List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread II - Goldy&Bucket➡️✅/'24 EoFR & #44➡️Stephens&#25✅/#21&#25➡️Fisher&#17✅/'24 EoFR➡️#18✅

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Shinboners!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hope that Ben McKay deal is set in stone at Essendon. Could see desperate Dodoro and old mate Bradley getting excited here.

I think we'd be in the box seat for this one if it's legitimate and we're interested.

The relationship with Jy and Viney is there, we have the draft capital, and I'm sure Melbourne would love to nudge him towards a side that isn't competing with them for a premiership. The way the reporting is, I don't think this will be a situation where Oliver will nominate a specific club.

Yes there are red flags, but I'm not passing on having LDU, Oliver, and Thomas as our starting midfield in round one with Wardlaw, Simpkin, and Sheezel/Phillips/Powell rotating in.

FWIW from what I can tell most of the rumors of unprofessionalism, beyond how there's always been rumors he parties hard, seem to stem from a bad breakup of a long term relationship.

Surely one of our players has a sister willing to take one for the team? Literally.

Are people seriously turning their noses up at Oliver 😂

Before people throw shade about his extra curricular activities, who do you think he hits the town with regularly?

I think it’s very reasonable for people to be wary. Especially if the substance abuse rumours are true, the last time we handed over a top end pick for a bloke on the gear (and mental health issues) it didn’t turn out so well for us.

Talent alone… f*ck yeah, get it done.

But there is serious issues here, Melbourne aren’t pushing out a player of that quality, a guy who arguably won them a flag with his impact late in that game, unless there is something wrong. And come on, do you really think we could be the club to turn him around? Havin a laugh. Too much at stake for my liking.

Its ******* hilarious that we could get him and still get a couple first round draft picks this year. Our draft hand really is something else.
You’re right, if we really wanted him and the club/player relationship is broken then pick 2 for them to offload him.

They trade pick 2 & 5 to WCE for 1.

We still have 3, 14, 19, 40, F19, F20 to go shopping.

Could be a lot cheaper than handing over a heap of picks to WCE for Harley but like a few are already saying you just don’t offload a top 3 player in the comp.. there’s gotta be a high risk of getting burnt with this..

The timing of having T. Viney onboard couldn’t be any better as he would know exactly what’s going down at the GoDees.

I think it’s very reasonable for people to be wary. Especially if the substance abuse rumours are true, the last time we handed over a top end pick for a bloke on the gear (and mental health issues) it didn’t turn out so well for us.

Talent alone… f*ck yeah, get it done.

But there is serious issues here, Melbourne aren’t pushing out a player of that quality, a guy who arguably won them a flag with his impact late in that game, unless there is something wrong. And come on, do you really think we could be the club to turn him around? Havin a laugh. Too much at stake for my liking.

No club is diving into this without due diligence. It’s not Jon Hay.

The due diligence will come in the form of the trade value and how much if any of the contract Melbourne are paying for.

There will be full medical and in depth interviews.

We need to put our big boy pants on.

Short of a straight up meth addiction, we should be putting our chips on the table.

We’ve cleared about $3m in salary per year this off-season alone, his wage is irrelevant. We could front load all of it in 3 years if we really wanted to.

It’s time.

14 + PP + PP for 5

5 & F2 to Melbourne for Oliver.

2,3,19 to the draft.

Watch the Free Agents roll in at the end of 2024 when they see a midfield of ****ing Oliver, LDU, Wardlaw, Thomas and McKercher start to rumble.

Last edited:
Are people seriously turning their noses up at Oliver 😂

Before people throw shade about his extra curricular activities, who do you think he hits the town with regularly?
Two aspects of it for me.

Firstly there's a lot of questions that need answering. Clubs don't just ship off 26 year old 4*B&F winners for a giggle.

Secondly, what's the draft cost? We have unbelievable capital heading into this draft and they have expressed interest in obtaining pick 1 themselves.

