Autopsy 2023 Rd 20 Blues beat flag favourites and move into the 8

Who played well for the Blues in Round 20 vs the Pies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I sure don't see the need to bash him, he's 19 years old, and already a star, we'd take him at our club in the blink of an eye.

I'm just happy with the win and how we're playing and would rather focus on what our players did right than what the oppo did or didn't do.
He’s been talked up as a second coming of Jesus - we found a way to reduce his impact tonight and it was mainly through physical pressure.
16 other clubs will take note.

A great win - the most meaningful I can remember for a really long time.

Best thing is you can see the boys are truly starting to believe in themselves and each other.

Unlikely we can count on Collingwood kicking so poorly next time round, but I reckon we’ve still go a lot of upside left in this team, so I think we’re on the cusp of a new era of Carlton/Collingwood rivalry. Good news is that we’re younger and not yet at our full potential.

How good would it be to win our next, long awaited flag compliments of our good friends at Collingwood?

But, had to turn it down with 3 minutes to go and the game safely in Carlton's keeping. From Brayshaw:

Inaccuracy has cost the Pies a win tonight.
Surely the game against Port has taken its toll on Collingwood. 6 day break. Played in the rain. Bruising affair.

FFS James. Carlton were playing without 4 of their starting 18 and lost their best player just after half time. Pretty sure the narrative would have been all about the bravest of brave victories if the roles were reversed.
Hodge and a few of the others knocked that on the head pretty quickly though.

I prefer Foxtel, as much as giving money to them irks me, can't wait for next year when they no longer take 7s appalling commentary feed.

Not sure what happened to his 120kg bench press last night but N Daicos looked 12 years old.

There was one bloke in the first half who when the pressure was on just looked EASILY the best player out there. A Cerra.

12 years old and a blubbing mess.

Kacking his dacks by the end of the game and looking very exposed.

47% (or less) KE.

Take your crown for this week baggers.

Loves it.

Genuinely not enough love for Voss.

Has shown a fight and resilience that’s been impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I wouldn't agree with your first sentence mate. I'm delighted for him, and other Blues fans are as well.

Six game winning run, and we've beaten the top two teams on the ladder back to back.

That's what i call sticking up the proverbial two fingers at your critics.

I get the N Daicos bashing. Dunno....anyone else feel something deep, deep down knowing he supported the Blues as a kid. I know he'll stay a Pie player for the rest of his career, but yeah...

Nah, ever since he pulled on the Collingwood jumper, he became the estranged red haired step child.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the replay again this morning with the kids.
Sam Docherty is absolutely elite, second efforts and pressure acts. Wow

I especially loved the post match interview on Foxfooty with Cripps an Docherty giggling as they told Abbie Jones they just could believe the Collingwood players just kept on kicking it to Weitering.

:p:p:p
Is this real? I must find this. Anyone got link?

Jesse Motlop….I wasn’t sure about you for a while. I apologise for having any doubts at all. Not that you care what I think. But regardless. My bad.

You’re EXACTLY what we need.
Like a cannon ball last night …think he even rammed into degoey at one point

Please don't judge me...but I listened to the Channel 7 commentary last night.

I put up with the constant urgings of BT and James Brayshaw for Collingwood to come from behind and play their 'flyball'.

But, had to turn it down with 3 minutes to go and the game safely in Carlton's keeping. From Brayshaw:

Inaccuracy has cost the Pies a win tonight.
Surely the game against Port has taken its toll on Collingwood. 6 day break. Played in the rain. Bruising affair.

FFS James. Carlton were playing without 4 of their starting 18 and lost their best player just after half time. Pretty sure the narrative would have been all about the bravest of brave victories if the roles were reversed.

Brayshaw despises us, has a deep and abiding loathing, probs cos we could have bought his tin pot club for the loose change found in the car when doing a quick tidy!!!!!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dow 6 CBAs
3 centre clearances
50% win rate

Bloke just gets the ball from the bounce
Real glad he was sub and have enjoyed seeing him play his role these last few weeks
And Cerra had 4 from 10 before coming off and a massive 466m gained from less than 50mins time on ground.
Was going to be some sort of game.

I find it hard to bash N. Daicos too much. He is a kid, we know how damaging he can be.

It's the Josh variety of Daicos that I was most disappointed in. Was just as contact phobic, has a lot less excuses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Rd 20 Blues beat flag favourites and move into the 8

Back