List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread - Pt2 Now With Added Wailing & Gnashing of Teeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dockers fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hypothetical - Somehow we land Pies F1.

We go into 2024 with 3 firsts.

We have a 90% ‘feeling’ Logan will come to us… let’s say same feeling as Jackson.

The question - Is there a possibility we trade out our own 2024 first for say a couple of late firsts in 2023 with North?

Or on draft night say Collard is there at pick 15 (assuming we really rate and want him) trade it out, pick him up plus whatever other picks back to us?

Second scenario makes much more sense to me.

This is all to avoid having to use it for Logan.

Thoughts?
Agreed, I think if we take 3 1sts in we just flush them on a player. Trade one into this year

We have a 90% ‘feeling’ Logan will come to us… let’s say same feeling as Jackson.

The question - Is there a possibility we trade out our own 2024 first for say a couple of late firsts in 2023 with North?

Or on draft night say Collard is there at pick 15 (assuming we really rate and want him) trade it out, pick him up plus whatever other picks back to us?

Thoughts?

Thoughts?
I think our F1 holds a lot of currency this year, so can see a possible scenario if North are end up stuck with 15,17&18 come draft night and there’s a couple we rate really high still on the board.
This would only occur if they fold and trade 2&3 to WC for pick 1 though, otherwise it’s likely those picks have gone to WC by then, 2,15,17 for pick 1.
Big IF is do WC want to go WA players (Curtin, Collard, Thulstrop) or do they just want two out and out guns (Curtin & McKercher/Duursma)

Last edited:

All this talk of LMac is great, because he is a WA boy and may be heading home….but the player type we really need is a burst mid-forward in the mould of Shai Bolton or a DeGoey, it’s just the price would be huge…

We need the spine to be set first - ie: LMac…so I’m all for him next year - but no way this year…..get the currency and go bang next year.

The next two trade and draft periods are crucial to our longevity of getting to be a contender and maintaining a position to contend, the Tassie team coming in has changed the landscape in 2 years time a truckload.

Is there a reason we aren’t looking at Allan as part of the Schulz deal?

Apart from the obvious family ties, we are loosing another winger this year and thought he was drafted as mid/winger.

Seems like if he’s ever going to be getable it would be now

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
freo would have asked id say, but hes signed till 2026

Agreed, I think if we take 3 1sts in we just flush them on a player. Trade one into this year

Yeah but I’d wait to do it on actual draft night. That way you’re getting the player you want.

I wonder if our ego would get in the way of value. Clearly we should trade out the Pies F1 first if an opportunity presents.

Our 2024 1st could easily be a top 6 pick.

If (sounds likely) McDonald (or is is Mac?) becomes available next year, expect the weags to move heaven and earth to try and get him as a long term partner to Allen. I don’t think it’s going to be as easy as us having good draft capital unfortunately.

Yes, their pick 1 in 2024 will easily satisfy Swans over what we’ll have.

Need to be in it to win it.

Yeah but I’d wait to do it on actual draft night. That way you’re getting the player you want.

I wonder if our ego would get in the way of value. Clearly we should trade out the Pies F1 first if an opportunity presents.

Our 2024 1st could easily be a top 6 pick.
Under no circumstance do they trade OUR future 1st. I also wouldn’t personally wait till draft night, you might get a specific player but the premium on that is nuts.

Have a standing offer for Norths 15 for Pies pick if they can’t get a trade done for 1.

If (sounds likely) McDonald (or is is Mac?) becomes available next year, expect the weags to move heaven and earth to try and get him as a long term partner to Allen. I don’t think it’s going to be as easy as us having good draft capital unfortunately.
I think if he comes back, it will be to us. They’ve been all over him since the draft

Under no circumstance do they trade OUR future 1st. I also wouldn’t personally wait till draft night, you might get a specific player but the premium on that is nuts.

Have a standing offer for Norths 15 for Pies pick if they can’t get a trade done for 1.

Can work 2 ways. Yes, probable premium but say it gets to pick 25 and someone is there that we really wanted and have ‘slid’ we could jump in with Pies F1 and highly likely get the player and a F2 for example. Is it a ‘premium’ if we would’ve grabbed them with a hypothetical pick 15 anyway?

It’s kind of what GC did when drafting Sharp who they rated very highly. Not their fault exactly that he didn’t end up being what they hoped for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a parallel universe which is Freocentric -

Monday morning JUH asks to be traded to the Swans.

Swans lacking draft capital release McDonald a year early knowing he’s likely to leave anyway.

We only give up our F1.

Schultz remains for 2024. Pies refuse to budge, so we hold.

We then sit down with Saints and show film of Ross in let’s say… awkward positions! Saints panic and agree to release Henry for pick 13 (Henry would go on to play a further 27 games of AFL across the next 4 years). We use 13 on some winger who would go on to win the Rising Star after Eagles hold 1 and Reid suffers a season ending injury in round 3.

Fyfe returns to form and hits the scoreboard with an impressive 31 goals 8 behinds playing predominantly from the middle. Not bad considering Amiss and McDonald combine for 100 goals.

Port tumble down the ladder to finish 17th. We celebrate having pick 2 in 2024.

Freo make an absurd run at the finals and slice through to a GF.

We meet the red hot Pies. Schultz wins Norm Smith and we piss it in by 14 points.

Banfield wins an award for his charity work despite not playing a game of AFL in 2024.

Tattoo parlours are inundated with requests for ‘Freopeat 24-26’ as the go early masses bring a frenzy not seen since the Prince of Pockets days.

The Vic media give credit.

Life is good.

freopeat, thats gold
Awesome Hand GIF by Studio Flox

I’ve been thinking about Walls not being a great negotiator, I wonder if it’s because he has so much faith in his own ability to pluck a replacement player from the draft he doesn’t have the same value of draft picks as the rest of us do?
For all we know, he’s not interested in Collard and has a dossier of players he wants to pick who are all in the 35-60 range. When you look at the market for KPD at the moment, it’s great that he can pluck a Davies with a pick in the 40’s while others are wasting 1st round picks on DGB or Busslinger. Knobel looks to have all the tools to be a great ruck in 4-5 years. And Emmett and Wagner have already shown their ability.
Maybe we should just trust in what he’s doing and not lose our marbles every time we trade away our picks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back