List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: will update if ppl happy for this to sticky

Ok starting the hit list of names mentioned in any rumour as linked to us for 2023 trade period.
  • Mac Andrew
  • Hunter Clark
  • Zac Fisher
  • Sam Flanders
  • Mitch Georgiades
  • Liam Henry
  • Dougal Howard
  • Lewis Melican
  • Jack Silvagni
  • Dylan Stephens
  • Adam Tomlinson

Last edited:
Frustrated and disappointed i would say not pissed off.
Still I don't see us winning again this year.
So that's a 21 game losing streak.
If we continue to stagnate and struggle next season players will start to think
why am I wasting my prime years losing every week.

You dont rate Louge
I rate Logue. But let’s be honest we were actually a more attractive destination at the end of last year with Clarkson coming on board the what we are at this very minute.

Clarkson was/is a big draw for players, but the goings on this year will have made players less convinced than if he was in and settled.

Hopefully some will channel their energy into leading us out of this rather than running away.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

I rate Logue. But let’s be honest we were actually a more attractive destination at the end of last year with Clarkson coming on board the what we are at this very minute.

Clarkson was/is a big draw for players, but the goings on this year will have made players less convinced than if he was in and settled.
We won't have much of a choice but to bring in more players close to/in retirement, fringe players, state league players and kids. We'll need to show a lot of organic growth in 2024 to be a chance of attracting anyone decent.

What are the positives? What are we selling?
Harry's first game was a win and he re-signed the next week. George's first game was nearly a win and he re-signed in the next couple of weeks. I unironically think that those results had an impact. It's also pretty well documented that the club is a nice chummy place to be

Harry's first game was a win and he re-signed the next week. George's first game was nearly a win and he re-signed in the next couple of weeks. I unironically think that those results had an impact. It's also pretty well documented that the club is a nice chummy place to be
Sorry are we saying retaining our number 2 and 3 draft picks is a win? I suppose it is given we fluffed the pick 1 last year. I absolutely agree winning drives people to commit. It would be good to know which professional sporting clubs aren’t chummy places to be. I would have thought that all are.

Sorry are we saying retaining our number 2 and 3 draft picks is a win? I suppose it is given we fluffed the pick 1 last year. I absolutely agree winning drives people to commit. It would be good to know which professional sporting clubs aren’t chummy places to be. I would have thought that all are.
Retaining them from here on in will absolutely be a win for us. The depths to which we have sunk are miles below anyone else, West Coast included.

All I meant by the chummy thing is that that usually makes it pretty easy to settle into a club and go 'yeah I'd like to stay here,' especially if there's no go home factor. Just putting it forward as a factor in their re-signings, not arguing that other clubs don't have the same sort of environment

losing like this is toxic, it wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest players start looking elsewhere if this continues.
It’s partners, friends etc talking to you about the most talked about subject in Victoria, asking why you continue to be s**t.
It’d be toxic as * for everyone involved.

Hopyou are wrong of course see what trade period brings i suppose. Might be a pleasant suprise or 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. Why bust my ass, when most of the team doesn't train hard or can barely get out of third gear during game

We can turn this around but it starts with the playing group imo. The Blues turned it around by the playing group having tough conversations with each other and demanding more from each other. Once they got that first win by bringing pressure, they got their confidence and taste for it and got on a roll.
We don't know how to win and we've not had a game where we put a team away comfortably. We need that moment for the group.
We've played 42 players this year, that's not ideal but we needed to have a look at everybody so they can make calls on them.
Last years draft is looking good. I found Rawlings' comment about they drafting being a group decision interesting, I know everybody wants him sacked and maybe that's the right call, but perhaps the list management and recruiting teams were not all aligned on who they would pick previous years.
Like Finnigan wanted player A, Luffy wanted supercoach champ and Rawlings wanted player C.

Can we even use free agency as an avenue this off season?

Wouldn’t it impact our McKay compo?
Not sure how we get 2 ready KPDs.

If Reid wants to come back to Melbourne he won’t be choosing us…..we don’t have the “additional salary cap” of other clubs. Not even close.
There‘s a lot of reasons why we rarely land the go-home kids and most of them start with M and rhymes with money.
Mahoney? That guy has a lot to answer for!!!

Can we even use free agency as an avenue this off season?

Wouldn’t it impact our McKay compo?
Not sure how we get 2 ready KPDs.
Yes any free agents we bring in reduces the amount of compensation we could get from mckay leaving.

Please throw big money at both of Bailey Williams and Oscar Allen who have been WC best all year. Unlikely, but i rate these guys so much.

My predictions and players we should target

Retiring

Ziebell
Cunnington
Goldy
Shiels
Hall

Delistings

Turner
Howe
Dawson
Free