Autopsy 2023 Rd 20 Blues beat flag favourites and move into the 8

Who played well for the Blues in Round 20 vs the Pies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He did okay but did have a few clangers last night. Needs to improve his decision making and composure with the ball.
Dow just needs to be more handball dominant(he's elite), he's starting to adjust to the AFL pace now, displayed some of his clever footwork and elusiveness through heavy traffic on Friday night.
Hope Austin can persuade him to take a pay cut and remain a Blue. He's miles ahead of Carroll.(our other backup mid)

Last edited:

I wish the Peter Mac foundation would distance itself from Richard Pratt. Pratt pleaded guilty to biggest corporate fine i in Australian history in 2007 and died facing serious criminal charges.He was a stain on the club and brings a stink to Peter Mac as well. This shouldn't be forgotten as we move on as a modern footy club.
But money …

Dow just needs to be more handball dominant(he's elite), he's starting to adjust to the AFL pace now, displayed some of his clever footwork and elusiveness through heavy traffic on Friday night.
Hope Austin can persuade him to take a pay cut and remain a Blue. He's miles ahead of Carroll.
Interesting commentary in Pommies review - named our best & Dow was in the small group he mentioned. Avg’d 30m gained per disposal & was rapt he kept getting it out the hot zone.

Interesting commentary in Pommies review - named our best & Dow was in the small group he mentioned. Avg’d 30m gained per disposal & was rapt he kept getting it out the hot zone.
A few of his disposals by foot were a bit loose, but at least they created a 50/50 contest in front of goal, not a bomb straight into the arms of black and white jumpers, like some others.

I dont normally look at other results as our fate is really in our own hands if we keep winning but, it would be nice if the Dawks rolled the Aints this week and Melb took care of the Tiggers. That would provide a little bit of breathing space.
No we want the tigers to roll the demons and loosen fourth spot up.

We back ourselves to keep winning now. Fourth spot is up for grabs given we play demons in 2 weeks. And they aren't that good

Hollands is the Second Coming of Kade Simpson, have no doubt about it

On SM-A136B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hollands will be better than Simpson as he is a stronger more dynamic footballer.
Hollands is the second coming of David Glascot, the most under rated player of the last 50 years. A player, who appears a B grader but is really an A grader

Copped an infraction last night, a tad bourbon related, reminded the flogs on their board that that two flags in 60 years hardly represents success, oh and brought to their attention the significance of 1910....flogs sooked it up
Ha ha ha talk about taking one for the team! Good on ya mate, heading into that nest of vipers to tell them a few home truths.:grinv1:

Watched it with jshster - always good to have a Pies fan in the room at times like this.
(But really he's a good friend and we always have a good chat about what's actually happening on the field rather than banter. And drink beer.)

87k people and he got his wallet back.
I’ve lost/found my wallet too many times for it to be luck.

We had a home burglary ( when we were at home ) when living in Drummond St.

My wallet was the only thing stolen off the fridge, it having been lost/found several times before.

6 months later the police called me to say it had been recovered in a city laneway - my wallet found with my identity , sans a little cash.

Somebody has to study this phenomenon.

Brian Cox would say it’s something to do with bending the time/space continuum …

Ergo - our identities travel through time, money doesn’t…

ITK tells me this the logic used convincing TDK to sign ;).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha ha ha talk about taking one for the team! Good on ya mate, heading into that nest of vipers to tell them a few home truths.:grinv1:
Thanks Irish, that's my heritage 75% Tipperary with a guest pass care of His Majesty in 1817....

Little Dirty has coined a new nick name for The Golden Child, 'Softcos", he wants me to cop another for the team and post it 'over there'.

A few of his disposals by foot were a bit loose, but at least they created a 50/50 contest in front of goal, not a bomb straight into the arms of black and white jumpers, like some others.
Agree. I remember Carrazzo used to get a bit of the ball and was a bit iffy with his disposals, and eventually developed into a good midfielder. Some players take more time than others and Dow may never be as good as Cerra, Walsh etc. but can still be good contributor. We need to him to be over the next few weeks while Chez and Walshy recover.

I'm still pretty much buzzing after this win. I really do think this is our most satisfying win since the 2013 elimination final.

It sure does feel like we're watching the giant finally start to awaken. The holy trinity of Sayers, Cook and Voss are about to lead us back to the promised land.

Agree. I remember Carrazzo used to get a bit of the ball and was a bit iffy with his disposals, and eventually developed into a good midfielder. Some players take more time than others and Dow may never be as good as Cerra, Walsh etc. but can still be good contributor. We need to him to be over the next few weeks while Chez and Walshy recover.
I'd much prefer to keep Dow on the list, trade Carroll, LOB and Fish and retire Ed.
Move up the draft order for Duursma or just select Sanchez.

Y'know this is a myth, right? He was mates with Jsos and Sos got him in as a junior to play some kick to kick etc with Carlton afl players. So he spent a season or so around the club and 'supported' Carlton because of it. He's never been an actual carlton fan.
That's absolutely not true, sorry. I had a bit to do with the Daicos family, he never went anywhere without wearing a Carlton guernsey for years. He was as fanatical a Carlton supporter as they come.

He wasn't mates with SOS either, Josh would have been more likely to have crossed paths with him as they were closer in age.

Ask Peter how many times he was forced to take Nick to see Carlton play, at one time he told me he was thinking of swapping kids with Kouta as Kouta's boy was a Collingwood supporter.

Had some bad moments
Blind kick to Pendles in the centre square to set up first goal
Weak contest against Maynard
Poor positioning on JDaicos in the 3 rd for the snap goal

LOB would be hammered by the fan base for the above
LOB is in his sixth year as an AFL footballer, Hollands in his first

That's absolutely not true, sorry. I had a bit to do with the Daicos family, he never went anywhere without wearing a Carlton guernsey for years. He was as fanatical a Carlton supporter as they come.

He wasn't mates with SOS either, Josh would have been more likely to have crossed paths with him as they were closer in age.

Ask Peter how many times he was forced to take Nick to see Carlton play, at one time he told me he was thinking of swapping kids with Kouta as Kouta's boy was a Collingwood supporter.
Righteo Gab, you nowh have a single mission in life.
Get started.
Find.
Befriend
Hook
Bring home. :cool::p

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Rd 20 Blues beat flag favourites and move into the 8

Back