List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: will update if ppl happy for this to sticky

Ok starting the hit list of names mentioned in any rumour as linked to us for 2023 trade period.
  • Mac Andrew
  • Hunter Clark
  • Zac Fisher
  • Sam Flanders
  • Mitch Georgiades
  • Liam Henry
  • Dougal Howard
  • Lewis Melican
  • Jack Silvagni
  • Dylan Stephens
  • Adam Tomlinson

Last edited:
I reckon with Cunners, Ziebell, maybe Goldy and maybe Shiels exiting, Clarko might go sniffing around Isaac Smith for a couple of post-retirement years. Would still be the best runner on our list if he came. Just a question of whether getting him will keep Goater from playing week in and week out.

I reckon we're trading up for Reid regardless.

Barrett was running with this on TFS, was really positive about the meaning of the win and then said he expects us to get Reid anyway.

How would you have thrown yesterday's game?

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
"Hey fellas, I know i havent' been round for half the season and i only just recently got back, and that you've all lost 20 in a row, and some of you haven't had a win this year, and haven't had a win ever... but could you go out there and lose on purpose so that we have a slightly better pick at the draft?"

With Reid reportedly telling West Coast he wants to stay in Melbourne, I wonder if they're thinking about splitting the #1 pick. Would give us Reid with #2, but seems too good to be true.

With Reid reportedly telling West Coast he wants to stay in Melbourne, I wonder if they're thinking about splitting the #1 pick. Would give us Reid with #2, but seems too good to be true.
i think if they split the pick the club that offered up the picks would be doing it to take reid, i mean why else would you?

"Hey fellas, I know i havent' been round for half the season and i only just recently got back, and that you've all lost 20 in a row, and some of you haven't had a win this year, and haven't had a win ever... but could you go out there and lose on purpose so that we have a slightly better pick at the draft?" for a bloke that some of you wont even be playing with
ftfy

i think if they split the pick the club that offered up the picks would be doing it to take reid, i mean why else would you?
Don't know how I didn't think of that haha

I don't see the point, tbh.

If the Eagles don't want him, they just pick someone else and we get him at 2 (or wherever it lands, post GC academy bids).

And any deal that gets us pick 1 costs us somewhere else.

If the idea is to trade for 1 so others (eg Melbourne) don't get him, then let them pay up - we'll still get a great player at 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think WC touch Reid with a 10 foot pole with pick 1. If they trade it away, we just screw them and take Curtin.
Imagine if we got band 1 compo for McKay, which is pick 3.

We then trade pick 2 and port's first rounder for pick 1.

And knowing that West Coast don't want Reid, we take Curtin at 1 and Reid at 3.

Roughly/Franklin all over again.

How would you have thrown yesterday's game?

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile ap
It would have had to be blatant.

We’d have been fined.

Any assistance would have gone to zero.

Winning leaves assistance on the table, we don’t get fined. It legitimises all our losses, if we were tanking surely we tank the most important game to tank.

It also means we didn’t sell our soul for a pick.

Cards will fall where they may now.

The future is still a bright one.

The strategy of West Coast taking Curtin is an interesting one. West Coast would have pretty good data on the premium they end up paying good Melbourne kids at their second or third contact.

They'd probably be saving $200-250k a season if Gaff was from WA, before discussing how far he's regressed form wise.

It's also not cheap to get proven WA talent home (e.g. Kelly or Jackson), so there isn't a huge advantage in the long game.

Not sure if AFL recruiters are this salary cap focused/advanced in their analysis yet though.

Haha could you imagine that. Massive over pay if we trade pick 2 and 14 (Port's first) for just 1. WCE would have to get us back into the 2nd round or very early 3rd round for it to be fair points wise.

If Brady thinks they want curtin but put out smoke signals they want Reid, it might become a high stakes blinking contest.

They’ll want to split their pick with us. Does Brady hood the ground or give up something?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The AFL will just do some horse trading.

Here North, take this compensation pick and pass it onto WC with your pick 2.

Everyone is a winner. AFL assist WC through the back door and North get the talented VIC kid.

The AFL will just do some horse trading.

Here North, take this compensation pick and pass it onto WC with your pick 2.

Everyone is a winner. AFL assist WC through the back door and North get the talented VIC kid.

Yep. I think Mr afl.com.au saying Reid to north lends your theory very credible.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Fancy but Melbourne would just live trade into 2 and we’ve lost the Port pick for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back