List Mgmt. 2023 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were both players on the fringe of their respective sides at that time.
Yes they were GB, which made it very smart recruiting by the swans, identifying their talents and landing them for bargains…
Both astute pickups, both integral premiership players and Kennedy an absolute class player for his entire career with them…

Yeah I'm getting nervous about both.

More so about JSOS, I was expecting him to be given a contract during the preseason
He has a very shrewd father who knows the game and would be giving him, advice and I reckon it's in Jacks interest to test the market and see what would be available elsewhere prior to putting pen to paper.

He has a very shrewd father who knows the game and would be giving him, advice and I reckon it's in Jacks interest to test the market and see what would be available elsewhere prior to putting pen to paper.

For sure. The guys we sign early we no doubt get for a discount. A guy like Young could have gotten big offers if he had a good year but is obviously happy to trade the prospect of more money for security.

Any offer we make Silvagni now would need to be pretty moderate. He is obviously happy to back his ability and see if he can get a better offer (from us or elsewhere). It's the smart play. With his versatility even a bad year won't see him off an AFL list so there isn't a heap of downside for him.

For sure. The guys we sign early we no doubt get for a discount. A guy like Young could have gotten big offers if he had a good year but is obviously happy to trade the prospect of more money for security.

Any offer we make Silvagni now would need to be pretty moderate. He is obviously happy to back his ability and see if he can get a better offer (from us or elsewhere). It's the smart play. With his versatility even a bad year won't see him off an AFL list so there isn't a heap of downside for him.

The club would also be holding onto any spare change in the hope that TDK has a breakout year and we pay him what he deserves to be paid, if TDK flops or demands to be traded then Jack will know the piece of the pie available will be somewhat larger. I could also see SOS thinking Jack might just be the perfect decoy for Max King at St Kilda and if our offer is insulting and the Saints are prepared to pony up it would not at all surprise me to see him leave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the swans are interested in tdk and prepared to offer him a long term deal then they must be confident they can help him improve to around near his full potential. And we all know the potential tdk has. He could become a superstar of the comp.

Certainly has the athleticism so if he can improve his marking/kicking he will be a real weapon up front.

He can jump too so with a bit of work he can become a very good Ruckman too.

TBH, I think he's got CHB written all over him. Don't see him ever being a permanent number 1 ruckman. Can still be the chop out ruck option for the main guy though. But CHB is his long term home IMO. Hopefully for Carlton.

So if anyone missed it on Classified, in short; Damo going with Swans, Hawks and Saints into TDK. Apparently SOS said he will offer good money for TDK, said offer he might not be able to refuse. Then Damo went with our interest in Ben McKay, seemingly if our cap allows.

So if anyone missed it on Classified, in short; Damo going with Swans, Hawks and Saints into TDK. Apparently SOS said he will offer good money for TDK, said offer he might not be able to refuse. Then Damo went with our interest in Ben McKay, seemingly if our cap allows.

Interesting part on Jack Silvagni giving up the Caminiti training efforts vs Weiters.
Insider trading by SOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back