List Mgmt. 2023 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could argue that Jack isn’t in our best 22 (I think you’d be wrong), but you can’t argue that he wouldn’t be first emergency for all of Charlie, H, Pitto, TDK and Jack Martin.

And what are the chances of all those 5 playing 26 games next year?

Totally agree, but what gets missed in this, what does Jack want? Jack might not want to be a break glass player, he might want to have a regular spot and a multi year deal.

If as above he isn’t in the best 22, perhaps he doesn’t like the offer that has been expressed to him.

I have flip and flopped whether we look a better side when he’s 2nd ruck or not, the first half of the year we weren’t and more recently we have. I hope he stays as I feel he doesn’t have to improve much to be a very good player.

But how many suitors that are finals bound that would be able to guarantee Jack more assurance?? Collingwood might just be the only team where Jack could play as 2nd ruck and if we allow a Silvagni to wear black and white stripes we should hang our heads in shame.

Totally agree, but what gets missed in this, what does Jack want? Jack might not want to be a break glass player, he might want to have a regular spot and a multi year deal.

If as above he isn’t in the best 22, perhaps he doesn’t like the offer that has been expressed to him.

I have flip and flopped whether we look a better side when he’s 2nd ruck or not, the first half of the year we weren’t and more recently we have. I hope he stays as I feel he doesn’t have to improve much to be a very good player.
Jack will be a break glass player in any good side. He is a utility. He will only be a permanent fwd or onballer in a crap side. I doubt he wants that. He can smell we are on the cusp of success. I am not sure money is a motivator for someone with his connections. Besides he is blue through and through. Carlton might sack Silvagnis but Silvagnis do not elect to leave Carlton

I mean if you’re a player like Sam Flanders, I’d be doing everything I can to come over to us. We want him, and we are a big club that’s up and about. He would be silly not to

Let’s see how it plays out

I’m not so sure H is in our best “team”

Feel like we unleash King Carey, sorry Curnow when he’s not in

I know that sounds stupid and probably well is but Charlie just absolutely dominates when he’s on his own

Feel like a couple of mckays snap out on the fulls would’ve been demoralising yesterday too

I know that sounds stupid and probably well is but Charlie just absolutely dominates when he’s on his own

Feel like a couple of mckays snap out on the fulls would’ve been demoralising yesterday too
hes in our best team. just have to structure correctly

I rekon Harry would’ve kicked about 4 goals where TDK stuffed up yesterday. Also teams will work out how to shutdown Curnow if we become reliant on him.

What I have never understood is why people want to see Curnow up the ground. Since the day he walked into the club his best footy has been when he has been played closer to goal. McKay against Freo and Hawthorn looked brilliant pushing up the ground. Curnow is our number 1 and plays where he fits best, McKay plays the other role.
Everyone looks better when we are winning though.

I’d like to keep him because he’s a good player …

And to be fair to JSOS he plays a very difficult position - most half forwards go through good patches and lean patches - hard to be consistent like a mid - and there’s not even 18 players who can do what he does so not every team can even have a tall half forward who can also be a third tall inside 50. If we don’t re-sign him then we will have to play a little differently as we won’t really be able to find a younger version of him anyway.

What I do know is if we do play Finals I would want Jack in the team because I know he’s going to set the bar high for effort and sometimes his third and fourth efforts create goals out of nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I rekon Harry would’ve kicked about 4 goals where TDK stuffed up yesterday. Also teams will work out how to shutdown Curnow if we become reliant on him.

What I have never understood is why people want to see Curnow up the ground. Since the day he walked into the club his best footy has been when he has been played closer to goal. McKay against Freo and Hawthorn looked brilliant pushing up the ground. Curnow is our number 1 and plays where he fits best, McKay plays the other role.
This is exactly right. Harry is highly effective working up the ground, adding a dimension to our ball movement which was lacking last night. While capable up the ground, Charlie is super dangerous in the forward fifty. Having the ability to change it up at will is however a wonderful thing.

The BS doing the rounds that we are better off without Harry is just that.

I absolutely want to keep Jack Silvagni for so many reasons. He is a real option and often weapon playing the second ruck role. For the next year or two, at least, I would love a model allowing TDK to be “the man” one week, yet play predominantly forward the next to allow Pitto to strut his stuff.

