List Mgmt. 2023 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny how 'not a big priority' goes to 'top priority' within the blink of an eye (in this case, one practice match). I think there's a lesson in list management discussions there, somewhere. Opportunity has always been more important than absolute need, IMO.

the fact that you are right is proof of how much work there is still to do on. the list - I dont rate him at all.
His 5 year contract extension flabbergasted me, it would need to be cheapish, to be considered a priority.

edit. It wasn't a 5 year extension, but he signed a contract in 2020 that expires in 2025.(that's a bloody long contract for someone of his status)

Last edited:
I think the club shouldnt put any expectations on itself and OR let the other football teams and the wider football world / community know where it is expecting to finish the season .. I think it puts unnecessary pressure on players and that can affect both development and performance on and off the field especially on .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hows this for positive.

We will play finals this year. I expect it, and confident that we will.

The pre season game wasnt amazing, and particularly compared to our preseason performances entering 2022 season, which showed a clear change in performance to be expected in regular season.

We should beat Richmond R1 and we should expect to, if we are to be amongst the top 8.

I do have reservations on parts of the list, and regardless of our success, it will be trimmed, modified and improved upon come seasons end. Thats called balance.

Geelong added Bruhn, Henry, Bowes and Jhye Clark and they were premiers.

So lets keep the club honest, keep pushing for improvement, and celebrate success when it comes. And I'm sure it will.

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk
Geelong have a limitless salary cap though!

Himmelberg or even McKay would be great pick-ups, but they would be more wants than needs

I'd prefer we target players with speed and high level foot skills
I think we definitely need a pace player out of the middle and can go forward

Doesn’t need to be petracca level good but a solid 20-25 goals and 20 touches

Hows this for positive.

The pre season game wasnt amazing, and particularly compared to our preseason performances entering 2022 season, which showed a clear change in performance to be expected in regular season.

We should beat Richmond R1 and we should expect to, if we are to be amongst the top 8.

I do have reservations on parts of the list, and regardless of our success, it will be trimmed, modified and improved upon come seasons end. Thats called balance.

So lets keep the club honest, keep pushing for improvement, and celebrate success when it comes. And I'm sure it will.

l am pretty sure that with all the changes made at the club 18 months ago in most of key roles, we saw strong improvement last year & rightfully we would expect to be top 6 this year & challenging, if this is not achieved sure we would need to reassess, in the interim let's support the direction we are heading in & rather than the negativity surrounding a meaningless trial game.

Most players have deficiencies and or scope for improvement, but when you consider our injury prone types and or players that struggle at the level, think Fisher deserves some credit for having a decent year in 2022
Of course & credit to anyone who improves themselves - defensive pressure is a non-negotiable for his role & it'd go some way to turning him from role player to potential match winner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moving right along, yeah it is pointless.

1 side of the argument acknowledges reality. His time with us, just like Gibbs was good.

They dont magically become terrible players when they exit the club. Thats the other side of the argument.

As for calling people loonies. Might want to consider your choice of language.

Open forum, discussing facts with evidence.

What we want is balanced viewpoints dont we ?

Lets close the Jones discussion now, and shift to current day list mgt. Enjoy the sun people!

Jones would presently be an upgrade, no doubt at all - he's just about the only KPD that I've seen dominate a game for us - I feel he was incredibly underrated whilst with us & is even more so now.
He isn't with us anymore & we may end up regretting it but there's not a lot that we can do at the present point in time.
This is why I personally don't consider it a point worthy of debating, if Young isn't up to it, I'd sooner focus on potential recruits than focus on players no longer with the club.

Last edited:
I wonder if Ed Richards OOC would be a player we'd be looking at as that lockdown small/mid sized defender we've needed for some time. Excellent kick and has some dash to him although he doesn't use it as often as someone like Saady.

Certainly be a good replacement for Newman/Plow

Anyone know what the situation is with Kemp? Haven't seen or heard much of him. Is he injured? When we recruited him, although he was recovering from an ACL, the expectations of him were very high. What's his best position, forward or defence, and midfield. Been with us now for 3 years, and hasn't come on. Just concerned he may be a Bust.

I think the club shouldnt put any expectations on itself and OR let the other football teams and the wider football world / community know where it is expecting to finish the season .. I think it puts unnecessary pressure on players and that can affect both development and performance on and off the field especially on .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can’t agree. Need to embrace our successful history, expectations of long term success and put behind us this mental fragility of fearing both. This is the CARLTON FC for ffs.

I wonder if Ed Richards OOC would be a player we'd be looking at as that lockdown small/mid sized defender we've needed for some time. Excellent kick and has some dash to him although he doesn't use it as often as someone like Saady.

Certainly be a good replacement for Newman/Plow
I posted about Richards a while ago, got the reply "extremely dislikes us because of his filth family connection, deliberately sabotaged his draft interview with us so we would not take him". Pretty compelling, not much chance me thinks.

Anyone know what the situation is with Kemp? Haven't seen or heard much of him. Is he injured? When we recruited him, although he was recovering from an ACL, the expectations of him were very high. What's his best position, forward or defence, and midfield. Been with us now for 3 years, and hasn't come on. Just concerned he may be a Bust.
Kemp played in the VFL game vs Pies and didn't set the world on fire apparently. Didn't get picked for the Blacktown trip.

Hows this for positive.

needs work but an improvement.....

Kemp played in the VFL game vs Pies and didn't set the world on fire apparently. Didn't get picked for the Blacktown trip.
I thought Kemp was a late withdrawal from the Pies 2s game last week although there’s been Radio silence from the club. Otherwise not getting picked with Gov and Marchy out and behind Plowman in the third defender role is a bit of a concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back