List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod notice after Mr Bob did a lot of annoying work in moving days of posts out of here. As we are heading into offseason, this thread is for 2023 list management only. Getting upset on previous trades can be taken to the vent thread. Lets keep this thread on track in the part of the year it's actually relevant

Last edited:
Has kicked 41 goals in the VFL this year. From his highlights looks a natural goal kicker, might be a bit short for KPP height though at 190cm.
He plays absolutely nothing like a KPF from what I saw last year tbh.

Wasn't overly impressed by him at AFL level. Plenty of players have dominated the lower leagues but are shite in the AFL. He's young I guess.

...didn't you used to detest Lyon?
You've either got me confused with someone else or you're wrong.
It doesn't matter which, it's the same as the 15 or so people responding with likes to some perennially wrong poster calling me a troll, or another perennially wrong poster claiming I have ten accounts. The easiest way to pretend we're not a feeder club is to shoot the messenger pointing it out rather than deal with the message. I've done the same myself over the years, often. It's human nature on the interwebz.

You've either got me confused with someone else or you're wrong.
It doesn't matter which, it's the same as the 15 or so people responding with likes to some perennially wrong poster calling me a troll, or another perennially wrong poster claiming I have ten accounts. The easiest way to pretend we're not a feeder club is to shoot the messenger pointing it out rather than deal with the message. I've done the same myself over the years, often. It's human nature on the interwebz.
But if you are a new poster how do you know who is perennially wrong?

Chevy Chase Reaction GIF

What I like about the people who come on a forum all in a single-issue tizzy is not how self-righteous and monomaniacal they are. Well, not just that.

It’s imagining that little moment when they decide that this, this particular line to peddle, is the schtick they are going to create their new online character around.

It’s the same character, of course - outlaw truth-teller, lone seer - but the new peg they choose to hang their hat on is always amusing.

You can see them having an aha moment so powerful they just have to crank up the new profile.

“I have truth to tell.”

One post where they repeat the elevator pitch 6 or 7 times and they shoot their shot.

Imagine. It must have seemed so worth it.

More wrongness. Where did I say I was new? I said I am not a troll and I don't have multiple accounts.
Didn't we already go through this? You're that Silent Alarm fella.

Stop changing accounts.

What I like about the people who come on a forum all in a single-issue tizzy is not how self-righteous and monomaniacal they are. Well, not just that.

It’s imagining that little moment when they decide that this, this particular line to peddle, is the schtick they are going to create their new online character around.

It’s the same character, of course - outlaw truth-teller, lone seer - but the new peg they choose to hang their hat on is always amusing.

You can see them having an aha moment so powerful they just have to crank up the new profile.

“I have truth to tell.”

One post where they repeat the elevator pitch 6 or 7 times and they shoot their shot.

Here it is. Post of the Year.

“I have truth to tell.”

Do you still go around claiming people should pay you for your writing? Take it from me, you need a professional editor. Some of it's good, but overall it's too needy, too many thesaurus words to make you proper money.
Anyway I know an ostrich flock sticking together when I see one and clearly I'm in the minority and we're not a feeder club at all. So best of luck for the happiest two months of the year ahead for you my Freo BF friends, trade and draft periods.
And poor Silent Alarm, getting mistaken for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any Weagles rejects we want pick up off the scrap heap..lol

How about Sam Petrevski-Seton
During his draft year we were all so keen on him. Damn did his career go no where. I think I remember him saying that he wanted to go to a big Victorian club rather than freo. Getting drafted by Carlton was the worst thing to happen to his career.

During his draft year we were all so keen on him. Damn did his career go no where. I think I remember him saying that he wanted to go to a big Victorian club rather than freo. Getting drafted by Carlton was the worst thing to happen to his career.
I watched a couple of games earlier in the year he played quite well for West Coast,thought at the time he is better than Henry.
Henry finished much better than SPS though.He might be worth another chance and will be a cheap Henry replacement.

Mumbles and Bell don't have anything to do with how the NGA works. Mumbles and Bell are absolutely emblematic of where we are as an irrelevant feeder club. And the only reason people get so upset on here about these concessions certain clubs get is because they recognise whilst our club is an irrelevant feeder club like GCS, we don't even get the concessions they do. So damn right, we can get mad about that like we get angry about biased umpiring or MRP decisions or fixtures that systematically screw us over. But is that the real direction our anger should be aimed at?
People don't like to admit it but if you think about it rationally, the eagles are more likely to win their fifth flag before we win our first because even though they are historically s**t now and won't win it soon, history proves they're not an irrelevant feeder club. Irrelevant feeder clubs don't win flags.
First, well done on grabbing some attention. Goal achieved.

Second, alluding to rationality in your post is a bit hard to take seriously given the amount of dramatic over-categorising and unsupported assertions holding it up.

The thing about being a "feeder club" is something that can be changed. Brisbane was seemingly a "feeder club" until they flipped it and became a "destination club". Individuals are dynamic and there's plenty we don't see from the outside.

I really liked the way the Power vs Swans pitch to Grundy was described on SEN, very basically the Power said "come to us and you'll be the main man on the field", whereas Sydney sold lifestyle, business opportunities etc "you can have the best of both worlds and we'll make sure we link you up with business leaders and opportunities to set you up to live your best life". The Swans pitch is what we should be doing, but it needs to be more than just words. It should be a fully organised set-up and integrated across the club.

Top 10 in his draft year in both the 20m sprint and 2k time trial is a good start for a winger

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That's great that he's athletic, but he can't even get a game at Gold Coast so obviously can't play footy. Call me old fashioned, but I much prefer footy players over athletes.

I watched a couple of games earlier in the year he played quite well for West Coast,thought at the time he is better than Henry.
Henry finished much better than SPS though.He might be worth another chance and will be a cheap Henry replacement.
In the first derby this season he played so well I didn't even recognise him. But he dropped way away.

I really liked the way the Power vs Swans pitch to Grundy was described on SEN, very basically the Power said "come to us and you'll be the main man on the field", whereas Sydney sold lifestyle, business opportunities etc "you can have the best of both worlds and we'll make sure we link you up with business leaders and opportunities to set you up to live your best life". The Swans pitch is what we should be doing, but it needs to be more than just words. It should be a fully organised set-up and integrated across the club.
One of the lures Sydney sometimes use is the relative anonymity of living in a large, non-AFL city. Effectively "You can be yourself here and no-one will care (notice)."

We can't do that but we sure can sell the lifestyle better - and not just the beaches and the relaxed nature of the joint. Sell the ability to set yourself up for life in a growing city with immense opportunity blah blah blah. That and the topflight snatch.

Don't like to disagree but he constantly underwhelms and has past his age of potential development. We want either a proven performer with another 5 years of good service to give or someone young with substantial upside. SPS is not a has-been, he is a never-was, never-will-be. And I can't bear his f*n hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back