Depending on structures, Jack either spends time playing predominantly forward or perhaps assumes the sub role on days we play both of the big boppas.I have long thought we need to embrace a rotation policy, there is no reason why it should not apply to the rucks.

Part of the reason for our last six weeks has been the often “forced” rotation of players. Very few players, if any, should play every game.

Just on JSOS, is there any other player in the AFL who, as a 3rd tall forward has been asked to play 2nd ruck as consistently as he has?

Yes, he has room for improvement as a 3rd tall, but he's taken on any role asked of him in great stride.

So, as a 3rd tall or even if you want to persevere with him as 2nd ruck, he has a spot on our list because players as versatile as him (come on, he's also essentially playing as an inside mid when rucking) are not as common as you think.

He bleeds for the jumper and gives his all. He's someone you want around the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just on JSOS, is there any other player in the AFL who, as a 3rd tall forward has been asked to play 2nd ruck as consistently as he has?

Yes, he has room for improvement as a 3rd tall, but he's taken on any role asked of him in great stride.

So, as a 3rd tall or even if you want to persevere with him as 2nd ruck, he has a spot on our list because players as versatile as him (come on, he's also essentially playing as an inside mid when rucking) are not as common as you think.

He bleeds for the jumper and gives his all. He's someone you want around the club.
Also liking that in the couple of reserves games he has played recently, he has played back. Truly developing as a “Swiss army knife” within the 23.

Don't think we need 15 changes to this list
We don’t even need your 7 or 8. Will be more likely 4-5 main list maximum. Ed to drop off, some chance Nigel goes if we draft a KPD option. There will likely be some internal shuffling around the rookie list to facilitate statutory requirements over the next two seasons.

So I guess we could reach 7 changes.

Retaining TDK may result in a popular player being squeezed out of the squad because of salary cap restraints.

Quite telling that Charlie talked up Caleb Marchbank at every opportunity in the post match interviews. Plenty to play out yet.

And to be fair to JSOS he plays a very difficult position - most half forwards go through good patches and lean patches - hard to be consistent like a mid - and there’s not even 18 players who can do what he does so not every team can even have a tall half forward who can also be a third tall inside 50. If we don’t re-sign him then we will have to play a little differently as we won’t really be able to find a younger version of him anyway.

What I do know is if we do play Finals I would want Jack in the team because I know he’s going to set the bar high for effort and sometimes his third and fourth efforts create goals out of nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

JSOS just needs to do the basics right, take his marks & kick accurately for goal when playing as a forward.

Unfort this has let him down most of his career but a good turnaround with our recent improvements.,

If we assess Jack as a third tall forward, his output isn’t good enough in my opinion, it’s when he’s judged on being second ruck that he has a real position.

Jacks last 5 games he’s been fantastic, if he’s not tucking though, I don’t see how we play three tall forwards and two rucks.

Jack would have been more effectual last night than Pitto in the team

It does seem like a waste when he is outside the 50, but early last night he was being double teamed by Murphy and Moore inside 50. It was his ability to run one out, take a mark upfield, and be a dangerous field kick that frustrated their double team. He and Harry will have to take turns at that to keep defenses guessing. Even one of them doing that is a nightmare for any defense.

I think Harry will improve now that we are getting entries into the centre of the ground. He was missing shots, but many were 40+ out and on the boundary. Not great for confidence

We don’t even need your 7 or 8. Will be more likely 4-5 main list maximum. Ed to drop off, some chance Nigel goes if we draft a KPD option. There will likely be some internal shuffling around the rookie list to facilitate statutory requirements over the next two seasons.

So I guess we could reach 7 changes.

Retaining TDK may result in a popular player being squeezed out of the squad because of salary cap restraints.

Quite telling that Charlie talked up Caleb Marchbank at every opportunity in the post match interviews. Plenty to play out yet.
Weiters on SEN just then gave Marchy a special mention as well saying was great to have him back as it allows him greater freedom to play the intercept role. Clearly highly regarded by the senior guys in the club. If he holds together for remainder of the season you would give him another year. Was rusty last night but again clearly glimpses of elite defender capability.
McGovern has held up, Martin and Cunners as well .....(so far) maybe sakc Russell has managed to finally get Marchy up to scratch as well. I hope so. Some of his marking last night was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back