List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: will update if ppl happy for this to sticky

Ok starting the hit list of names mentioned in any rumour as linked to us for 2023 trade period.
  • Mac Andrew
  • Hunter Clark
  • Zac Fisher
  • Sam Flanders
  • Mitch Georgiades
  • Liam Henry
  • Dougal Howard
  • Lewis Melican
  • Jack Silvagni
  • Dylan Stephens
  • Adam Tomlinson

Last edited:
our list went to s**t when we let our best key forward walk to Melbourne because we were too stubborn to pay him what he deserved. Ben was a crowd favourite who was everything it is to be a North Melbourne player.

Perhaps because he didn’t drink or party we thought he didn’t quite fit in, which is where it all went wrong. These are the kind of guys you need to build a culture from

The Ben Brown trade is arguably the only win-win trade we have had in a long time.

Brown has barely fired a shot at Melbourne, apart from being part of a flag, which was brilliant timing for him. His knees are completely shot and has been dropped plenty of times by the Dees.

We got Stephenson for him. Like him or hate him he has been pretty good for us. Will likely end the season with roughly 30 goals, which is a good effort in the worst side in the comp. Still only 24 years old and likely to be at the club when we are playing finals.

Understand your concerns around culture, and they may be correct, but Brady wasnt wrong to pull the trigger on this one. Hes been wrong plenty of other times though

Last edited:
s**t ton better than Shiels and no way he would come. If you could make it happen it would be perfect though. Like the thought process. Pay him 750 a year.
Very similar careers to be honest. No AA’s, one played in 2 flags behind gun players, the other played in 3 behind gun players. Was never the “superstar” just both a product of hard work

Very similar careers to be honest. No AA’s, one played in 2 flags behind gun players, the other played in 3 behind gun players. Was never the “superstar” just both a product of hard work
That’s exactly why I floated him. Not the focal point of the dynasty but a big glue part of the dynasty.

That was a bloody hard team to crack into and (like Shiels) you don’t get an automatic gig in those sides without having an incredible work ethic and are completely professional on and off the field.

These guys know how to squeeze every ounce out of their ability and careers which would be invaluable for all our kids. Absolutely invaluable!

We can turn this around but it starts with the playing group imo. The Blues turned it around by the playing group having tough conversations with each other and demanding more from each other. Once they got that first win by bringing pressure, they got their confidence and taste for it and got on a roll.
We don't know how to win and we've not had a game where we put a team away comfortably. We need that moment for the group.
We've played 42 players this year, that's not ideal but we needed to have a look at everybody so they can make calls on them.
Last years draft is looking good. I found Rawlings' comment about they drafting being a group decision interesting, I know everybody wants him sacked and maybe that's the right call, but perhaps the list management and recruiting teams were not all aligned on who they would pick previous years.
Like Finnigan wanted player A, Luffy wanted supercoach champ and Rawlings wanted player C.
42 players.... It's a mystery how Kal Dawson isn't one of them!

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

If true then this would be interesting...
"Brett Ratten has aluded to the fact Clarko has been recruiting in his time away from the club, helping shape list management decisions and actively talking to players from rival clubs " From someone called The North Melbourne Shinboner..

You would have to think some players have already found out their fate. They would want to know as early as possible to plan their next step whether it be in the AFL or elsewhere.
Should be lined up outside Clarko’s office the day after the last game of the season..

Gordon Ramsay Fox GIF

My predictions and players we should target

Retiring

Ziebell
Cunnington
Goldy
Shiels
Hall

Delistings

Turner
Howe
Dawson
Free
Spicer
Mahony

Leaving

McKay

Potential trade fodder

Stephenson
Thomas
Powell

Players we could target

Billy Frampton 26(Collingwood)
Zac Williams 28 (Carlton)
Bailey Smith 22 (Bulldogs)
J Riccardi 23 (GWS)
N Hind 28 (Essendon)
Mark Keane 23 (Adelaide)
Hunter Clark 24 (St Kilda)
Joel Amartey 23 (Sydney)

To name some

Pick 2 incoming
(Swap with WCE for Pick 1 Harley Reid?)
Rylee Sanders ?
Pick from Port
Hard pass on Zac Williams. Too injury prone, on big money, and too old for our list profile.
Hind is a limited footballer.

Amartey and Ricciardi probably the only 2 I'd like on our list, but Swans ain't letting go of Amartey after todays news.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Retiring

Ziebell
Cunnington
Goldy
Shiels
Hall

Delistings

Turner
Howe
Dawson
Free
Spicer
Mahony

Leaving

McKay

Potential trade fodder

Stephenson
Thomas
Powell

Players we could target

J Riccardi 23 (GWS)
N Hind 28 (Essendon)
Mark Keane 23 (Adelaide)
Joel Amartey 23 (Sydney)

To name some

Pick 2 incoming
Rylee Sanders ?
Pick from Port
Amartey my pick of that bunch but no way uour prying him from sydney. Especially with bud hanging up the boots.

On SEN's sportsday tonight, Luke Hodge was saying how good Liam Shiels has been for the North young kids but they still need an experienced backman & experienced forward to help teach Clarko’s game style in those areas of the field. Tom Morris suggested Heppell or Jonas but Hodgey dismissed it. Are there any other experienced Hawks or former Hawks we can target?

Buddy Franklin has become available today

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Retiring

Ziebell
Cunnington
Goldy
Shiels
Hall

Delistings

Turner
Howe
Dawson
Free
Spicer
Mahony

Leaving

McKay

Potential trade fodder

Stephenson
Thomas
Powell

Players we could target

J Riccardi 23 (GWS)
N Hind 28 (Essendon)
Mark Keane 23 (Adelaide)
Joel Amartey 23 (Sydney)

To name some

Pick 2 incoming
Rylee Sanders ?
Pick from Port

We cant possibly win any of those trades with who you are proposing to give up.

The players you have mentioned as targets absolutely stink (Except for Smith).

Shopping list from RFA:

Darcy Parish (26) - Take some weight off of LDU.
Harrison Himmelberg (27) - Much needed tall/swingman.
Kamdyn Mcintosh (29) - Decent run on the wing.
Jade Gresham (25) - Skilful forward, keep Sleeve hungry.
Lewis Melican (26) - Big defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back