Half-forwards:Jack MartinCharlie CurnowSam Docherty
Forwards:Matthew OwiesHarry McKayTom De Koning
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraEd Curnow
Interchange:Matthew CottrellMatthew KennedyJesse Motlop
Lewis Young
Emergencies:Lachie CowanPaddy DowLachie Fogarty
Jack Silvagni

Last edited:

That’s about as expected, very surprising Martin is named- he’s so far under done it’s not funny.
Feel for Binns, deserves a call up.
Hope Vossy remembers the crowds response to Dow if he thinks he can drop him
Dow and Kennedy have to be in the 22 this week, no idea which other emg. deserve a game.(not real impressed with Cotts and Mots lately)
No Fish and LOB is a step in the right direction, but Ed(wtf is going on?)

Clearly the Match Committee see something in Jack Martin that supporters dont. Btw who is on the Match Committee ?

I love Ed he’s been a warrior but seriously this is why we supporters get riled up.

Binns should’ve been an automatic in.

Martin is so underdone should’ve been subbed at best.

I think we know where Fisher is next year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I reckon the plan might be to sub him out, provided of course we don’t get an injury.

I’m surprised there is no Marchy more than anything as I thought he’s ready to go.

Clearly the Match Committee see something in Jack Martin that supporters dont. Btw who is on the Match Committee ?
Not surprised Martin named, at club dinner last night it was noted he was under consideration. I’m sorry a 50% Martin has more chance of kicking goals than the other four fwds around the Coleman boys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ed… says a lot about where we are.

I guess he’s gonna be Merrett’s jocks all night as I see no other reason for him to be in the team.
Even that is not a good enough reason, let them worry about stopping us- not focus on stopping them.
The defensive mindset is a defeatist attitude.
It’s * we should be going to war, looking to blow them off the field & let them chase us, while we bring the pain!

And no Binns because?
I'm okay with it.

If people heard the Ebert interview before the VFL match against Willi a few weeks back, you get the general gist that they feel he's not yet ready for the cut and thrust of AFL.

He's playing some really good footy right now in the VFL - and the match committee are no doubt well aware of that - but as much as we'd love to see him debut, I'm putting my trust in the development coaches to assess whether he's ready. I'd hate to see the kid get smashed just because we're impatient.

Fisher out, tick
O'Brien out, don't agree, but it's not going to revolutionise the team either, it's just vastly less shit than Fisher and Cottrell IMO.

Ed guaranteed in, cross, just not up to it physically right now.
Pittonet guaranteed in, cross: week off on the legs, but has a hand problem and doesn't solve 2-ruck system vs solo-ruck with support cast
Martin guaranteed in, cross, has no calves and spent the VFL game struggling to contribute on the wing... all bar 2 disposals were handballs!

Dow, Kennedy, Young is where I would go with the bench, would expect Silvagni and Fogarty aren't in the running for the 4th spot and Jesse looks cooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back