Look if we can end up with 2 of the top handful of kids in this years draft and Oliver of yesteryear then we'd not only win this trade period we'd also have a frickin' medal named after us. But if we ended up with just 1 great kid, and an Oliver that has checked out, is acting up, and has a 6 year contract with us...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t we have our own Oliver in TT?

At least Tarryn is smart enough to get someone else to do his work.

I don’t, this reads like it could give Damo, Carro and co a lot of shit to hang on us

Two aspects of it for me.

Firstly there's a lot of questions that need answering. Clubs don't just ship off 26 year old 4*B&F winners for a giggle.

Secondly, what's the draft cost? We have unbelievable capital heading into this draft and they have expressed interest in obtaining pick 1 themselves.

Look if we can end up with 2 of the top handful of kids in this years draft and Oliver of yesteryear then we'd not only win this trade period we'd also have a frickin' medal named after us. But if we ended up with just 1 great kid, and an Oliver that has checked out, is acting up, and has a 6 year contract with us...

This seems like karma for Ben Brown.

The cats out of the bag and Melbourne and Oliver may have burnt bridges, especially with Oliver’s comments today about their medical department.

Melbourne need ammo for pick 4 or pick 1

I’d offer up all of 14, PP x 2, 19 and a F2 for him, they can have 3 of them or 4 of them if they don’t include 14.

Pick 2 and 3 are off limits.

If we can walk into next season with 2,3 another pick in the top 20 and Clayton Oliver with 5-6 seasons left in him, we have clocked trade week.

Oliver is literally the perfect player to round out our midfield. If there's even a chance, we'd be crazy not to look at it.
LDU, Sheezel, Wardlaw, Phillips, Thomas, Powell and a healthy Oliver..

nervous charlie sheen GIF

Bad Scotts and dodo will be all in on Oliver
Actually helps us because they’ll need their first pick as trading collateral, therefore they’ll need to activate the band 1 for BMac so we don’t force a trade.

You’re right, if we really wanted him and the club/player relationship is broken then pick 2 for them to offload him.

They trade pick 2 & 5 to WCE for 1.

We still have 3, 14, 19, 40, F19, F20 to go shopping.

Could be a lot cheaper than handing over a heap of picks to WCE for Harley but like a few are already saying you just don’t offload a top 3 player in the comp.. there’s gotta be a high risk of getting burnt with this..

The timing of having T. Viney onboard couldn’t be any better as he would know exactly what’s going down at the GoDees.
If Melbourne is willing to trade him away and their first and whatever else it takes to get pick 5 for Reid should tell us all we need to know.
Id much prefer we get GC pick 5 and trade 2 and 5 ourselves.

Reid, 3, 19 etc is far more appealing long term than Oliver, 3 and 14.
Last thing id do is help Melbourne out bid us.

No club is diving into this without due diligence. It’s not Jon Hay.

The due diligence will come in the form of the trade value and how much if any of the contract Melbourne are paying for.

There will be full medical and in depth interviews.

We need to put our big boy pants on.

Short of a straight up meth addiction, we should be putting our chips on the table.

We’ve cleared about $3m in salary per year this off-season alone, his wage is irrelevant. We could front load all of it in 3 years if we really wanted to.

It’s time.

14 + PP + PP for 5

5 & F2 to Melbourne for Oliver.

2,3,19 to the draft.

Watch the Free Agents roll in at the end of 2024 when they see a midfield of ******* Oliver, LDU, Wardlaw, Thomas and McKercher start to rumble.

Due diligence hasn’t really been our forte for a while now.

I get the angle you are coming from, but what about if it all goes wrong?. How does it impact our group when his issues are lumped on them?. What’s it do to our cap for the future if it goes pear shaped?. What’s it do to the club in general, the media hounds will be all over us f*cking up yet again.

I get it, a chance at an absolute elite player for this footy club it’s rare and in a perfect world it would be great. But me personally, I don’t think we are anywhere close to being able to take on these issues. Again, there’s no way Melbourne are forcing him out if everything was sunshine and rainbows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back