but each to their own

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back