VFL 2023 Swans Reserves

Remove this Banner Ad

Was it high? Looked like he was grabbing his shoulder. Which might imply it was just an effective hip & shoulder.
From my angle.it looked high but I'm a good 60-70 meters away

We are utterly outclassed.

But Konstanty’s 2 disposal half is a bit underwhelming. Vickery, Magor and Mitchell all back to earth with a bit of a thud too.
I must say I watched th U18s games that Konstanty played in and I was totally baffled as to why he was selected. Looks like we are heading for a major bust here.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Not really a game for our wingmen though let's face it
True enough.

I’d just really like to see at least one of them have a good outing against quality opposition.

We have basically an entire draft year out there on the park.

Too early to make any calls on any of them, I’m just impatient.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Warner has really improved his contested game this season. He's at his best when he's running and kicking, but being able to win contested ball and clearances is an important string to his bow.

He's still a little small, but hopefully another preseason under his belt and he'll be able to start dominating at VFL level and get some more seniors time.

I must say I watched th U18s games that Konstanty played in and I was totally baffled as to why he was selected. Looks like we are heading for a major bust here.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
When Parker started playing, he had a wealth of experience around him to guide him through. Where to stand, run, when to hold back, when to run forward. From what I've seen, Clarke is pointing & telling his team mates when & where to go.

We are in a world of pain as a club with the lack of senior players to help these guys out while fighting hard themselves to regain a spot in the seniors through hard work. It's a vicious circle for us at the moment.

We look at the team that ran out for the prelim last year & compare it to last night's team.

A simple inclusion of T McCartin, Heeney, Mills, McDonald, Roberts & Ladhams suddenly drops a handful of those players who in turn go back to press for selection by showing their leadership around the younger players who are battling today. Sheldrick should not be dropped & has a spot to lose in my opinion.
This relegates Stevens which should make him fight hard for reselection.
Hayward is in real danger of joining these guys out there today, but it wouldn't hurt him.

Missed first half and saw bulk of that quarter.

Konstanty did a couple of nice things BUT is still to kick his first goal in VFL FOOTY.

Team obviously struggling against better quality Oppo.

McAndrew palmed the ball to Clarke three times who coughed it. Big Mac getting better and took a mark on the latest line to save a goal.

Stevo busy but ineffective. Mitchell and Magor invisible. HHK and Corey did some nice things. Arnold less impressive but ok.

When Parker started playing, he had a wealth of experience around him to guide him through. Where to stand, run, when to hold back, when to run forward. From what I've seen, Clarke is pointing & telling his team mates when & where to go.

We are in a world of pain as a club with the lack of senior players to help these guys out while fighting hard themselves to regain a spot in the seniors through hard work. It's a vicious circle for us at the moment.

We look at the team that ran out for the prelim last year & compare it to last night's team.

A simple inclusion of T McCartin, Heeney, Mills, McDonald, Roberts & Ladhams suddenly drops a handful of those players who in turn go back to press for selection by showing their leadership around the younger players who are battling today. Sheldrick should not be dropped & has a spot to lose in my opinion.
This relegates Stevens which should make him fight hard for reselection.
Hayward is in real danger of joining these guys out there today, but it wouldn't hurt him.
Yep, nothing to say that our leadership group is immune. Cunners had to play VFL for a chunk of last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2023 Swans Reserves

Remove this Banner Ad

Back