List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

If the Hawks are to busy getting everything else they need sorted, is there a chance we just delist him after the trade period, so he can walk to them that way? Similar to what GC did when Lyons came to us.

Ginnivan to Hawthorn probably means any gunston deal is less likely (thinking in terms of what the Hawks have left to negotiate in the next 30ish hours).
I think it still depends on if the Hawks want Gunston as a 3rd tall with goal scoring ability for the 2024 season.
The Hawks should not be too worried about having to sign him for the following 2025 (min 2 years) season for now.
They need someone like him up forward in 2024.
Similar to us getting Hodge when we had a younger list.

Hawks have plenty of cap space so they could easily offer the same money as the Brisbane contract for 2024 and less for 2025 with bonus for AFL game played. He still plays a leadership role for 2 years which the Hawks also need.

Apart from Breust 47 goals and Lewis 36 goals their 3rd best goal scorer was Moore with just 17 goals.
The have lost Brockman 5th best with 13 goals and likely Koschitzke 9th best on 9 goals but he only played 12 games.

We got Gunston for nothing so should not expect much.
A pick next year that has some points value would be our best option.
Frees up the reported $500k and we lose a player that want to return home for whatever reason.

If the talk of a player swap with Ryan has some truth it will cost the Lions a pick or two to get it done.
We don't really have much to offer other than 47, 51, 61 & 67 which will blow out come draft time.

Don't think he is needed at the moment. Not sure about his back/mf time, but we have other players who can swap from defence to wing from the backline anyway. All other midfield rotations come from the forward half in Rayner and Bailey.

A lot of people tend to forget that we will have two Ashcrofts in the team by the start of the 2025 season. That's two more potential mids in the mix. Only thing we don't have is another tall defender like Payne (Adams) and another decent forward (McStay).
Andrews, Payne, Gardiner, Lester and Joyce, with Doedee after bye, are our tall/3rd tall defender stocks for 2024. I think we're OK in that department.

We do need tall fwd depth, I agree with that. Fullerton gone, Gunston wants to go, Henry Smith maybe not ready. Fort could play a role if he had a strong preseason focusing on improving his fwd craft.

I reckon the club is pretty well aware of our needs. Hence the want for Ryan to be part of the trade for Gunston. That seems more and more unlikely to happen. McLaughlin delisted by Suns an option, not as tall as Ryan but just as well credentialed in the Vfl. So too maybe promoting Buzza to the list. Been in our system, a mature body, has been playing a swing role in the Vfl for us so at a pinch could help out down back.

I can't see the club leaving us short for fwd depth, even if it means we hold on to Gunston. They'll pull something out of their bag of tricks before the season starts I'm sure.

Jack Ginnivan for Jack Gunston + a swap of future 1st rounders, let the Deathride begin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We don't really have much to offer other than 47, 51, 61 & 67 which will blow out come draft time.
We have pick 30 to start with.

I expect 47, 51, etc to actually come in, after Gold Coast, Hawthorn & Bulldogs match their kids.

Obviously I’d prefer to package up picks, and move up the draft.

We have pick 30 to start with.

I expect 47, 51, etc to actually come in, after Gold Coast, Hawthorn & Bulldogs match their kids.

Obviously I’d prefer to package up picks, and move up the draft.
Haven’t looked at the points of 47,51 but could be used to move up with GC Suns as well.

Tom Morris reporting that we have offered the Hawks a future 2nd round pick for key forward Brandon Ryan
Future 2nd round and Jack Gunston?

Giving away that 2024 2nd rounder would impede our ability to match bids on Marshall and Ashcroft Jnr... I'm sure the club would have that under control though.

Future 2nd round and Jack Gunston?

Giving away that 2024 2nd rounder would impede our ability to match bids on Marshall and Ashcroft Jnr... I'm sure the club would have that under control though.
They mentioned it would be a separate trade to the Gunston one. 🤔
Maybe they give us a future 3rd for Gunners

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back