List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread - Pt2 Now With Added Wailing & Gnashing of Teeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dockers fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve been thinking about Walls not being a great negotiator, I wonder if it’s because he has so much faith in his own ability to pluck a replacement player from the draft he doesn’t have the same value of draft picks as the rest of us do?
For all we know, he’s not interested in Collard and has a dossier of players he wants to pick who are all in the 35-60 range. When you look at the market for KPD at the moment, it’s great that he can pluck a Davies with a pick in the 40’s while others are wasting 1st round picks on DGB or Busslinger. Knobel looks to have all the tools to be a great ruck in 4-5 years. And Emmett and Wagner have already shown their ability.
Maybe we should just trust in what he’s doing and not lose our marbles every time we trade away our picks!
Agree with your broader point about Walls in general, but really not sure how you can say Davies is a great pick while DBG or busslinger are not?!
I mean, Hugh Davies is totally unproven isn’t he? Never even played an AFL game yet.
Yeah DGB looks a bad pick at this stage but still just 3 years in. Young for a KPP.
Busslinger - no different to Davies. Doggies fans are pretty happy with Busslinger so far from what I understand

The question isn't what it will take for us to lure McDonald either this year or next, it's what will Sydney have to pay the Dogs to have poached Naughton this season or Ugle-Hagan next season?

If Sydney want to buy him next year, we should put our three picks next year on the table for him this season.

Freo F1, Port F1, Pies F1 to Sydney for Logan McDonald and F2

But we make it clear that there won't be those three picks in our hand come the end of the draft, one of them at least will be buying a pick in the latter half of the first round.

In a parallel universe which is Freocentric -

Monday morning JUH asks to be traded to the Swans.

Swans lacking draft capital release McDonald a year early knowing he’s likely to leave anyway.

We only give up our F1.

Schultz remains for 2024. Pies refuse to budge, so we hold.

We then sit down with Saints and show film of Ross in let’s say… awkward positions! Saints panic and agree to release Henry for pick 13 (Henry would go on to play a further 27 games of AFL across the next 4 years). We use 13 on some winger who would go on to win the Rising Star after Eagles hold 1 and Reid suffers a season ending injury in round 3.

Fyfe returns to form and hits the scoreboard with an impressive 31 goals 8 behinds playing predominantly from the middle. Not bad considering Amiss and McDonald combine for 100 goals.

Port tumble down the ladder to finish 17th. We celebrate having pick 2 in 2024.

Freo make an absurd run at the finals and slice through to a GF.

We meet the red hot Pies. Schultz wins Norm Smith and we piss it in by 14 points.

Banfield wins an award for his charity work despite not playing a game of AFL in 2024.

Tattoo parlours are inundated with requests for ‘Freopeat 24-26’ as the go early masses bring a frenzy not seen since the Prince of Pockets days.

The Vic media give credit.

Life is good.

I think all of this is completely achievable, highly likely even…. Except the “Vic media give credit” part.
Will never happen I’m afraid🤷‍♂️
The rest though, lock it in.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think all of this is completely achievable, highly likely even…. Except the “Vic media give credit” part.
Will never happen I’m afraid🤷‍♂️
The rest though, lock it in.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah, I wanted 1 part of it to be completely irrational so that it was obvious satire.

We all know someone, somewhere has Ross footage! My bet is Banfield, but it exists!

Agree with your broader point about Walls in general, but really not sure how you can say Davies is a great pick while DBG or busslinger are not?!
I mean, Hugh Davies is totally unproven isn’t he? Never even played an AFL game yet.
Yeah DGB looks a bad pick at this stage but still just 3 years in. Young for a KPP.
Busslinger - no different to Davies. Doggies fans are pretty happy with Busslinger so far from what I understand
Not having a go at busslinger, just pointing out we got a very similar player 30 picks further back in the draft, I think they’ll both be fine players in a few years time.
It’s more the mindset of Walls I’m trying to understand.

Perhaps Walls would be happy with 35+F2 for Henry as it means we strengthen our hand next year (to make a play for LMC) as well as giving him pick at the point he thinks he can get player x from his dossier.

He’s already plucked Stanley from the MSD to fill Henry’s wing role.

It’s completely irrelevant what picks WC have next year. McDonald is out of contract and gets to the team he wants to get to. Also, as we’ve seen, if they had pick 1, they wouldn’t do it anyway. Already said they wouldn’t do pick 2 for Jackson if he had have picked them

It’s completely irrelevant what picks WC have next year. McDonald is out of contract and gets to the team he wants to get to. Also, as we’ve seen, if they had pick 1, they wouldn’t do it anyway. Already said they wouldn’t do pick 2 for Jackson if he had have picked them

That’s because they were no chance.

If Jackson wanted Eagles they’d have 100% given up pick 2.

You make it it sound like Mcdonald has already chosen fremantle at the end of next season

You make it it sound like Mcdonald has already chosen fremantle at the end of next season
No, just saying in any McDonald trade it’s irrelevant to us. He either stays, picks WC or picks us, whatever happens the picks WC have don’t impact us at all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a bit like Brockman to the Eagles, he is happy to play in a crap team for the next couple of years and get paid to have stuff all pressure and expectation on his output…
I wanted him at Freo, but when he was adamant it was West Coast, in the sitcho - something going on there with player and manager

It’s a bit like Brockman to the Eagles, he is happy to play in a crap team for the next couple of years and get paid to have stuff all pressure and expectation on his output…
I wanted him at Freo, but when he was adamant it was West Coast, in the sitcho - something going on there with player and manager

When your good mates with and your role model is Ryan from WCE well that’s a massive red flag and a sign to stay away from Brockman in my eyes anyway !

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I gotta be honest, a forward line with Amiss, McDonald and Treacy rustles my jimmies to no small degree.
I don't think Treacy will be able to fit into the forwardline. Even if you move Jackson to the midfield you still have to rest Darcy there.

I was sure the club would offer up Taberner to Richmond this offseason but then realized that the Tigers have diddly squat...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back